Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Fri April 26th) Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Its Day 7 and the first week of the Championship is coming to a end.

Ronnie O'Sullivan, Luca Brecel, Jack Lisowski and Mark Allen are the 4 seeds that's out and James Cahill the first Amateur to play at the Crucible is now in the Last 16.

Today Neil Robertson and Shaun Murphy will be playing to a finish While Mark Selby 5-3 down to Gary Wilson will be hoping to keep in touch going in to Saturday final session.

Starting Out in the last 16 is Defending Champion Mark Williams and Stephen Maguire who will be hoping to progress in to the Quarter Finals if they can overcome Dave Gilbert and James Cahill respectively.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Friday 26th of April

10am

Shaun Murphy 3-5 Neil Robertson Robertson leads 21-11
Stephen Maguire v James Cahill Maguire leads 1-0

2.30pm

Mark Williams v David Gilbert Williams leads 7-4
Mark Selby 3-5 Gary Wilson Selby leads 5-0

7pm

**Shaun Murphy 3-5 Neil Robertson Robertson leads 21-11
Stephen Maguire v James Cahill Maguire leads 1-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 26th) Last 16 !!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Juicy days snooker. Will try my best to catch a couple of sessions but more than likely the final session of Robertson v Murphy will have to do. I'd love to have the next 10 days off. Snookerfanhas the right idea taking his holidays for the full tournament.

Postby Wildey

Mark Selby has won the championship before playing ugly and struggling 2016 was really poor early rounds. Sam Baird pushed him hard in the last 16 losing 13-11. Selby has to do it again this year because his form is not there.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:Mark Selby has won the championship before playing ugly and struggling 2016 was really poor early rounds. Sam Baird pushed him hard in the last 16 losing 13-11. Selby has to do it again this year because his form is not there.

I think he's been far worse so far this year than in 2016. The Sam Baird of 2016 would have beaten him well where Xintong fell short last week.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Juicy days snooker. Will try my best to catch a couple of sessions but more than likely the final session of Robertson v Murphy will have to do. I'd love to have the next 10 days off. Snookerfanhas the right idea taking his holidays for the full tournament.

:hatoff:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:I am tired of Cahill's ugly mug, to be quite honest. I hope Maguire does a number on him and sends him packing back to his sad little life.

To be fair, he has done rather well.

Surely as a Ronnie fan it would be better if he at least runs Maguire close. If I were a ROS fan, I would find it somewhat sickening if Maguire crushes him as it would highlight what could/should have happened in his first match.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I am tired of Cahill's ugly mug, to be quite honest. I hope Maguire does a number on him and sends him packing back to his sad little life.

Surely as a Ronnie fan it would be better if he at least runs Maguire close. If I were a ROS fan, I would find it somewhat sickening if Maguire crushes him as it would highlight what could/should have happened in his first match.

Nope. I just want him gone. The sooner the better.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Nope. I just want him gone. The sooner the better.