Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Final !!

Postby Erza Scarlet

> Ronnie'll go out to Ding. He's no longer a tournament finalist, he showed that in Chengdu.

Can someone explain the context of this please? I always see it being posted around here. I don't get it :/

Is this a meme?

Postby SnookerFan

Erza Scarlet wrote:> Ronnie'll go out to Ding. He's no longer a tournament finalist, he showed that in Chengdu.

Can someone explain the context of this please? I always see it being posted around here. I don't get it :/

Is this a meme?

It's a quote from a user from about four years ago.

See the thread here.

viewtopic.php?f=532&t=5561&p=342047&hilit=Mug+comment#p342047

Postby Dan-cat

Erza Scarlet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It's a quote from a user from about four years ago.

See the thread here.

Ah I got it now. Ding and Chengdu part was confusing, I couldn't make any connection. So basically that guy thought Ronnie would lose to Ding at the CoC based on him losing to Mark at the IC, weird :|

Well he was inferring Ronnie was finished, in permanent decline. Let’s see now... over ten titles since then? More prob

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

See the thread here.

Ah I got it now. Ding and Chengdu part was confusing, I couldn't make any connection. So basically that guy thought Ronnie would lose to Ding at the CoC based on him losing to Mark at the IC, weird :|

Well he was inferring Ronnie was finished, in permanent decline. Let’s see now... over ten titles since then? More prob

Just had a little check...Ronnie's made 23(!) finals since that comment was made, winning 14 of them.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

See the thread here.

Just had a little check...Ronnie's made 23(!) finals since that comment was made, winning 14 of them.

DECLINE!

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

See the thread here.

That’s ridiculous. Ace stats Cloudy

Postby Johnny Bravo

SF is there any video of Ronnie's history making 1000th ton where they show u as well ?
I saw a guy who was wearing a red T-shirt in some of the videos, but can't tell if that's u.
Can u provide a link and point out the minute at which u appear ?

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:SF is there any video of Ronnie's history making 1000th ton where they show u as well ?
I saw a guy who was wearing a red T-shirt in some of the videos, but can't tell if that's u.

I doubt it.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:SF is there any video of Ronnie's history making 1000th ton where they show u as well ?

I doubt it.

At least tell us what were u dressed in or something we can identify u by.
Also, did u get to shake hands with ROS ?

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

See the thread here.

23?!!!!!
That's ridiculous indeed. I wonder how AC is feeling these days after seeing Ronnie reach so many Finals anf winning most of them...

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I doubt it.

At least tell us what were u dressed in or something we can identify u by.
Also, did u get to shake hands with ROS ?

You won't see me, I was in Row G.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:You won't see me, I was in Row G.

Do snooker events have assigned seating, or do you sit wherever you want?

For the semis and finals, it's numbered. Some events have sit where you like earlier on.

Postby D4P

The_Abbott wrote:Even potted the cue ball to clean up and save the ref a job, nice one.

Good point. It's not a true "total clearance" unless the cue ball goes in a pocket too...

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Even potted the cue ball to clean up and save the ref a job, nice one.

Good point. It's not a true "total clearance" unless the cue ball goes in a pocket too...

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

My regular Chinese takeaway isn't answering their phone, so I've ordered from the more expensive, toilet facility one.

This is the worst thing to ever happen to anyone.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:My regular Chinese takeaway isn't answering their phone, so I've ordered from the more expensive, toilet facility one.

This is the worst thing to ever happen to anyone.

Might as well just choke yourself on the Kung Pow Chicken mate. No point in living after that travesty.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
I've woken up a bit dehydrated.

#celabratorybeer

I feel rubbish.

I went to the hotel for a pint and a half after we'd finished.

Postby Andre147

Been saying since February I expected Ron to win either this or Tour Champs.

Well he's won this one, so it means he wont win the Tour. Unless he reaches the Final there, then I wont be too bothered.

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:Well, an 8 man field has Ronnie’s name all over it and good long match practice for the Crucible... but if he did it pressure would be at fever pitch for the big one.

Yeah but he should be used to it.He's always been the favourite and top contender to win the World Championship. Or lets say since 2000 or 2001 probably. So its not really something new for him.

Hopefully we'll see a ROS in topform at the Crucible. His recent record has been quite disappointing. Feels like ages since we've seen him at the one table stage.