Post a reply

Re: XingPai China Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I said it yesterday. If Robertson wins the China Open and therefore moves to the easier upper half of draw in Sheffield he'll be the strong favourite to get to the final.

who wants to get to a final?

suerly they want to win it so might aswell play ronnie early and beat him

Anybody who wants to win the tournament usually wants to get to the final. If they don't, they don't win.

if they lose in any round they dont win it

Postby carayip

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I said it yesterday. If Robertson wins the China Open and therefore moves to the easier upper half of draw in Sheffield he'll be the strong favourite to get to the final.

To win it you have to get to the final first. And if Robertson moves to the upper half he'll have a very strong chance to do so. In fact I can't see any player in that half stopping him unless someone plays out of his skin.

The ones who are capable of beating him are all in the other half and he'd only play one of them and that will be in the final.

If only the world championship is as simple as this

Postby Deewee

TheRocket wrote:I have a question. If Bingham (current world no 11) gets to the final and loses he'll have the same number of ranking points as the World no 10 Ding (448500).

So who would be in front then?

Bingham, the best result in the most recent ranking event is the tiebreaker (if still tied, the second most recent and so on)

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:

To win it you have to get to the final first. And if Robertson moves to the upper half he'll have a very strong chance to do so. In fact I can't see any player in that half stopping him unless someone plays out of his skin.

The ones who are capable of beating him are all in the other half and he'd only play one of them and that will be in the final.

Point i was making is if players think like that they have no chance of winning it

Postby Wildey

If Donaldson or Woollaston wins the tournament they replace Dave Gilbert in the top 16

Postby Badsnookerplayer

"I hope Player X goes out so my player does not have to face him"

You here this a lot from some people. Don't understand it myself as they must just want to see their player whitewash low ranked players for a forgettable win.

Best ranking wins are against the best players.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:"I hope Player X goes out so my player does not have to face him"

You here this a lot from some people. Don't understand it myself as they must just want to see their player whitewash low ranked players for a forgettable win.

Absolutely.

If i was a Qualifier id hope to Get Ronnie in the first round you cant buy that kind of experience.

Postby carayip

Badsnookerplayer wrote:"I hope Player X goes out so my player does not have to face him"

I don’t understand it either.

Another thing is if say I am a top player and must face Ronnie O’Sullivan in a tournament, I think I rather play him in the 2nd round than in the final.

Postby SnookerFan

carayip wrote:

I don’t understand it either.

Another thing is if say I am a top player and must face Ronnie O’Sullivan in a tournament, I think I rather play him in the 2nd round than in the final.

You'd probably have more chance of beating him in the 2nd round than the final.

Postby SnookerFan

If I was a top player, I'd try not think about it too much. You have no control over who you play in the next round. Thinking too much about who you'd like to play next, you risk taking your confidence off your current opponent.

It's your own game they need to concentrate on.

Postby Iranu

I understand the impulse but I think it shows a lack of faith.

Especially from Ronnie fans, considering he seems to do better in top-player events than normal ones.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

I understand the impulse but I think it shows a lack of faith.

Especially from Ronnie fans, considering he seems to do better in top-player events than normal ones.

Since when do Ronnie fans have faith?

Postby eraserhead

I’m not bothered about the draw this year Ronnie has lost matches he shouldn’t since 2015. Only hope is Hawkins goes out first round.

Jack fading after a good start?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:

Absolutely.

If i was a Qualifier id hope to Get Ronnie in the first round you cant buy that kind of experience.

No, you wouldn't. It means certain defeat and that won't put any food on your family's table.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:I’m not bothered about the draw this year Ronnie has lost matches he shouldn’t since 2015. Only hope is Hawkins goes out first round.

That's Ronnie's only hope?

Avoiding Hawkins?

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:
eraserhead wrote:I’m not bothered about the draw this year Ronnie has lost matches he shouldn’t since 2015. Only hope is Hawkins goes out first round.

Avoiding Hawkins?

No, thats the only thing I hope for from the worlds this year.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Avoiding Hawkins?

No, thats the only thing I hope for from the worlds this year.

Oh right.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Absolutely.

No, you wouldn't. It means certain defeat and that won't put any food on your family's table.

If you think that then time to jack it in and work in Tesco.

Postby HappyCamper

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Absolutely.

A qualifier would have got already £20K from qualifing.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Who doesn't love seeing Hawkins unleash the beast in the early rounds, only to perform like a limp sausage in the one table set-up?

Dammit.

I like Hawkins.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Who doesn't love seeing Hawkins unleash the beast in the early rounds, only to perform like a limp sausage in the one table set-up?

Dammit.

I like Hawkins.

No you don’t, you like the idea of Hawkins.

Postby Wildey

Trump started this season ranked 5th hes had a pretty good season winning 2 tournaments in the same season for the 1st time and after this tournament he could be 7th

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Dammit.

I like Hawkins.

No you don’t, you like the idea of Hawkins.

I don't like the idea of you. :grrr:

Postby D4P

Wildey wrote:Trump started this season ranked 5th hes had a pretty good season winning 2 tournaments in the same season for the 1st time and after this tournament he could be 7th

Of course, only 1 of his 2 tournament wins had Ranking Points! associated with it...

Postby HappyCamper

D4P wrote:
Wildey wrote:Trump started this season ranked 5th hes had a pretty good season winning 2 tournaments in the same season for the 1st time and after this tournament he could be 7th

Of course, only 1 of his 2 tournament wins had Ranking Points! associated with it...

Northern Ireland open and world grand Prix.