Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Looking like Trump will gain the upper hand in this rivalry from now on. Unfortunately. I suppose at some stage the younger player starts to beat the older one regularly. Especially in the longer matches. And we're probably at this stage now.

A ROS in his late 30's has done well to put Trump into his place from 2012-2014 but now its 2019 and he's 43. While Trump is in his prime.

It's just one match.

It's the manner of it. A hammering will chip away at Ronnies belief and also give confiddnce to all other players. If it comes to pass i think its a fairly significant defeat.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Looking like Trump will gain the upper hand in this rivalry from now on. Unfortunately. I suppose at some stage the younger player starts to beat the older one regularly. Especially in the longer matches. And we're probably at this stage now.

A ROS in his late 30's has done well to put Trump into his place from 2012-2014 but now its 2019 and he's 43. While Trump is in his prime.

It's just one match.

Its not. Trump would have won two finals within a short period of time against ROS. And this one could be a hammering. Snooker has always been a mental sport. This would give Trump a huge mental boost in their future matches.

At this stage I really make him favourite in the longer matches against Ronnie. As I said. Trump is 29 and in his prime while ROS clearly isnt.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:A 10-1 10-2 or 10-3 walloping would be a little embarrassing for Ronnie.

I'll be amazed if it ends up like that.

Judd's too prone to taking his foot off the gas, and he'll feel the pressure in the second session.

Let's not forget this is a chance for a first TC in 8 years.

No offense, but u keep repeating the same nonsense. Judd feels no pressure whatsoever. He's about to go 6-1 in front. He'll only feel pressure if ROS manages to get withing 2 frames of him.

Rubbish its hard being far in front your expected to win and your on a hiding to nothing if you lose....

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:This might be the passing of the baton moment that was expected a few years ago. Hopefully this can kickstart Judd’s career again and give him the confidence he needs to win some more majors.

How many times will this passing of the baton happen? I've heard it 100 times already.

Postby Andre147

I'd be far morw annoyed if he had lost the UK final this season.

He already holds the Masters record, and cant see anyone getting close to that in the near future. The UK he was trying to be sole leader and he did.

Annoying if he loses this Final, but he'll get over this defeat very quickly I can assure you.

Postby Iranu

:zzz: how many crushing defeats has Ronnie had in his career that have supposedly signalled a changing of the guard, or his inability to compete at the top?

He's having a bad afternoon, there's no more significance than that.

Postby Iranu

Chalk McHugh wrote:Personnally i dont think Ronnie will reach many more Masters,UK or World finals. If any. And didn't before this match either. I have far more doubts than most on here.

People were saying that 10 years ago.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Personnally i dont think Ronnie will reach many more Masters,UK or World finals. If any. And didn't before this match either. I have far more doubts than most on here.

Indeed.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote::zzz: how many crushing defeats has Ronnie had in his career that have supposedly signalled a changing of the guard, or his inability to compete at the top?

:goodpost:

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:

I wasn't. Just feeling it last year or so. Even though hes won trophies. Kind of like the last sting of a dying wasp. Mentally it is hard to keep going into your 40s.

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote::zzz: how many crushing defeats has Ronnie had in his career that have supposedly signalled a changing of the guard, or his inability to compete at the top?

this is the truth.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I wasn't. Just feeling it last year or so. Even though hes won trophies. Kind of like the last sting of a dying wasp. Mentally it is hard to keep going into your 40s.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Indeed.

No drama. We all see it differently. The drama of some getting very defensive about others who question anything about Ronnie is a lite silly.

Postby Wildey

Judd definitely created this Match with the way he started and Ronnie cant get any momentum.

Your only as good as your allowed to play and Judd has put his foot on Ronnie's throat today and Ronnie is finding it Hard to get chances around the black spot area.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Iranu wrote:

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Nobody can take the memories away from us. The great man owes none of us anything.