Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Last 32 !!

Postby kolompar

Johnny Bravo wrote:Aye, the Gibraltar Open. How could I have missed this "major" event ? rofl

In this tourney, Bond beat "all time greats" such as Aditya Mehta, Steven Hallworth, Daniel Wells, Igor Figueiredo and Alfie Burden, before finally succumbing to an "average" player like Shaun Murphy (never heard of this guy) by not winning a single frame. rofl rofl rofl

So does the tour not have a lot of strength in depth now?

Don't know why Bond gets dissed so much, he's doing well for his age, much better than Jimmy for example.

Postby kolompar

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah that is a good avatar.

Meanwhile Judd goes about his business beating top pro.s. with style

Hopefully no one will confuse me with you.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Good win Judd. Seems in a happy space and has his brother to keep him company as he felt a little lonely. A happy Trumper is a dangerous beast.

Postby Chalk McHugh

TheRocket wrote:Looks like we'll have a ROS-Robbo and Trump-Higgins clash in the quarters.

If that's the case i will have to change the old proverb to familiarity breeds content. Sweet.

Postby Iranu

Just once I want a tournament where both MJW and Ronnie do well. Preferably meeting in the final.

Considering they're the form players of the last season you'd think this wasn't too much to ask.

Postby eraserhead

TheRocket wrote:Looks like we'll have a ROS-Robbo and Trump-Higgins clash in the quarters.

One of them is bound to lose. >-(

Postby Johnny Bravo

kolompar wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Aye, the Gibraltar Open. How could I have missed this "major" event ? rofl

In this tourney, Bond beat "all time greats" such as Aditya Mehta, Steven Hallworth, Daniel Wells, Igor Figueiredo and Alfie Burden, before finally succumbing to an "average" player like Shaun Murphy (never heard of this guy) by not winning a single frame. rofl rofl rofl

So does the tour not have a lot of strength in depth now?

Don't know why Bond gets dissed so much, he's doing well for his age, much better than Jimmy for example.

The tour is stronger in depth. For example, if back then we had 3 world class players, 5 great players and 10 decent/good players, nowadays you have twice as many in any department. Also, the game is more oriented towards attack.
As 4 Bond, nobody has anything personal with him, but it's more than obvious that he's not exactly an all time great and he's certainly nowhere near Jimmy's level. Ability wise, Jimmy was good enough to beat Hendry in a WC final, it was his mental weaknesses and bad lifestyle that ultimately prevented that.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Trump looks good enough to win this thing and he might give Ronnie some big trouble. Luckily for ROS, his love Higgo is on Trump's side of the draw, therefore Trump will not advance any further than the semis. :chuckle:
So ROS only has 2 obstacles on his way to another trophy: Robbo and Higgo.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:As highest ranked player left, it would be a failure if ROS does not win this now.

Lol

Theres players there that will pounce on the type of form Ronnie displayed so far he needs to up his game significantly.

Postby carayip

Iranu wrote:Just once I want a tournament where both MJW and Ronnie do well. Preferably meeting in the final.

Considering they're the form players of the last season you'd think this wasn't too much to ask.

They haven’t met in a Final since 2000.

Postby SnookerFan

carayip wrote:
Iranu wrote:Just once I want a tournament where both MJW and Ronnie do well. Preferably meeting in the final.

They haven’t met in a Final since 2000.

DECLINE!