Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Final !!

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Goldenballs147 wrote:Looking at it, it’s been quite a season. 10 tournaments, 7 finals, 5 wins, UK record holder, major titles record holder, 1000 centuries, joint ranking titles record holder and World #1, and the season ain’t over yet either.

It really is amazing what he's achieving in his forties. . I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Incredible. I'd love for him to put the icing on the cake but we saw last night what happens when his focus dips...

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:No-one said he was finished. A couple said it would damage him (MDG +?). SF overreacting a bit here. :bags:

I didn't mean to suggest it was all Ronnie fans, so phrased it better.

But I do think the worry that he's suddenly awful due to one result is a bit stupid.

DECLINE!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:No-one said he was finished. A couple said it would damage him (MDG +?). SF overreacting a bit here. :bags:

I didn't mean to suggest it was all Ronnie fans, so phrased it better.

But I do think the worry that he's suddenly awful due to one result is a bit stupid.

DECLINE!

De-ee-cline.

When the crowd Wenbo, selecta.

Postby Johnny Bravo

A lot of news out there that ROS has finally regained the WN1 spot for the first time since 2010.
Do they have a memory problem ?! :huh:
ROS was also no.1 in 2014.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Goldenballs147 wrote:Looking at it, it’s been quite a season. 10 tournaments, 7 finals, 5 wins, UK record holder, major titles record holder, 1000 centuries, joint ranking titles record holder and World #1, and the season ain’t over yet either.

It really is amazing what he's achieving in his forties. . I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Incredible. I'd love for him to put the icing on the cake but we saw last night what happens when his focus dips...

Yeah, that he wins anyway! :D

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:A lot of news out there that ROS has finally regained the WN1 spot for the first time since 2010.

He wasnt.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

That's my main worry for The Crucible test... that his focus dips and allows his opponent back in the match and eventually win it. Thats what happened last WC's.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:A lot of news out there that ROS has finally regained the WN1 spot for the first time since 2010.

He wasnt.

He nearly was, and was provisionally, but then it didn't quite happen

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

That's my main worry for The Crucible test... that his focus dips and allows his opponent back in the match and eventually win it. Thats what happened last WC's.

At least we have proof that he can survive a bad session and still win (Trump and Robbo games)

Postby TheRocket

Imo this season has been better than the last one. Yeah he won 5 rankers last season but 3 rankers (one of them being the Tour Champs) + Shanghai and CoC is as good imo.

And I do think that hes been playing at a higher level than he did last year. The likes of Trump and Robertson forcing him to do so while last year he kept playing Murphy in finals.
Last edited by TheRocket on 25 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:Imagine Selby won the China Open and went back to World Number 1. rofl

Not that unlikely actually if you consider that he's had his most success in China in recent time.

Postby Erza Scarlet

The final saw a peak of 1.2 million viewers. I think that's the highest of any of these ITV events

Ronnie looks so handsome in this pic, he's 16 years older than me and he's aged like a fine wine :love: :emb:

Postby eraserhead

ITV have been spoiled by Ronnie. Their events only have top players and a short format though so Ronnie’s always going to like them.

Postby Drew1404

Incredible win for Ronnie, he had to work hard to get the result I think it just meant so much to him. Things just werent happening for him in the last session thats why it seemed like a struggle, but he was still playing sublime stuff at times so it wasnt like he was under it. I expect him to do well at the world championship but often the players raise their game against him like Ali Carter and Ding did in the previous years, but then that Osullivan wasnt as good as the one this year.

Postby Dan-cat

Erza Scarlet wrote:The final saw a peak of 1.2 million viewers. I think that's the highest of any of these ITV events

Ronnie looks so handsome in this pic, he's 16 years older than me and he's aged like a fine wine :love: :emb:

You're a bairn Erza. And yes - he is very handsome. Angles concurs :-)

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:ITV have been spoiled by Ronnie. Their events only have top players and a short format though so Ronnie’s always going to like them.

Yeah, it's the sort of events he likes.

Postby boris_the_butcher

"...Ali Carter and Ding did in the previous years, but then that Osullivan wasnt as good as the one this year.

He won 5 ranking events last year and lost to Aileen, I no longer trust Ron at the WC.

Postby Goldenballs147

boris_the_butcher wrote:got to admit itv4 coverage knocks the plodding beeb's out of the park.

100%. Said it in another thread there recently but when I first started following snooker properly I could only watch the BBC’s coverage, in part due to the familiar faces that I remembered from my childhood but primarily because it was the BBC. Now? While ES have it sown up in terms of the amount of events they show, and that can’t be matched, ITV’s coverage of the events they show combined with their overall presentation puts them miles ahead for me, particularly with the Coral events this year.

I’d really love to see ITV take on more tbh, even at the expense of the BBC.

Postby SnookerFan

Last year, during The Crucible, I watched predominantly BBC. But only because my new Virgin TV box allowed me match choice on the Red Button. (Something a lot of people still don't have, for whatever reason.) Eurosport weren't covering both matches last year, so I just pressed the Red Button and picked the matches I want.

I always must've picked the match the BBC deemed less watchable though, as I always got the BBC commentary "b-team". Up to the Quarter-Finals last year, I ended up with Ebdon practically every session. rofl

Postby Andre147

boris_the_butcher wrote:
"...Ali Carter and Ding did in the previous years, but then that Osullivan wasnt as good as the one this year.

He won 5 ranking events last year and lost to Aileen, I no longer trust Ron at the WC.

Until he actually reaches the one table setup again, I won't seriously believe he can win it again. Said this last year when he lost, and despite him this season playing better, doesnt change my opinion.

If he does that however, then I will believe he's ready for another crack at it.

Postby Goldenballs147

SnookerFan wrote:Last year, during The Crucible, I watched predominantly BBC. But only because my new Virgin TV box allowed me match choice on the Red Button. (Something a lot of people still don't have, for whatever reason.) Eurosport weren't covering both matches last year, so I just pressed the Red Button and picked the matches I want.

I always must've picked the match the BBC deemed less watchable though, as I always got the BBC commentary "b-team". Up to the Quarter-Finals last year, I ended up with Ebdon practically every session. rofl

Yeah good point, the red button is an advantage and also the BBC is good for highlights to be fair, both programs tend to cover most of the days action.

Postby SnookerFan

Goldenballs147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Last year, during The Crucible, I watched predominantly BBC. But only because my new Virgin TV box allowed me match choice on the Red Button. (Something a lot of people still don't have, for whatever reason.) Eurosport weren't covering both matches last year, so I just pressed the Red Button and picked the matches I want.

Yeah good point, the red button is an advantage and also the BBC is good for highlights to be fair, both programs tend to cover most of the days action.

When I say Match Choice though, I mean it had both matches on the Red Button. Something Virgin previously didn't allow me to do.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:

Until he actually reaches the one table setup again, I won't seriously believe he can win it again. Said this last year when he lost, and despite him this season playing better, doesnt change my opinion.

If he does that however, then I will believe he's ready for another crack at it.

Yeah, I think the early rounds might be the most dangerous for Ronnie. He needs to stay ready and alert in case some random clown suddenly decides to play the match of their lives against him.

He'll be the clear favourite in the one table set-up if he can get himself there.

Postby D4P

The WSC seedings are subject to change, but as it stands now Ronnie would probably have to beat 2 of Neil Robertson, Trump, and Selby just to make it to the final. That's a tall order...