Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Snooker Shoot out !!

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Thepchaiya can finally afford to get a sex change operation like so many of his esteemed countrymen.

Oh please... behave.

Incorrect also. Sheesh this thread descended since i left it two pages ago.

It wasn’t me, for once.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
@mikegeorgiou147
Follow Follow @mikegeorgiou147
More
This snooker shootout could easily have it's own series of events with a grand final! It's unbelievably addictive and entertaining #ClockIsTicking great job by @Eurosport_UK on the coverage too! #snooker #SnookerShootOut

https://twitter.com/mikegeorgiou147/sta ... gr%5Etweet

I don't disagree with him.

It is extremely watchable

My brother said to me it's a pity there isn't an event like that in Ireland as he'd go to it.

I posted earlier that I have never seen as many new members at the snooker club as today, and talk of the Shootout was rife.

The girl who works behind the counter said that she doesn't really watch snooker as it can be boring but she likes the Shootout.

There is definitely something of value in it

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Thepchaiya can finally afford to get a sex change operation like so many of his esteemed countrymen.

Oh please... behave.

Incorrect also. Sheesh this thread descended since i left it two pages ago.

Bit narcissistic that DC.

Postby HustleKing

Anyone know the prize money someone would have got for a 147? It probably was not considered by the organisers, but if it did happen it would have to be worth a lot more than a regular 147

Postby Badsnookerplayer

HustleKing wrote:Anyone know the prize money someone would have got for a 147? It probably was not considered by the organisers, but if it did happen it would have to be worth a lot more than a regular 147

Presume it is on the rolling list but do not know where that is at

Postby D4P

HustleKing wrote:Anyone know the prize money someone would have got for a 147? It probably was not considered by the organisers, but if it did happen it would have to be worth a lot more than a regular 147

The event's Wikipedia page says that the rolling prize was 5,000 and the high break was 2,000.

Postby HappyCamper

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Presume it is on the rolling list but do not know where that is at

would have been reset after the welsh open to 5 grand as there were two there.

Postby Godot

HappyCamper wrote:eurosport replaying the final of the gibraltar open. this time will it be cao's yupeng?

Ha, watched the intro and the commentator mentioned that was Cao's 2nd final that season, he also reached a semis and a quarters.

What a waste. Could have been a Top 16 player.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:So, should this be a ranking event or not?

Let me be the first person on the forum to weigh in on this nascent issue.

It would be easier to stomach the idea of the Shoot Out being a ranking event if the Shanghai Masters, CoC, and Masters were also changed to ranking event status, and the ranking system were changed so that players in limited field events didn't get a huge ranking point advantage over all other players...

On one hand, it's (obviously) silly for a tournament with the Shoot Out's format to count as a ranker. But on the other hand, it's compelling to watch the one event where multiple youngsters and journeymen have a legitimate chance to win their first (and maybe, only) ranking event...

Postby TheSaviour

Really teached us that it is only the time that makes the only difference. Was rather pathetic this one, excluding a few shots from Un-Nooh and the way Michael White potted many long reds. But besides that it was basically an amateur level. Anyone of us could do the same. I watched 40 matches or so. Got completely bored. They missed something like 100 easier than easy little colours.

But remembered me why I used to love watching Un-Nooh playing. A one absolutely brialliant position shot. Un-Nooh was different from the rest of of pack, from the Ronnie-copies. As per usual, as he always is different and he actually deserves to be there.

Michael White looked like he could be winning the Worlds. But then the experts noticed the trouble he had while cueing. Even when it was seemingly rampant. But that flaw was there, I do admit that. And it did cost to him. It has cost, it cost there, and it probably will be keep on costing to him.

But all those players do position the cue ball. When lacking the time, they just tend to miss the pots often than what they should. This year it was basically an amateur level. They all have exactly as good playing and break-building vision and the cue ball control than what Ronnie O´Sullivan has. Who has, I personally think, invented the modern break-building. They just didn´t have the time, and that´s why so many easy pots missed.

Rod Lawler played a few really great shots, only to play the next ones way too flamboyantly and that looked just simply pathetic. Not the best possible playing if fancing to make snooker brilliant to watch. Peter Lines missed a pot which made him a legend. And a genius. He can´t have any coaching. No snooker coach ever would had accept the position shot he previously had, and then he missed that easier than easy match-ball brown. But that made him a legend. Something different from the Ronnie-copies. Martin Gould looks simply brilliant. Every move he made was a spot on. And another genius-story about to begin. Martin Gould. BUT, even that wasn´t and won´t be good enough to win big.

When it comes time to go home (regarding Peter Lines and Marting Gould), you´ll be kicking and screaming. And can u really teach a self-confidence? That´s the question. Or does it just naturally creeps in if just good enough? I play just a one "lottery" (something close to it), and I am really confident it will pay out. As always it does to me. Is that self-confidence? It is, as it can´t be delusion cause I do win consistenly. And what time it is.

And so 10 years inside to me, according Ronnie.. That really ices the cake to me. A 10 years inside. Thanks for your feedback and playing! So see ya again in a year 2030 perhaps.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:According to Wikipedia his nicknames are the Thai Rocket and F1. Never heard these before.

I think Wikipedia invents these things.

I'd never heard of Liang being called Wenbo Selecta, until Colin Murray noticed it on Wikipedia and started going on about it on Eurosport.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 25 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.