Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 22nd) Last 32 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Alex0paul wrote:
Satch4 wrote:I've noticed that Selby's safety game really hasn't been consistently tight for a while. Tonight he got away with it because of his opponent's lack of nerve but I think it's been a big problem for a while

He seems to be overthinking safety shots trying to come up with overcomplicated shots instead

He probably feels he has to live up to his reputation as the king of safety and shotmaking. Kind of like Graeme Dott when he tries to play too fast instead of just playing normally.

Postby eraserhead

Holden Chinaski wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I could eat a peach for hours

This and the whicker man are fabulous Nicolas Cage performances.

Wild At Heart!

There's two types of Cage movies. Brilliant ones like Wild at Heart and Leaving Las Vegas. Then the baffling ones like Whicker man.

Postby Satch4

Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Satch4 wrote:I've noticed that Selby's safety game really hasn't been consistently tight for a while. Tonight he got away with it because of his opponent's lack of nerve but I think it's been a big problem for a while

He seems to be overthinking safety shots trying to come up with overcomplicated shots instead

He probably feels he has to live up to his reputation as the king of safety and shotmaking. Kind of like Graeme Dott when he tries to play too fast instead of just playing normally.

Unless he played to the baulk cushion directly, he was consistently was a foot or so from the cushion

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Or Trump feeling like he has to act like a cocky "playboi" because of his status as Snooker big young star.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Very weird vibe here tonight. God knows I’m no saint, but there’s no sense of fun here tonight. Just stupid bickering. The island shouldn’t lose sense of what has made it great.

There has always been bickering on here.

This is different

Brexit has opened up a huge divide within the country, and that is being felt even on this forum IMO.

Absolutely. I’ve been just as bad putting forward the Irish point of view, but from the outside looking in, on a night I’m glued to snooker, it’s very offputting.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Never seen Wicker Man. Looks weird.

Watch the original 70s one. Weird but a unique film. The Nic Cage one is hilariously bad.

NOT THE BEES!!!!

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Very weird vibe here tonight. God knows I’m no saint, but there’s no sense of fun here tonight. Just stupid bickering. The island shouldn’t lose sense of what has made it great.

There has always been bickering on here.

No there hasn't

I remember a lot of bickering. Used to be a lot of it, with members who are gone now. But I agree it's getting tiresome. Talking about politics often is the start of it.

I Agree Brexit this Brexit bucking that all we here about for alomost 3 bucking years and its tiersome now my view on it is the biggest political cockerel up in brittish politics history but suerly to buck we can all give it a bucking miss for 17 bastard days..