Topic locked

ManBetX Champion of Champions Final :O'Sullivan v Wilson !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 5th- Sunday 11th of November at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry.

This is the second time Ronnie O'Sullivan has played Kyren Wilson over 19 frames this season with Ronnie coming out on top in Shanghai Masters semi final 10-6.

Kyren will be hoping for a reversal this week can he do it and beat the all conquering Ronnie O'Sullivan?

DRAW

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Kyren Wilson

Click for Head to Heads

Overall O'Sullivan leads 2-1
Main TournamentsO'Sullivan leads 2-1
Multi Session Matches O'Sullivan leads 2-0
Finals O'Sullivan leads 1-0

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Final :O'Sullivan v Wilson

Postby Andre147

These two are creating a good rivarly between them.

Only 3 matches played but all have been high quality affairs. First ROS cameback from 3-0 down with an incredible 3 centuries, only to lose the decider.

Then he got recenge in the EO Final with one of his best performances in a Final, and recently won that Shanghai meeting that was a close match.

Postby Andre147

And 5 Finals here from 5 events entered, this is indeed sort of Ronnie's new Masters.

Hope he wins, but I like Kyren and hia tenacity so wont be bothered if he beats Ron in a Final like this.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Supposed to be on a diet. Not going well.

May put myself some dinner on as the snooker starts, then have a cheeky can of lager waiting for it cook with Hendry, Jill and Foulds waiting for it to took.

Hendry, Jill & Foulds are round your gaff?

:bowdown:

Yes.

I only wanted Jill here, but Hendry and Foulds wouldn't take the hint.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Supposed to be on a diet. Not going well.

May put myself some dinner on as the snooker starts, then have a cheeky can of lager waiting for it cook with Hendry, Jill and Foulds waiting for it to took.

Hendry, Jill & Foulds are round your gaff?

:bowdown:

Yes.

I only wanted Jill here, but Hendry and Foulds wouldn't take the hint.

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

So, what a chance does Wilson have today?

We all seem to be of the opinion that Allen would've been a better final. But lets not forget Wilson beat him.

I do worry for Wilson's ability to reach finals and losing them. And who can forget last year's English Open final?

Saying that, last year I was convinced Shaun Murphy had zero chance against Ronnie and look what hapoened.

Wilson's chances anyone?

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Kyren has little chance in my opinion but I would be happy to be proved wrong.

There is always a chance!

Least favoured option would be Kyren collapsing and us getting a one-sided final. Would like a good second session.

In defence, in the EO final, Ronnie played near perfect snooker. He may not play that well again. And Wilson is no mug.

I'd fancy Allen more to beat Ronnie though.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Kyren has little chance in my opinion but I would be happy to be proved wrong.

There is always a chance!

Least favoured option would be Kyren collapsing and us getting a one-sided final. Would like a good second session.

In defence, in the EO final, Ronnie played near perfect snooker. He may not play that well again. And Wilson is no mug.

I'd fancy Allen more to beat Ronnie though.

Agree.

Perhaps I am selling Kyren short and should wait and see what he is capable of.

I think I am wary of a Milkins-esque capitulation but - as you say - Wilson is not a mug.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Good morning snooker nuts.

Bookies have Ronnie 1/3 heavy favourite with Wilson at 9/4.

Kyren is even money to put 8 frames on the board.

I dont think he will.

Ronnie far to experienced, too savvy, too classy, and a better player. If his head is tuned in which i expect it will be i can't really see any other result than a comfortable win for the great man.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Murphy having a go at the suit Jeremy Corbyn was wearing to lay a wreath earlier.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Magician147/ ... 7151929345

<doh>

Well, he's a Tory man so I would expect nothing less. He was probably joking, but obviously chose the wrong time for his 'humour'.

Postby eraserhead

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Murphy having a go at the suit Jeremy Corbyn was wearing to lay a wreath earlier.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Magician147/ ... 7151929345

<doh>

Well, he's a Tory man so I would expect nothing less. He was probably joking, but obviously chose the wrong time for his 'humour'.

Someone posted in the replies that time Murphy complained about twitter bullying. :lol:

Postby Andre147

Hendry not buying Ronnie's "performance is more important than winning".

Well on evidence of last year yes, he was very annoyed when he lost last year's Final. Think he'll be up for this one from the off.