Post a reply

OPPO International Championship Semi Finals!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 28th of October ~ Sunday 4th of November at the Baihu Filming Base, Daqing, China

Mark Selby's Reign as International Champion is Over beaten by Neil Robertson in a high quality match of Modern day titens and Neil will be taking on Jack Lisowski in a repeat of the Riga Masters final over 17 frames on saturday.

But before then Friday has instore the Masters Champion Mark Allen who whitewashed Ali Carter 6-0 playing the surprise package Matthew Stevens playing in his first Semi Final since the 2013 Wuxi Classic a tournament won by Neil Robertson.

Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Neil Robertson v Jack Lisowski Robertson leads 2-0
----------------------------------------
Matthew Stevens v Mark Allen Allen leads 7-6

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: OPPO International Championship Semi Finals!!!

Postby TheRocket

Allen will win comfortably I think.

The other match will be closer. If Robbo plays like he did against Selby he should win but Lisowski is on fire atm and looking very confident. Still expect Robertson to win in the end.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Is Robertson vs Lisowski tomorrow?

Thats saturday match if you clicked on the link where it said Order of Play in big letters it would have told you

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

Thats saturday match if you clicked on the link where it said Order of Play in big letters it would have told you

rofl

In fairness those snooker.org links fail to load for me at least 50% of the time.

Postby Wildey

By my estimation if Ding has a bad UK he wont be in the World Grand Prix because he said hes only playing in the Chinese Events and not Home series

Postby Johnny Bravo

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
carayip wrote:Mark Allen isn’t that great. I think Matthew has a chance here.

Talent wise, Stevens is at least his equal, if not better. But in terms of bottle, Allen is far superior.

Matthew has two majors though. Somehow. Without bottle.

In a weaker era. Winning is lot harder now, the tour has grown a lot in depth. Back then, you only had tough matches from the quarters on.
Robbo said so himself after he beat Selbo today.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Johnny Bravo wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Talent wise, Stevens is at least his equal, if not better. But in terms of bottle, Allen is far superior.

Matthew has two majors though. Somehow. Without bottle.

In a weaker era. Winning is lot harder now, the tour has grown a lot in depth. Back then, you only had tough matches from the quarters on.
Robbo said so himself after he beat Selbo today.

Weaker era? What kind of stuff are you smoking? Higgins, Ronnie, MJW, Ebdon, Doherty, Hunter at their peaks, to some extent Hendry also.

Winning the Masters in 2000 in the most competitve snooker era is something, same as winning the UK in 2003 where he went down 0-5 and still won.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

“The purists and anyone who understands modern snooker would really have appreciated that match. It was break building and potting of the highest standard and just incredible tactical play,” said Robertson. “It was one of the highest standard of matches I have ever played in for sure.

“Mark Selby has won three world titles so that clearly separates us. However, I am working as hard as I possibly can to make sure another one is just around the corner. I would be really disappointed if I retired and had only won one world title.”

Robbo is lucky to have one WC tbh. Shouldnt complain.

Postby Johnny Bravo

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Weaker era? What kind of stuff are you smoking? Higgins, Ronnie, MJW, Ebdon, Doherty, Hunter at their peaks, to some extent Hendry also.

Winning the Masters in 2000 in the most competitve snooker era is something, same as winning the UK in 2003 where he went down 0-5 and still won.

True, the top guys were great, but outside the top 16 there wasn't the same level.
I said snooker has grown in depth, I wasn't talking just about the top dogs.

Postby Alex0paul

Johnny Bravo wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Weaker era? What kind of stuff are you smoking? Higgins, Ronnie, MJW, Ebdon, Doherty, Hunter at their peaks, to some extent Hendry also.

True, the top guys were great, but outside the top 16 there wasn't the same level.
I said snooker has grown in depth, I wasn't talking just about the top dogs.

An absolute load of rubbish

Postby Wildey

im not being funny but you have guys winning tournament now that couldn't 20, 15, 10 years ago.

its not as if the talent coming through are too strong. how come they getting further now than they ever did in the past.

Bingham took 9 years to reach his first quarter final in 2005.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:im not being funny but you have guys winning tournament now that couldn't 20, 15, 10 years ago.

its not as if the talent coming through are too strong. how come they getting further now than they ever did in the past.

More tourneys means more matchplay and thus improvement. It also means u have more chances to win tourneys. And the players that had never won a tourney before and managed now did so most of the time in tourneys with short formats.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:im not being funny but you have guys winning tournament now that couldn't 20, 15, 10 years ago.

More tourneys means more matchplay and thus improvement. It also means u have more chances to win tourneys. And the players that had never won a tourney before and managed now did so most of the time in tourneys with short formats.

Bingham won the World title no disrespect to Bingham he wouldn't have stood a chance in the 90s or early 2000s

Postby carayip

Johnny Bravo wrote:

How do you measure bottle? I am just curious.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

I didn't ask the link, I asked the Island. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I didn't ask the link, I asked the Island. :wave:

Ban

This forum has jumped the shark.