Topic locked

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Final :O'Sullivan v Wilson

Postby Erza Scarlet

TheRocket wrote:I think Wilson has taken a dig at O'Sullivan.

On twitter he retweeted someone who says "the past is yours but the future is mine".

Tbh though I think ROS has still 3-4 years left and many more wins to come over Wilson.

Even Judd took a dig at Ronnie lol

This is why I love Ronnie still showing them who's the boss. Judd and Kyren, the two youngsters absolutely hate losing to Ronnie and feel it's their time but Ronnie keeps shutting them down.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Tonight illistrated clearly to me why i dislike some fans of Ronnie.

its double standards at it worst When Ronnie gets beat its because he plays badly in their eyes But if a player is honest and say he did not play well then its disrespectfull or hes lying. that is really bad and ive seen that sort of rubbish for over 10 years on internet forums and if i sometime comes over as someone who doesent like Ronnie well thats not true But some of his fans are the pits.

I agree, but the fans on here have actually defended Wilson from those trumpers that were in the crowd.

yea because Ronnie did i wander how differently things would have been from some quarters had Ronnie said nothing?

I can answer that for you: no different at all.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think Wilson has taken a dig at O'Sullivan.

On twitter he retweeted someone who says "the past is yours but the future is mine".

Tbh though I think ROS has still 3-4 years left and many more wins to come over Wilson.

That doesn't strike me as a dig, more an accurate assessment of the two players' ages.

For me it is. He pretty much says ROS time is running out and be a thing of the past soon. Even though ROS is arguably still the best player out there and doesnt look like going away soon.

But I dont mind that kind of stuff. I like "needle" and a good rivalry.

But I think deep inside those players like Wilson and Trump are somewhat snake hissed off they lose to 40+ year old men and just cant surpass them.

Postby Wildey

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Wildey wrote:Of course not but the morons in the Audience who would let Ronnie say he played rubbish after 3 147 would not let Kyren be honest when he says the same thing

That's because he wasn't honest. Kyren said he played rubbish throughout the WHOLE match. Sorry but he doesn't have a peak performance in his career to say to the fans that this was a rubbish performance, sure, it wasn't his best but his best has never EVER implied he can beat Ronnie's best. Ronnie rubbishes his own play even when he wins because he knows what his standards are, as does every fan, Kyren doesn't have that right at all so it did come off as a bit disrespectful to say he was rubbish for the whole match, on live television and against a player with the biggest fanbase who's been on the circuit for 27 years.

He even said he was rubbish at the Shanghai Masters, and at the English Open.

So yeah, of course the fans are going to feel something.

buck me erza has even proved me right just how bucking ignorant and thick some ronnie fans really are

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Sorry but kyren was booed from the audience that's not consoling the guy is it

Maybe. I didn't listen to it live because I was busy so I watched the interviews on my phone after, maybe it didn't sound so bad on a crap speaker. If they were booing that's ridiculous.

Postby TheRocket

The crowds reaction was poor. Wilson indeed played poorly for the majority of the match so he had the right to be disappointed.

But its fair to say Wilson doesnt have the reputation of a topplayer yet. If it was John Higgins criticizing his own poor performance people would get on with it because we all know how good John Higgins is.

Wilson on the other hand has a lot to prove yet.

Postby Andy Spark

TheRocket wrote:The crowds reaction was poor. Wilson indeed played poorly for the majority of the match so he had the right to be disappointed.

But its fair to say Wilson doesnt have the reputation of a topplayer yet. If it was John Higgins criticizing his own poor performance people would get on with it because we all know how good John Higgins is.

I watched the whole thing, I didn't see a poor crowd performance!

Postby Erza Scarlet

Wildey wrote:buck me erza has even proved me right just how bucking ignorant and thick some ronnie fans really are

Nah, I think it's the downright cancerous Selby (the one who has ruined this sport) fans who think Ronnie is always at his peak when he loses.

As I said, Kyren is the one that needs to prove to the fans what his "not rubbish" game is supposed to be like. Shouldn't be disrespecting a legend on live televison like that, especially one who has already proven himself.

But as long as a 43 year old Ronnie keeps kicking Kyren's ass and makes cencerous Selby fans lives a living hell. I'm all up for it!

Postby Pink Ball

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Wildey wrote:buck me erza has even proved me right just how bucking ignorant and thick some ronnie fans really are

Nah, I think it's the downright cancerous Selby (the one who has ruined this sport) fans who think Ronnie is always at his peak when he loses.

As I said, Kyren is the one that needs to prove to the fans what his "not rubbish" game is supposed to be like. Shouldn't be disrespecting a legend on live televison like that, especially one who has already proven himself.

But as long as a 43 year old Ronnie keeps kicking Kyren's ass and makes cencerous Selby fans lives a living hell. I'm all up for it!

Measured comment.

Postby Johnny Bravo

I wasn't paying much attention to what Kyren said last night since I was over the moon that ROS had somehow won, but here's my 2 cents:
Kyren said that he played rubbish throughout the match, but since Ronnie barely won in a decider, his comments might have sounded like a dig at Ronnie. The crowd might have understood that Kyren considered that even his weak performance was good enough to beat or stay level with a player of Ronnie's caliber.
I am sure Kyren didn't think that and was probably just massively dissapointed.
What do u guys think of this assesment/theory ?

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:I wasn't paying much attention to what Kyren said last night since I was over the moon that ROS had somehow won, but here's my 2 cents:
Kyren said that he played rubbish throughout the match, but since Ronnie barely won in a decider, his comments might have sounded like a dig at Ronnie. The crowd might have understood that Kyren considered that even his weak performance was good enough to beat or stay level with a player of Ronnie's caliber.
I am sure Kyren didn't think that and was probably just massively dissapointed.
What do u guys think of this assesment/theory ?

