Post a reply

Re: Championship League Snooker 2019 !!!

Postby vodkadiet

Fantastic 43 clearance from Maguire to deny Michael White his first win. Maguire seems to be coming to the boil at just the right time.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Fantastic 43 clearance from Maguire to deny Michael White his first win. Maguire seems to be coming to the boil at just the right time.

At the CL every player can come to the boil lol...

Postby Cloud Strife

For someone who's struggling to find the motivation and hunger to enter normal tournaments, it's abit strange seeing Ding play in this particular event.

ETA: Same goes for Higgins too.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:For someone who's struggling to find the motivation and hunger to enter normal tournaments, it's abit strange seeing Ding play in this particular event.

Match practise for the Worlds which is the one tournament he doesn't lack motivation for.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:It's enforced paid practice.

How enforced can it be, if a couple of players pulled out?

Weeeeell I mean 'self-enforcing'. You know what I mean? a handy mindset tool. I endeavour to meditate at least ten minutes a day. If I attend a sound bath - 90 minutes lying down listening to freaky frequencies through a big sound system - I call it an enforced meditation.

Postby vodkadiet

Higgins is beginning to look very, very, very, very good again. The top dog, to all intents and purposes.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:Higgins is beginning to look very, very, very, very good again. The top dog, to all intents and purposes.

This is his tournament

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet wrote:Higgins is beginning to look very, very, very, very good again. The top dog, to all intents and purposes.

If World Championship wins mean everything, I'm pretty sure that would make Ronnie top dog. To all intents and purposes.

<ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Kyren Wilson vs Anthony McGill would make a great final IMO.

McGill the Hibernian warrior has found his true style after a season of reconstructing his game. Having sacrificed rankings and result, he has rebuilt his game from his croft in the remote Highlands; McGill emerges as the finished article. In his spartan abode, he has only a granite snooker table, a set of bagpipes and his hair clippers to entertain him. He is hungry, he is very Scottish and he is ready to cross the border South.

Wilson - nicknamed 'Metal Mickey' for his quasi robotic style would provide the ultimate test for McGill. A cue action honed with the aid of the finest sports scientists Kettering has to offer will lay waste to the early rounds and see Wilson to the final.

But to view McGill at his best is to view the matador Joselito in his pomp. We must hope that McGill can carry the hope of human fragility to the Crucible and defeat the machine.

This April, Art must defeat Science for the good of the game.

Ole

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:Will Anthony McGill win the World Championship?

Ah wisnae sayin he would win but he has a braw chance. The old bawheid is a dark horse for the title.

You heard it here first. If you have spare cash, lump it on McGill.

Postby The_Abbott

I think Wilson or Trump have a better chance of a long run at the World's. Ronnie just doesn't seem to care for the longer format so I don't think he will win it although he certainly could. Selby out of form. Robertson has his best chance in years. Higgins getting into form now but best of 5 the WC ain't.

Williams no chance. He had his Indian Summer.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:Will Anthony McGill win the World Championship?

Ah wisnae sayin he would win but he has a braw chance. The old bawheid is a dark horse for the title.

You heard it here first. If you have spare cash, lump it on McGill.

You'd have better ods for a snowball surviving into Hell than McGill winning the WC. :chuckle: