Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 24th) Last 32 !!

Postby Ck147

Ronnie79 wrote:The bottom half looks like it is opening up for Selby. With Allen and Trump under pressure he could have any easy run to the final.

I actually wouldn't mind a Selby v Robbo final, some would say it would be boring, and some of it probably would be, but they'll be bits that would be really good snooker, would love to see that one go to a deciding frame.

Postby Vallomas

Just watched Judd v Theppy first session on YouTube (short form).

Wasn't impressed by Un-Nooh. He wasn't as fluent in the balls as usual and his long potting was poor. The 6-3 scoreline is mainly Trump's fault. He gifted him too many easy chances and Theppy took advantage.

Judd needs to improve his safety play if he wants to stand a chance. He was in all attacking mood, but he was very inconsistent. The brilliant 141 break was an exception.

Postby mick745

Godot wrote:
mick745 wrote:Big session for Trump. With Ronnie losing he is a bigger favourite than before. Can he step up to the mark? It could be now or never for him i feel.

Judd will be a contender for another 10-15 years, he'll surely get one in that time.

This is his chance now. There is a danger it'll pass him by otherwise. The longer it goes the harder it'll get.

Postby mick745

SnookerFan wrote:Selby won't win the World Title.

What this year or ever again? I think it is a bit early to say that on either score. As Virgo might say 'if you're in it you can win it'

I am wondering though whether Selby is suffering from a medical condition, maybe neck or back pain.
? He had neck trouble previously i remember. Some said he appeared to be suffering anxiety - whatever. maybe it is the case and would explain his slump in form over the last two years.

Postby Ash147

sas6789 wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:The bottom half looks like it is opening up for Selby. With Allen and Trump under pressure he could have any easy run to the final.

Selby's not playing well enough to win.

Selby doesn’t have to play well to win anything. That’s what makes him such a tough opponent.

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Selby won't win the World Title.

What this year or ever again? I think it is a bit early to say that on either score. As Virgo might say 'if you're in it you can win it'

I am wondering though whether Selby is suffering from a medical condition, maybe neck or back pain.
? He had neck trouble previously i remember. Some said he appeared to be suffering anxiety - whatever. maybe it is the case and would explain his slump in form over the last two years.

This year, I meant.

Postby gallantrabbit

Selby looks very jumpy. He normally seems in complete control but not at the minute. The first round recovery will have helped him a lot mentally though so dont write him off.
I hope Judd comes through purely because Thep is too inconsistent to keep going too far.

Postby TheSaviour

Surely the game has moved forward. It doesn´t matter if the centuries or the "incredible clearances" are made or not, and those do not decide who is playing better. All about the safety from the other side of the table, and from the little colours.

These days they need to stun a long, almost straights reds in and hoping to get the position. Straight long reds. I watched Mark Williams vs the Croupier and Maguire vs Pengfei second sessions. the Croupier was the better player than Williams and Pengfei was the better player than Maguire. The Croupier and Pengfei just both went out to bottle it. Or basically it wasn´t bottling as they were the better players. Some 135 from Williams or Maguire doesn´t matter anymore at all. As Martin and Pengfei both made even much better clearances. Wasn´t just meant to be. Wasn´t meant to be as they both made some way too easy mistakes during the easy part of the safety-game. Selby is the master of not making any of those. Then followed by the likes of Ronnie O´Sullivan, Williams, Murphy and so on.. So the usual suspects only.

But surely the game has still moved on. It´s like there would be just the right hand of table existing anymore. But if making those kinds of really easy mistakes, even when it is not bottling, the likes of Marting Gould just won´t stand a chance. Because there are some steely lads who won´t be making any of those.

Selby-Zintong was the most easiest match to predict. Had to be 10-7 to Selby. And it was.

Pengfei just wen´t out of his comfort zone. Could see that from his eyebrows. Which he shouldn´t had done. As he´s clearly one of those most mental strong Chinese players.

Selby vs Gary has all the potential to be a MODERN Sheffield classic! But even stating that, that match also will be a heavily sleepy and a tiring contest all the way, where as per modern usual, any centuries just doesn´t even any count.

In any case, all the theories are swept aside when a plate of steaming tortellini is served. Tortellini remains the signature pasta dish.

Serving updated versions of traditional Emilian cuisine, including tortelli stuffed with lamb.

Or traditional modenese cuisine, including pasta and gnocchi.

rofl

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm going for a shave.

Had it.

Gillette, the best a man can get.

Glad to see you've forgiven them.

I watched their advert so many times that it cured my misogyny.