Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Quarter Finals !!

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Jill Douglas asks if Trump can be as good as Higgins or Hendry. Ronnie did well to not laugh there.

rofl

Did you see the grin on his face? rofl
But he did well to not laugh. And said its a different era and stuff like that.

Postby D4P

TheRocket wrote:its safe now that Ronnie will play Selby in the 1st round of the Tour Championship. edit: oh bullocks. Of course its not. If Ronnie wins this tournament its not.

Yep, it looks like the only way Ronnie can avoid Selby in the first round of the Tour Championship is to win this event...

Postby D4P

KatherineParsons wrote:lol at ITV getting skewered when they try to hype up the 1000 happening this week :)

Yeah, there's almost no way Ronnie would make 1000 this week instead of saving it for Sheffield (or Shanghai)...

Postby Johnny Bravo

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie is nervous when facing Higgins and he wants to make the 1000th century at the Shanghai Masters next season cause there the promoters are cool.

Legend.

ROS needs to do it here if he can. He needs to make as many as he can until he retires in order to make sure nobody will ever surpass him. :mosh:

Postby masterdoctorgenius

D4P wrote:
TheRocket wrote:its safe now that Ronnie will play Selby in the 1st round of the Tour Championship. edit: oh bullocks. Of course its not. If Ronnie wins this tournament its not.

Yep, it looks like the only way Ronnie can avoid Selby in the first round of the Tour Championship is to win this event...

Ronnie vs Selby in a bo17. That would be a nice and good test for Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie is nervous when facing Higgins and he wants to make the 1000th century at the Shanghai Masters next season cause there the promoters are cool.

Legend.

ROS needs to do it here if he can. He needs to make as many as he can until he retires in order to make sure nobody will ever surpass him. :mosh:

What the hell would it matter if they did?

Postby D4P

Johnny Bravo wrote:ROS needs to do it here if he can. He needs to make as many as he can until he retires in order to make sure nobody will ever surpass him. :mosh:

I would have said that Judd had a very good chance of passing Ronnie eventually, but that was before the past few months when Judd started playing more intelligently (which might lead to more wins, and fewer centuries)...

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:The 1000th here would fitting...

This is where he won his first ever ranker.

But if he only cares for money, then the chinese are waiting.

Are the Chinese going to pay him for doing it at one of their events?

Postby Andre147

To sum up the match... I agree with TR...

After the MSI ROS looked focused in the balls, but Higgins himself made a lot of unforced errors otherwise could easily have gone to a decider. That last safety from him seemed like something I would do lol...

Good win for ROS.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Legend.

What the hell would it matter if they did?

It matters to me. I want his record to last forever. :win:

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:

He said they would.

But you know Ronnie... one minute he says one thing, the next something that contradicts it.

Postby Wildey

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
D4P wrote:

Ronnie vs Selby in a bo17. That would be a nice and good test for Ronnie.

Ronnie will play Selby if he doesent win this week.

If he wins this week he will play either Bingham, Wilson or Gilbert depending what happens in Gibralter

Postby TheRocket

ROS won six of the last eight matches against Higgins. Its good he's putting that H2H right again and increasing the gap/lead.

He's bottled countless matches against Higgins from winning positions in 2006-2011.
Last edited by TheRocket on 08 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Johnny Bravo

D4P wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:ROS needs to do it here if he can. He needs to make as many as he can until he retires in order to make sure nobody will ever surpass him. :mosh:

I would have said that Judd had a very good chance of passing Ronnie eventually, but that was before the past few months when Judd started playing more intelligently (which might lead to more wins, and fewer centuries)...

At the rate he's making tons atm, Trump will definitely surpass him. But Trump will probably decline way faster than ROS cause his technique isn't as good. So when he'll be around 40, I expect a massive decline.
Anyway, it also depends how long both will continue to play.
If ROS plays until he's 50, I don't see anyone beating his record. Trump definitely won't play that long.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:I just got home. I see Ronnie won. No surprise to me. Did he play good? How was Higgins?

ROS scoring was good. Higgins was better in the safety department and long potting. But he made too many mistakes in the balls.

The clinical scoring of ROS made the difference in the end.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I just got home. I see Ronnie won. No surprise to me. Did he play good? How was Higgins?

ROS scoring was good. Higgins was better in the safety department and long potting. But he made too many mistakes in the balls.

The clinical scoring of ROS made the difference in the end.

Great. Thanks!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He said they would.

But you know Ronnie... one minute he says one thing, the next something that contradicts it.

I hope it's not true. No way he goes until Shanghai making less than three centuries. That's impossible unless he makes an obvious and deliberate attempt at not making them in the remaining events.

The worry is he'll do something stupid at the Crucible just to preserve the 1000th century for his Chinese paymasters, and end losing early because of it.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:ROS won six of the last eight matches against Higgins.

Not too bad for somebody who "poops himself against Higgins", "can't beat John in ranking events" or "shows him too much respect".

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:

Not too bad for somebody who "poops himself against Higgins", "can't beat John in ranking events" or "shows him too much respect".

Indeed.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:

Since 2017 the tables have turned.

In the 90's it was a 50/50 match. In the early 00's ROS was dominating. From the mid 00's on Higgins had the upper hand for a decade.