Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Semi Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Best thing that could happen tomorrow for the sport if a 20 something beats Ronnie in a major 2 session Final however as much as i like Kyren cant see that happening

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Best thing that could happen tomorrow for the sport if a 20 something beats Ronnie in a major 2 session Final however as much as i like Kyren cant see that happening

Obviously want ROS to win, but I'd be happy too if Kyren won. Like his style of play and overall attitude.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I expect Ronnie to destroy Wilson.

Wilsons only hope is if Ronnies level drops like it did against Murphy in last years final. And even then it'd be a very close match.

Ronnie is very good in non-ranking events

This season yes.

And he didnt do too bad in the only ranker he entered did he...

Well he got slaughtered by Mark Davis so if that's the measure.....

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Wilsons only hope is if Ronnies level drops like it did against Murphy in last years final. And even then it'd be a very close match.

This season yes.

And?

Even the very best get hammered at times.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Yes, that's always been Ronnie's problem.

He's rubbish at winning ranking events. <doh>

I dont get people sometimes...

He won 5 rankers last season FFS.. and the only one he entered he reached the semis this season.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:buck's sake - I paid the guy a complement and the army are out.

I said he is doing well in non-rankers.

I did not say he is bad at rankers.

Can we have some balance please Ronnettes

Fair enough <ok>

I like the Ronnettes.... havent heard that one before <laugh>

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

This season yes.

Not a proper win for Davis as Ronnie clearly had other things on his mind. I wouldn't actually be surprised if Ronnie tanked that match on purpose to try and atone for his error the previous night.

Postby Wildey

Kyren reminds me of how Selby was he was reaching a lot of finals or latter stages of big events but getting Beat Selby won 3 Rankers up until he Beat Ronnie in the World Final in 2014 and lost in 8 finals since then hes lost in 1 ranking Final and won 12

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

This season yes.

Not a proper win for Davis as Ronnie clearly had other things on his mind. I wouldn't actually be surprised if Ronnie tanked that match on purpose to try and atone for his error the previous night.

What error Cloud???

I could have sworn he did not notice that he had disturbed the reds....

It's all forgotten now.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Kyren reminds me of how Selby was he was reaching a lot of finals or latter stages of big events but getting Beat Selby won 3 Rankers up until he Beat Ronnie in the World Final in 2014 and lost in 8 finals since then hes lost in 1 ranking Final and won 12

Actually I see some comparisons between his game and Selby's, very methodical players.

I'm sure if Kyren develops his game in the big pressure moments he could become a new Mark Selby so to speak.

Not identical of course because no player can match Selby apart from Higgins, but close.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:We just got to face it. This site can't analyse Ronnie's skills properly.

Ban him Andre - it is important that you assert yourself in your early days as a mod.

Send out a message and all that.....

Lol has SF ever been banned?

Even so, I'm quite a fair mod as long as people dont insult or offend others personal feelings. If that happens I have zero tolerence for it. Respect for others is something I take great value.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:We just got to face it. This site can't analyse Ronnie's skills properly.

Ban him Andre - it is important that you assert yourself in your early days as a mod.

Even so, I'm quite a fair mod as long as people dont insult or offend others personal feelings. If that happens I have zero tolerence for it. Respect for others is something I take great value.

Your medal's in the post.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Your medal's in the post.

Thank you.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Kyren reminds me of how Selby was he was reaching a lot of finals or latter stages of big events but getting Beat Selby won 3 Rankers up until he Beat Ronnie in the World Final in 2014 and lost in 8 finals since then hes lost in 1 ranking Final and won 12

Actually I see some comparisons between his game and Selby's, very methodical players.

I'm sure if Kyren develops his game in the big pressure moments he could become a new Mark Selby so to speak.

Not identical of course because no player can match Selby apart from Higgins, but close.

Methodical players can get the results, but they are not very entertaining to watch, thus not drawing the crowds.

Postby TheRocket

I'm not a fan of Wilson at all but I gotta give the guy credit. He's a very dedicated player and been doing a good job in recent time.

He's definitely the strongest out there from the 20 something players atm. Better than Trump and their recent H2H battles obviously prove it.

And Trump in fact might be even only the third on that list because even Lisowski's looking stronger than him atm.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Methodical players can get the results, but they are not very entertaining to watch, thus not drawing the crowds.

That is infact factually wrong.

you need players like Kyren or in the Past Steve Davis to counter the flair players it would be very boring if every match featured same style of play.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Yes, that's always been Ronnie's problem.

He's rubbish at winning ranking events. <doh>

I dont get people sometimes...

He won 5 rankers last season FFS.. and the only one he entered he reached the semis this season.

Badsnookerplayer is a bit passive-agressive sometimes in his posts.He likes to discredit Ronnie and wind up Ronnie fans every chance he gets. But when you point it out, he denies it. Saying Ronnie is good at winning non-ranking events is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard...