Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Quarter Finals : Luca Brecel v Ding Junh

Postby TheRocket

I really like Ding and I'd like to see him win the Masters again at some stage but I really hope Ronnie wins that one. I think Ronnie has a very good chance to win all three Triple crown titles this season. Imo its his last and best chance at the same time.

Postby mantorok

TheRocket wrote:I really like Ding and I'd like to see him win the Masters again at some stage but I really hope Ronnie wins that one. I think Ronnie has a very good chance to win all three Triple crown titles this season. Imo its his last and best chance at the same time.

How many times are we going to be saying this lol

Postby TheRocket

mantorok wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I really like Ding and I'd like to see him win the Masters again at some stage but I really hope Ronnie wins that one. I think Ronnie has a very good chance to win all three Triple crown titles this season. Imo its his last and best chance at the same time.

How many times are we going to be saying this lol

<laugh>

Good point. But this time I really feel its different mate. He usually plays utter rubbish at the Masters whenever he won the UK. Now he has a very good chance to reach the final (no disrespect to Ding) and if you look at his season in general his standard has never really dropped to a really poor level in any of the matches. Won 28 of his 30 matches. And played his B-game at worst. And that B-game could be enough already to even win the World title for instance.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:People are booing Luca, wow.

Davis reckons they're Luca fans yelling "Luuuuuuucaaaaa"

Reminds me of that South African player Boone.

Without being too immodest, I started that.

I shouted it really loud like that right at the beginning of the match, as the other cheers died down... Looooooocaaaaaaa... A group to the left of me picked it up and ran with it.

Haha. A born leader. :-D

Ps. Once a ronnietard always a ronnietard

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:People are booing Luca, wow.

Davis reckons they're Luca fans yelling "Luuuuuuucaaaaa"

Reminds me of that South African player Boone.

Without being too immodest, I started that.

I shouted it really loud like that right at the beginning of the match, as the other cheers died down... Looooooocaaaaaaa... A group to the left of me picked it up and ran with it.

Haha. A born leader. :-D

Ps. Once a ronnietard always a ronnietard

I knew it was you. Damn Ronnietards, shouldn’t be allowed out of the house.

:lol:

Postby rekoons

Thoroughly enjoyed this match, Brecel pleasantly surprised me, especially in the safety department like the brilliant glancing escape.
Twists and turns all over the match, flukes, misses, great pots & breaks, safety...

In the end though I feel Ding is the deserved winner, better cue ball control and his experience and mental skill allowed him to carry on after his stupid 3 foul loss of frame 9 and the feathering foul in the same or previous frame. But very close.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Hi guys, had a long day yesterday. Was on the go from 7am. Messed up a bit with finding my hotel. It is the Park Avenue Baker St so i presumed it was on Baker St. After walking from Green Park Tube i walked the length of Baker St and didnt see the hotel so walked back along and still couldn't see it. Panicking i checked the details and it was actually on Gloucester Place and i was at the far end of that street when i checked. I also made the mistake of not getting a connecting tube at Green Park to Baker St, instead walking. Not to worry. More the wiser now.

Got to the game last night just before 7. Really enjoyed it. Had to laugh at Ding making his entrance. He was a cool cat,high fiving fans and smiling like a Cheshire cat. He won me over there and then (easily swayed) and i let many a shout of 'come on Ding'as the match progressed. Nice to see two Ding big clearances. Few scrappy frames, too. The Bullet was on decent form too. Hard to believe Ding forfeited a frame. I thought his goose was cooked then but heshowed admirable grit and determination to win the final two frames. Bad final miss from 'Luccaaaaaa!' but he played his part in a good match.

Got the W3 bus back from the Ally to Finsbury Park (where i stayed 2 years ago). Picadilly Line to Green Park. No more schoollboy errors. Transfer to Jubilee Line to BakerSt (which has the higbest number of tube platforms ;10). Was so tired. Never so happy to see a bed. Come on Ding my san!