Post a reply

XingPai China Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 1st ~ Sunday 7th of April at the National Olympic Sports Centre Stadium, Beijing, China

So its best of 19 frames Semi Final to see who will contest for the title China Open champion.

Both Jack Lisowski and Scott Donaldson have never received a prize this big and hoping for better. Lisowski has never beaten Donaldson in 3 matches but will start favorite to reach only his second final.

Neil Robertson is the Man in form and a very strong Favorite to lift the title but Luca Brecel was very impressive in dispatching Alan McManus in the quarter final.

Who will reach the final?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Neil Robertson v Luca Brecel Robertson leads 2-0
----------------------------------------
Jack Lisowski v Scott Donaldson Donaldson leads 3-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: XingPai China Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:i predict robertson or brecel vs lisowski or donaldson

Hot take.
i do my best

Postby Andre147

Lisowski v Luca would be a dream Final!

Two young players going h2h for a big title such as this.

But we might end up with Robbo winning the title easily...

Postby eraserhead

I think Donaldson will be in the final, and unless Luca plays out of his skin I don't see him beating Robbo over two sessions.

Postby Alex0paul

Donaldson isn’t half as talented as Lisowski but he’s got a superb temperament which over the longer match could see him through. It’s such a big match for 3 of the 4 semi finalists which makes it so intriguing

Postby eraserhead

Alex0paul wrote:Donaldson isn’t half as talented as Lisowski but he’s got a superb temperament which over the longer match could see him through. It’s such a big match for 3 of the 4 semi finalists which makes it so intriguing

That's how see it as well,. Jack's stumbled a couple of times against players he should beat at this end of the tournament this season.

Postby Dan-cat

Wow Jackie D Jackie D Jackie D!!!! You do like to make me sweat don't you?!

I got home about an hour ago after a very successful day, one of my coaching clients was being interviewed on Rinse FM in London which was a really big deal for him. He rocked it. I managed to avoid all social media and the Island so had no idea of the results. The Eurosport player was showing the match at 5-3 to Jackie. Brilliant I thought, he's in the semis! There follows three excruciating frames to watch as a fan. As Bingham was nearing the winning line I flipped over to some comedy on Youtube. I flick back, and Lisowski is 25 behind and has a chance to win! He takes it. Brilliant. Be still my beating heart!

Wee Scotty McScotland takes it on the other table, and Robbo and Luca in the other semi! ACE.

Postby csprince

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, if Donaldson wins the China Open, he's seeded at Sheffield?

Correct.

That is remarkable

Skewed ranking system.
agreed

Postby aimlesswandeer

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't mind the ranking system and good luck to Donaldson etc but it would be strange if he were top 16 on the back of this season.

Not right IMO

This tournament is possibly worth more than it should be. But talking about stacked systems the odds are stacked against players outside the top 16 when the current top 16 get a minimum 10,000 points by virtue of qualifying for the Players Championship and the top 8 get 20,000 minimum for qualifying for the Tour Championship. Now that’s unfair, the rich getting richer and all that.

Postby D4P

aimlesswandeer wrote:This tournament is possibly worth more than it should be. But talking about stacked systems the odds are stacked against players outside the top 16 when the current top 16 get a minimum 10,000 points by virtue of qualifying for the Players Championship and the top 8 get 20,000 minimum for qualifying for the Tour Championship. Now that’s unfair, the rich getting richer and all that.

I bet it hasn't even occurred to Barry Hearn that he could pay that prize money as a bonus without it having to count as Ranking Points...

On the other hand, the positive aspect of that system is that it at least slightly increases the weight that the Crucible seedings place on players' performance this season relative to last season...

Postby aimlesswandeer

D4P wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:This tournament is possibly worth more than it should be. But talking about stacked systems the odds are stacked against players outside the top 16 when the current top 16 get a minimum 10,000 points by virtue of qualifying for the Players Championship and the top 8 get 20,000 minimum for qualifying for the Tour Championship. Now that’s unfair, the rich getting richer and all that.

