Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Final !!

Postby HustleKing

Alex0paul wrote:Let’s just hope all the big guns are firing in Sheffield

Doesn't look like that will happen. Outside the big three, only Bingham and Williams are playing anywhere near their recent potential. But, who knows ...

Postby eraserhead

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Since 2017 Ronnie O'Sullivan has won more ranking titles than Shaun Murphy in his entire career.

That's ridiculous.

Postby Goldenballs147

Couldn’t watch the last few frames, gutted now, but well pleased O’Sullivan managed to pull through. Very different victory to the PC but just as satisfying.

Looking at it, it’s been quite a season. 10 tournaments, 7 finals, 5 wins, UK record holder, major titles record holder, 1000 centuries, joint ranking titles record holder and World #1, and the season ain’t over yet either.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

TheRocket wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:Looking at the stats he played okay tbh, scored ten 50+ breaks and his long potting was fine as he was mostly always first in the frames.

The man is that good. Even when you think he plays poorly he scores like a machine. When Selby or Higgins have a bad day they struggle to make a 60 break.

Great post.

Postby mantorok

eraserhead wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Since 2017 Ronnie O'Sullivan has won more ranking titles than Shaun Murphy in his entire career.

That's ridiculous.

Total domination of the sport world titles aside.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Goldenballs147 wrote:Couldn’t watch the last few frames, gutted now, but well pleased O’Sullivan managed to pull through. Very different victory to the PC but just as satisfying.

Looking at it, it’s been quite a season. 10 tournaments, 7 finals, 5 wins, UK record holder, major titles record holder, 1000 centuries, joint ranking titles record holder and World #1, and the season ain’t over yet either.

:hatoff:

Postby Ck147

mantorok wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

That's ridiculous.

Total domination of the sport world titles aside.

Totally agree, but still waiting for someone to tell me who this "Shaun Murphy" is????

Postby mantorok

Pink Ball wrote:I think Sullivan will finish his career with seven world titles.

I think 6. The world championship is never a certainty for anyone.

Postby Andre147

Goldenballs147 wrote:Couldn’t watch the last few frames, gutted now, but well pleased O’Sullivan managed to pull through. Very different victory to the PC but just as satisfying.

This season has arguably been one of his best ever, given his strike rate.

The Shanghai and CoC titles werent rankers, but in a way its even more impressive this season as opposed to last.

Of course if he were to win World Title then theres no doubt it would be the best ever in his career.

Postby Ck147

mantorok wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I think Sullivan will finish his career with seven world titles.

I think 6. The world championship is never a certainty for anyone.

I'm not the biggest Ronnie fan, but would love to see him beat Hendrys record, can't see it happening though. Too much competition with the likes of Robbo and Trump who push him all the way. He did good this tournemant but only a matter of time before that gets reversed. His victory speech sounded like he wanted to move on, the younger guys are making him work.

Postby Goldenballs147

https://twitter.com/Coral/status/110994 ... 48800?s=20

Someone mentioned it earlier about O’Sullivan playing himself today like in the UK final and he’s basically said so himself in one of his post match interviews. Fascinating the internal battles he goes through at times and how it can be so evident to those of us watching at home even when he’s able to manage it better nowadays lol

Postby eraserhead

Goldenballs147 wrote:https://twitter.com/Coral/status/1109949510111948800?s=20

Someone mentioned it earlier about O’Sullivan playing himself today like in the UK final and he’s basically said so himself in one of his post match interviews. Fascinating the internal battles he goes through at times and how it can be so evident to those of us watching at home even when he’s able to manage it better nowadays lol

When are ITV hiring me?

Postby vodkadiet

Quite a good match. Robertson fought well but the missed black will haunt him for a while.

Great effort from O'Sullivan to get back to number 1. But I predict a spectacular first round exit at The Crucible.

Postby Godot

Erza Scarlet wrote:Skipping China Open is the best scheduling decision he's made, especially after such a big tournament like this. I wish he skipped it last year. .

Wouldn't even partly blame that for his failure at the Crucible tbh, it's not like he played 6 long grueling matches in China and over exerted himself.

Postby Ck147

When is the senior championship where they are supposed to be wearing heart rate monitors this year? Thought it was soon? I reckon Jimmy has a resting heart rate throughout!

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet wrote:Quite a good match. Robertson fought well but the missed black will haunt him for a while.

Great effort from O'Sullivan to get back to number 1. But I predict a spectacular first round exit at The Crucible.

Yep, will get beaten by a 12 year old Chinese debutant and then be best mates with him. Ding will get jealous, get to the final on rage alone and then lose to an in form Robbo. Come on Robbo!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Goldenballs147 wrote:Looking at it, it’s been quite a season. 10 tournaments, 7 finals, 5 wins, UK record holder, major titles record holder, 1000 centuries, joint ranking titles record holder and World #1, and the season ain’t over yet either.

It really is amazing what he's achieving in his forties. . I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Goldenballs147 wrote:Looking at it, it’s been quite a season. 10 tournaments, 7 finals, 5 wins, UK record holder, major titles record holder, 1000 centuries, joint ranking titles record holder and World #1, and the season ain’t over yet either.

It really is amazing what he's achieving in his forties. . I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Long may it continue. :happy:

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie fans amuse me. A month ago, we were saying he was finished and that his match with Judd at The Masters destroyed him.

It's like we're not allowed to admit how good he is if he goes a couple of months without winning a trophy.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:A month ago, we were saying he was finished and that his match with Judd at The Masters destroyed him.

Anyone who believed something like that knows nothing about Ronnie O'Sullivan. The man has been there and done it a hundred times before. No match will ever destroy him.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:People were saying it. :shrug:

Only some people. Some of us said it was nonsense.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:No-one said he was finished. A couple said it would damage him (MDG +?). SF overreacting a bit here. :bags:

I didn't mean to suggest it was all Ronnie fans, so phrased it better.

But I do think the worry that he's suddenly awful due to one result is a bit stupid.