Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump

Postby Andre147

Pretty even head to head there, but Trump does lead in Finals played.

It will be Trump's biggest match v him since the 2013 World Semis, even bigger than their UK Final, especially in this kind of atmosphere.

I'm going to say Ronnie wins this one 10-8.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Pretty even head to head there, but Trump does lead in Finals played.

It will be Trump's biggest match v him since the 2013 World Semis, even bigger than their UK Final, especially in this kind of atmosphere.

I'm going to say Ronnie wins this one 10-8.

of course some of thoes finals were minor finals but they were finals.

in what id consider Main Finals its 3-3

Postby Andre147

Main Finals Trump has won the WGP, EM and NI.

ROS won the CoC, UK and Shanghai.

For me it will be their biggest Final yet. Only the World Final would surpass that.

So something gotta give tomorrow.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Main Finals Trump has won the WGP, EM and NI.

ROS won the CoC, UK and Shanghai.

For me it will be their biggest Final yet. Only the World Final would surpass that.

So something gotta give tomorrow.

In Matches like these in the past it was seen as Changing of the Guard when a younger player beats a Older player however that wont be the case at all tomorrow if Judd Wins its a good win for Judd and then as you were.

Postby Johnny Bravo

A change of the guard is bound to happen at one stage or another.
Although I'm a huge ROS fan, I make Judd favorite. Not cause he's playing better, but cause he's more hungry. Judd has always been more fired up when he plays ROS. Same goes for Selbo.
I feel ROS ain't willing to die on that table for a win.

Postby Andre147

I make ROS favourite simply because this is his home crowd and the huge support he gets, and also his tremendous record here.

However, like Selby and Higgins, Trump has a great record against him in Finals played.

Postby Holden Chinaski

This is the best final we could have. In theory, Ronnie v Selby would be better but Selby is not performing well so Ronnie would beat him easily. Judd is in the form of his life so he's the most capable of beating Ronnie.

Ronnie still favourite, of course, despite being 43 years old and playing Judd who's probably in his prime now, and has a good record against Ronnie.

Postby Alex0paul

Holden Chinaski wrote:This is the best final we could have. In theory, Ronnie v Selby would be better but Selby is not performing well so Ronnie would beat him easily. Judd is in the form of his life so he's the most capable of beating Ronnie.

Ronnie still favourite, of course, despite being 43 years old and playing Judd who's probably in his prime now, and has a good record against Ronnie.

2011 Trump was in the form of his life not now