Post a reply

BetVictor Snooker Shoot out !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Thursday 21st ~ Sunday 24th of February at The Watford Colosseum

So its Shootout Time most top players missing the tournament with only 5 top 16 players and 17 top 32 players playing it gives the lower ranked players a chance to close the gap at the top with winning this lottery.

Top rank player that will be there is World no 7 Kyren Wilson but as i say that counts for nothing its just luck.

Who will be lucky this week?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Snooker Shoot out !!

Postby HappyCamper

if noppon, xiao, zhao, or mod win this they qualify for the players championship at the expense of maguire.

Postby Wildey

HappyCamper wrote:if noppon, xiao, zhao, or mod win this they qualify for the players championship at the expense of maguire.

Ryan Day would have also been in the mix but he did not enter it.

Barry Hearn said when ITV Took over this event the only reason they would do it if it was a Ranking tournament. now they have dropped it too.

Postby Alex0paul

Who says they dropped it? Maybe Eurosport outbidded them for it?

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:if noppon, xiao, zhao, or mod win this they qualify for the players championship at the expense of maguire.

Barry Hearn said when ITV Took over this event the only reason they would do it if it was a Ranking tournament. now they have dropped it too.

I e-mailed ITV when he said that.

They e-mailed me back saying it was Hearn's decision, not theirs.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:Who says they dropped it? Maybe Eurosport outbidded them for it?

It's noticeable that Sky Sports then ITV dropped it.

Reckon viewing figures aren't great.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I e-mailed ITV when he said that.

They e-mailed me back saying it was Hearn's decision, not theirs.

To be fair, I'm sure they would say that regardless.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Who says they dropped it? Maybe Eurosport outbidded them for it?

Yea pigs might fly.

Postby Iranu

Imagine if Parker or Evans became a ranking event winner before Dave Gilbert.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Imagine if Parker or Evans became a ranking event winner before Dave Gilbert.

I'd kind of watch this to see how the girls do normally.

But I said I'd never watch the Shoot Out whilst it was still a ranking event, and intend to stick to that.

Postby HustleKing

Whatever about the merits of this event, and the merits of it holding ranking status, would this not be an ideal event to hold outside the UK? Most countries in the world are more familiar with pool sports than snooker, so would holding an event that is a hybrid of the two in one of those countries where pool sports are the main cue sport, help get more people interested in snooker? Or is this event totally pointless?

Postby The_Abbott

I'm watching to see the girls play. Although I never watch all the matches until the Quarters anyway as there are too many matches and it gets very samey after a while. Its fun when the players have fun but last year some took it way too seriously now its a ranking event.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:I'm watching to see the girls play. Although I never watch all the matches until the Quarters anyway as there are too many matches and it gets very samey after a while. Its fun when the players have fun but last year some took it way too seriously now its a ranking event.

All the more reason it shouldn't be a ranking event....

Sorry. :emb:

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:YELLOW!!! <doh>

Yellow?

Yeah. The crowd that attend this get excited when anyone takes a yellow ans shout out YELLOW

No idea why

maybe they think they are watching a Western?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Yellow?

Yeah. The crowd that attend this get excited when anyone takes a yellow ans shout out YELLOW

No idea why

Oh, I see.

I rarely watch the Shoout Out.

Postby HappyCamper

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Yellow?

No idea why

i hope they dont do that when any of the chinese lads are playing. could be taken the wrong way.

Postby Alex0paul

Dan-cat wrote:Ronnie on comms for this, a redeeming factor.

Might as well play it if he’s there commentating

Postby D4P

Alex0paul wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Ronnie on comms for this, a redeeming factor.

Might as well play it if he’s there commentating

He enjoys to himself more by commentating than by playing. Hopefully he'll shift back into "winning mode" for the Crucible, but for now he seems content enough with his 3 early victories this season to take it easy and not put much pressure on himself by trying to win trophies...
Last edited by D4P on 20 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.