I bet it hasn't even occurred to Barry Hearn that he could pay that prize money as a bonus without it having to count as Ranking Points...

On the other hand, the positive aspect of that system is that it at least slightly increases the weight that the Crucible seedings place on players' performance this season relative to last season...

I know... And he wonders why young players find it hard to progress in the game. Okay, that’s not the only reason but making the top 16 an increasingly protected species doesn’t help.

If he makes the Champion Of Champions and the Masters into rankers too the top 16 would never change.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

aimlesswandeer wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't mind the ranking system and good luck to Donaldson etc but it would be strange if he were top 16 on the back of this season.

Not right IMO

This tournament is possibly worth more than it should be. But talking about stacked systems the odds are stacked against players outside the top 16 when the current top 16 get a minimum 10,000 points by virtue of qualifying for the Players Championship and the top 8 get 20,000 minimum for qualifying for the Tour Championship. Now that’s unfair, the rich getting richer and all that.

I agree with you that those points are not really fair.

Postby HappyCamper

Not right IMO

No less egregious than Luca Brecel in the last two years.

Postby csprince

there"s never been a decent ranking system in snooker this is a sport that gave us merit points. a points.frame points.and then another great system where someone wins a match and gets 650 points and somebody loses and gets 700 points world snooker would"t know a decent system if it came up and introduced itself i forgot about when you had the same official ranking all season to be fair he bought in the rolling system but knackered that by overweighting the worlds so that most of the time no1 and no2 are the last 2 world champions ronnie being the exception at the moment.
Last edited by csprince on 05 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

HappyCamper wrote:

Not right IMO

Brecel has performed far more consistently than Donaldson. I would struggle to think of a player who is more deserving of a top 16 ranking (who does not already hold one).

Postby D4P

csprince wrote:there"s never been a decent ranking system in snooker this is a sport that gave us merit points. a points.frame points.and then another great system where someone wins a match and gets 650 points and somebody loses and gets 700 points world snooker would"t know a decent system if it came up and introduced itself

I get the impression that Barry Hearn doesn't think snooker fans are very smart, and that he tries (as a result) to keep the ranking system as simple as possible so that the drunk guys watching snooker in the bar can understand it.

I also think that the more that Ronnie complains about Ranking Points, the more that Hearn will want to keep the system the way it is so that it doesn't look like he was being controlled by what the players want...

Postby csprince

D4P wrote:
csprince wrote:there"s never been a decent ranking system in snooker this is a sport that gave us merit points. a points.frame points.and then another great system where someone wins a match and gets 650 points and somebody loses and gets 700 points world snooker would"t know a decent system if it came up and introduced itself

I get the impression that Barry Hearn doesn't think snooker fans are very smart, and that he tries (as a result) to keep the ranking system as simple as possible so that the drunk guys watching snooker in the bar can understand it.

I also think that the more that Ronnie complains about Ranking Points, the more that Hearn will want to keep the system the way it is so that it doesn't look like he was being controlled by what the players want...

i agree. i think hearn won"t change the system cause then he would have to admit that he was wrong and people like him don"t like doing that. and admit that events like the worlds are over weighted i like donaldson and would be happy whoever wins the china but for donaldson to be top16 after the china isn"t right

Postby csprince

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Not right IMO

Brecel has performed far more consistently than Donaldson. I would struggle to think of a player who is more deserving of a top 16 ranking (who does not already hold one).
ryan day?

Postby Alex0paul

csprince wrote:
D4P wrote:

i agree. i think hearn won"t change the system cause then he would have to admit that he was wrong and people like him don"t like doing that. and admit that events like the worlds are over weighted i like donaldson and would be happy whoever wins the china but for donaldson to be top16 after the china isn"t right

Why should Murphy be in top 16 but Donaldson, a hypothetical winner of a huge event, not be?