Post a reply

OPPO International Championship Quarter Finals!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 28th of October ~ Sunday 4th of November at the Baihu Filming Base, Daqing, China

Well the top half of the draw looking very strong with 3 players (Selby, Robertson and Trump) who between them have won 37 Ranking titles and Been World no 1 since 2010. And the other player in that half is enjoying his best season to date (Jack Lisowski) already reached the final of a ranking tournament losing to Neil Robertson in Riga beginning of the Season.

The Bottom half of the draw looks a mix bag with Matthew Stevens and Martin O'Donnell surprising Quarter Finalists with one guaranted place in the SemiFinals. and then Ali Carter will be taking on Mark Allen in the last of the Quarter Finals.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Mark Selby v Neil Robertson Selby leads 18-8
Jack Lisowski v Judd Trump Trump leads 5-4
----------------------------------------
Martin O'Donnell v Matthew Stevens Stevens leads 3-0
Mark Allen v Allister Carter Allen leads 9-8

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: OPPO International Championship Quarter Finals!!!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Neil Robertson:

"I feel that myself and Ding have already done enough to establish ourselves as great players because we have come from different countries to live in the UK without any family with us. If the tour was based in Australia I would have won a lot more titles. People will never understand what it’s like to be an overseas player, that’s why I think myself and Ding have done amazing things for the game. We were the ones who broke the UK dominance of the sport.”

He is overestimating his ability a little bit.

Postby Deewee

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Still odd seeing Selby-Robertson as a quarter final.

Great to see China's takeover of the game continue with a total of zero players left.

one sided h2h though.

That's all Championship league matches though. In actual matches they're 6-6

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Neil Robertson:

"I feel that myself and Ding have already done enough to establish ourselves as great players because we have come from different countries to live in the UK without any family with us. If the tour was based in Australia I would have won a lot more titles. People will never understand what it’s like to be an overseas player, that’s why I think myself and Ding have done amazing things for the game. We were the ones who broke the UK dominance of the sport.”

I agree with him

But he forgot to say that his addiction to videogames prevented him from winning other big titles like Selby done. He didnt dedicate himself enough and Selby has.

Postby Andre147

Hoping for Judd v Selby semi final.

These two havent had a great deal of big matches, in fact their biggest was a China Open Final way back in 2011.

I think if they had played more times we would have seen classic matches for sure. Still time for that though.

The other semi I hope we see Allen v Stevens, since Allen v Ding is already not possible.

Postby Wildey

The Final Spot in Champion of Champions up for Grabs

Its between

Jack Lisowski
Martin O'Donnell
Matthew Stevens
Ali Carter or
Luca Brecel on Rankings

Postby Wildey

Ding has based his season so far entirely in Asia with his trip to the 6 reds the only time he has left china and hes won nothing.

Robertson cant do that theres nothing for hm in Australia.

im guessing Ding will come over for the Champion of Champions next week though.

Postby SnookerFan

Him and Ding are great players. And he has a point about the foreign players.

Though Robertson has slowed lately, and should've won more. And Ding's asterisk is never winning The Crucible.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Going to the cinema tonight. So watching a bit of Judd and Jack over breakfast.

I saw the Queen film last night as Halloween was sold out. Brilliant!!! Loved it.

Turn on and Jackie is 3 nil up and playing like a dreamboat!