I had turned off by then.

Don't think Kyren seems the sort to make deliberate digs though.

Postby Andre147

Well given both players ages of course the future belongs to Kyren.

I dont find him disrespectful at all. Better than some of the rubbish other players say after they lose... namely Murphy who says it was a privilige to play the greatest player lol...

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Well given both players ages of course the future belongs to Kyren.

I dont find him disrespectful at all. Better than some of the rubbish other players say after they lose... namely Murphy who says it was a privilige to play the greatest player lol...

I always disliked Murphy's mask and the fakeness he displays.
Maybe that's why ROS doesn't like him either.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:The crowds reaction was poor. Wilson indeed played poorly for the majority of the match so he had the right to be disappointed.

ROS did the right thing defending Kyren but I agree, both him and Judd must be absulutely gutted they keep losing to a 40+ year old pensionit hahahah...

Long may it continue as long as ROS plays. Although I like Kyren way more than Judd and had ROS lost it would have been fine.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Tonight illistrated clearly to me why i dislike some fans of Ronnie.

its double standards at it worst When Ronnie gets beat its because he plays badly in their eyes But if a player is honest and say he did not play well then its disrespectfull or hes lying. that is really bad and ive seen that sort of rubbish for over 10 years on internet forums and if i sometime comes over as someone who doesent like Ronnie well thats not true But some of his fans are the pits.

I agree, but the fans on here have actually defended Wilson from those trumpers that were in the crowd.

yea because Ronnie did i wander how differently things would have been from some quarters had Ronnie said nothing?

Are you serious?

You are an idiot. Show some respect man. The Ronnie fans on this forum would never behave like that.

Ronnie has a million fans. Of course there are going to be idiots. It's just a couple of retards in the crowd shouting... There are a lot of respectful, smart fans as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

ROS did the right thing defending Kyren but I agree, both him and Judd must be absulutely gutted they keep losing to a 40+ year old pensionit hahahah...

Long may it continue as long as ROS plays. Although I like Kyren way more than Judd and had ROS lost it would have been fine.

He did the same against Ding.

He talks a lot of white, but that's good to see.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Are you serious?

You are an idiot. Show some respect man. The Ronnie fans on this forum would never behave like that.

Ronnie has a million fans. Of course there are going to be idiots. It's just a couple of retards in the crowd shouting... There are a lot of respectful, smart fans as well.

They post on The Snooker Forum?

(Joke.)

Postby Holden Chinaski

Very dissapointed in Wild's posts.

A couple of idiots shout something and all of a sudden all Ronnie fans are idiots again... THose idiots are in the minority. Most Ronnie fans are just snooker fans who like the best player there is.

Are Hendry and Clive idiots too? Cause they are two of the biggest Ronnie fans out there. Ronnie doesn't like the idiot Ronnie fans, and most other Ronnie fans don't like the idiot Ronnie fans either. But guess what? If you have hundreds of fans, some of them will be idiots...

Ronnie was very respectful in his speech, you would think Wild would focus on that... but no, let's focus on a couple of idiots in the crowd.

Postby Holden Chinaski

It was a crazy match yesterday.

Both players played way below their ability.. Lots of sitters missed, a couple of flukes, a foul by Ronnie at the end... I think Ronnie had spent too much energy beating Higgins, and Kyren spent all his energy beating Allen..

I do think Ronnie showed some class in the end by being able to make that winning break after all that happened... But I have to say I did feel sorry for Kyren. He was so close. That was a terrible way to lose a final...

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I thought the crowd were trying to console Kyren when he said he was rubbish today by trying to say he wasn't bad at all. I dont think they were being disrespectful to him at all.

I'm glad someone else said this because that's what I thought as well.

I thought they were showing their disagreement with Kyren as if to say not to be so hard on himself.

Exactly. I'm surprised your the only one who thought the same as me on that. Doubt it very much the crowd were abusing him. It was the complete opposite. Thats what it felt like to me. Think Ronnie and 90% on here took it up wrong to be honest.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Crazy deciding frame. Wilson was one good red away from winning but even so when Ronnie got in and failed to move that red near the cushion into a better position what he did next was ridiculous. A low percentage cross double with the match on the line was not the right thing to do. Lucky for him not only did he not leave an easy pot on for Kyren to finish the job he somehow managed to snooker his opponent which led to him getting his final match winning clearance.

A nice dollop of luck. Outrageous really. That is the third get-out- of-jail card that Ronnie has been dealt in recent times. Sunni Akani going in off after a brilliant canon on a blue along the cushion with just three balls left to win and Liang Wenbo missing a match winning black from a fairly easy position were the two others i remember.

Pretty high odds on Ronnie escaping in any of those positions let alone all three.

Swings and roundabouts i guess. I know he's had his fair share of bad luck as well down the years but he certainly can count his blessings to have won those three pieces of silverware.

The fat lady was warming her throat on each occassion but never got to open up her lungs and belt out a tune.

However he does it, Rocket man is still the last man standing and long may it continue.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:Very dissapointed in Wild's posts.

A couple of idiots shout something and all of a sudden all Ronnie fans are idiots again... THose idiots are in the minority. Most Ronnie fans are just snooker fans who like the best player there is.

Are Hendry and Clive idiots too? Cause they are two of the biggest Ronnie fans out there. Ronnie doesn't like the idiot Ronnie fans, and most other Ronnie fans don't like the idiot Ronnie fans either. But guess what? If you have hundreds of fans, some of them will be idiots...

Ronnie was very respectful in his speech, you would think Wild would focus on that... but no, let's focus on a couple of idiots in the crowd.

I Said some jesus christ why do people constantly put words in my bucking mouth so frustrating.

i defy anyone to say some of his fans are not the Worst kind esra proves that with that ridicilous post