Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby vodkadiet

"I am so fed up with snooker after watching this week. Rubbish players like O'Connor in the final would be the last straw."

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:"I am so fed up with snooker after watching this week. Rubbish players like O'Connor in the final would be the last straw."

stop watching and stop posting its boring

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Koninkaulus wrote:This is a truly bizarre forum. The amount of whining from certain posters whenever their favourites don't do well in a tournament is astonishing, and the mockery and sheer hostility towards any lower-ranked player doing well is frankly disgusting.

I just can't for the life of me comprehend people who hate surprises in snooker, or sport in general. Unpredictability is at the very core of what makes watching sports exciting. Moreover, Joe O'Connor today produced probably the most impressive snooker I've seen any inexperienced youngster play this season, and Hossein Vafaei (who anyone that actually follows snooker should know is immensely talented) has been brilliant. Both completely and undeniably deserve their places in the last four. Yet quite a few miserable people are here moaning about a "shitty" semi-final line-up, some even stopping by just to say that the tournament is crap. Who is forcing you to watch it? Just do something else if you don't like snooker.

Moaning about tournaments here when your favourite is out like a bunch of five-year-olds whose mom bought them the wrong bag of candy is incredibly grating (which apparently is the point), not to mention a complete waste of everyone's time. Complaining about the same thing over and over again is not a discussion or a relevant addition to it.

This nonsense about best-of-sevens is tedious too. The number of tournaments with exclusively longer matches has not diminished, nor are these "lotteries" being won in great numbers by lower-ranked players. I like them because they do spring up a few more surprises, but in the end they've been almost exclusively won by the established top guys. I'm really hoping for a final between O'Connor and Vafaei here though. It would great to have a new winner, and either of those guys would really have had to beat the top players to do it. Nobody could call a potential tournament win for Joe or Hossein undeserved. Or they could (and would) on this forum, but it would be utter bullcrap.

Welcome.
I think your post is excellent and I hope you will continue to post and not be put off.

Postby SnookerFan

Koninkaulus wrote:This is a truly bizarre forum. The amount of whining from certain posters whenever their favourites don't do well in a tournament is astonishing, and the mockery and sheer hostility towards any lower-ranked player doing well is frankly disgusting.

I just can't for the life of me comprehend people who hate surprises in snooker, or sport in general. Unpredictability is at the very core of what makes watching sports exciting. Moreover, Joe O'Connor today produced probably the most impressive snooker I've seen any inexperienced youngster play this season, and Hossein Vafaei (who anyone that actually follows snooker should know is immensely talented) has been brilliant. Both completely and undeniably deserve their places in the last four. Yet quite a few miserable people are here moaning about a "shitty" semi-final line-up, some even stopping by just to say that the tournament is crap. Who is forcing you to watch it? Just do something else if you don't like snooker.

Moaning about tournaments here when your favourite is out like a bunch of five-year-olds whose mom bought them the wrong bag of candy is incredibly grating (which apparently is the point), not to mention a complete waste of everyone's time. Complaining about the same thing over and over again is not a discussion or a relevant addition to it.

This nonsense about best-of-sevens is tedious too. The number of tournaments with exclusively longer matches has not diminished, nor are these "lotteries" being won in great numbers by lower-ranked players. I like them because they do spring up a few more surprises, but in the end they've been almost exclusively won by the established top guys. I'm really hoping for a final between O'Connor and Vafaei here though. It would great to have a new winner, and either of those guys would really have had to beat the top players to do it. Nobody could call a potential tournament win for Joe or Hossein undeserved. Or they could (and would) on this forum, but it would be utter bullcrap.

:goodpost: :goodpost:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:To be fair, you lot do talk some rubbish.

Absalutly

Having new players come through is as bad as the plague by some n on here. As he said they really lose what sport meens with that narrow minded mind set.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:

Absalutly

Having new players come through is as bad as the plague by some n on here. As he said they really lose what sport meens with that narrow minded mind set.

Some of the posters on here would have been like the old gits who tried to stop Alex coming through for being a young upstart.

'I say old chap - these new-fangled Best of 39 matches are a facking lottery.'

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Absalutly

Some of the posters on here would have been like the old gits who tried to stop Alex coming through for being a young upstart.

'I say old chap - these new-fangled Best of 39 matches are a facking lottery.'

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Best of sevens are rubbish, to be fair.

Yeah, I'm a fan of new talent and I love seeing young players coming through, but best of sevens are just a bit too short for my liking. Snooker is a game that needs longer matches, in my opinion.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Yeah, I'm a fan of new talent and I love seeing young players coming through, but best of sevens are just a bit too short for my liking. Snooker is a game that needs longer matches, in my opinion.

I don't really care about who comes through.

I just think best of nine is minimal.

Postby Iranu

Best of 7s don't have much impact on who wins the tournament even if you think they're a lottery because it's only bo7 up to the QFs.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Luck tends to even itself out in a snooker match. But sometimes it doesn't in a best of seven, because it's too short.

I think the impact of luck on a match is overstated anyway.

Postby Wildey

they work with Home Nations.

the only change i would make is scrap shoot out and Championship league and increase the UK.

apart from that i have no complaints with how the tour shaping up.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

the only change i would make is scrap shoot out and Championship league and increase the UK.

Now that's a suggestion I wouldn't actually mind.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

Shoot-Out is absolutely fine, bit of fun, dont take it seriously. Only it being a ranker is bad.

Scrap the CL and yeah make the UK a 32 man playing field at the venue with a proper longer format.