Topic locked

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby vodkadiet1

As long as Cahill beat the 'Snooker Prima Donna' he can behave as he likes.

Snooker fans have had 2 decades of Ronnie O'Sulkivan dictating everything so well done to anyone who beats him. Mr James Cahill you are a hero to many.

Fanboys can please themselves.

Cahill > O'Sulkivan

Postby TheRocket

MJW had his fairytale moment the last year. Thats all he could have asked for and I'm happy he won that third world title after 15 years of not winning any major.

He said it himself. Even if he doesnt win anything after that he won't care. (He obviously will but it aint gonna hurt that much).

Postby mantorok

Deewee wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Souvent wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Souvent wrote:I think young Cahill has career dysmorphia: he sees it as it should be in his warped mind (10 WC titles) and not as it really is (not much so far). Quite an arrogant attitude shown to journalists this afternoon.

what do you mean? what did he say? need to watch it.

https://twitter.com/ShamoonHafez/status ... 2377292800

I can only guess he’s unhappy with something the newspapers have printed/done.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8932414/ ... s-airport/

That is low. Bit then it is the sun.

Postby eraserhead

vodkadiet1 wrote:As long as Cahill beat the 'Snooker Prima Donna' he can behave as he likes.

Snooker fans have had 2 decades of Ronnie O'Sulkivan dictating everything so well done to anyone who beats him. Mr James Cahill you are a hero to many.

Fanboys can please themselves.

Cahill > O'Sulkivan

Did you borrow hendryfans keyboard?
Last edited by eraserhead on 27 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
Souvent wrote:I think young Cahill has career dysmorphia: he sees it as it should be in his warped mind (10 WC titles) and not as it really is (not much so far). Quite an arrogant attitude shown to journalists this afternoon.

He was very arrogant after his first match. Even said things like he was made for the Crucible and stuff like that. I thought relax dude. You've achievend nothing in the game so far and whenever you beat Ding,Selby and now Ronnie you immediately lost in the first match.

He seems thoroughly unlikable. Another clown who thinks he's made it just because he happened to catch Ronnie O'Sullivan on a bad day.

Postby carayip

Andre147 wrote:
carayip wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Perry,Swail. Now its Gilbert.

3 players to knock him out when he was defending champ.

No disrespect to either, but you'd expct at least one of them were a top player. The fact they arent shows MJW doesn't cope well defeding the title here.

Come on. MJW is 44 years of age now. It’s difficult enough to win one at that range of age, let alone 2 a row. He’s never going to win it again this year. It’s nothing to do with not coping well as defending champ

But he could have lost to a top player no? Anyway, he was never going to win it again thats for sure.

He could only lose who is in front of him, doesn’t matter if said player is classed as a top player or not.

I am just glad MJW said he will play next season. As long as he continues to play, he has a chance of winning more titles

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

He was very arrogant after his first match. Even said things like he was made for the Crucible and stuff like that. I thought relax dude. You've achievend nothing in the game so far and whenever you beat Ding,Selby and now Ronnie you immediately lost in the first match.

He seems thoroughly unlikable. Another clown who thinks he's made it just because he happened to catch Ronnie O'Sullivan on a bad day.

Don't lower yourselves to this level lads.

He beat your man - but that was his job.

What single thing has he done to deserve scorn?

Bitterness is not an attractive trait

Postby Cloud Strife

mantorok wrote:
Deewee wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Souvent wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
what do you mean? what did he say? need to watch it.

https://twitter.com/ShamoonHafez/status ... 2377292800

I can only guess he’s unhappy with something the newspapers have printed/done.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8932414/ ... s-airport/

That is low. Bit then it is the sun.

Is it true what the article says though?

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I said yesterday he has had his David Gray moment in the 1st round. But I take that back. Because Gray actually beat a peak Ronnie O'Sullivan back then who did make 5 centuries.

Cahill only beat the shadow of Ronnie O'Sullivan. All that hype around him aint gonna change the reality. He played against two players who did strongly underperform against him. And yet he couldnt beat Maguire.

Postby HustleKing

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Don't lower yourselves to this level lads.

He beat your man - but that was his job.

What single thing has he done to deserve scorn?

Bitterness is not an attractive trait

:goodpost:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I said yesterday he has had his David Gray moment in the 1st round. But I take that back. Because Gray actually beat a peak Ronnie O'Sullivan back then who did make 5 centuries.

Cahill only beat the shadow of Ronnie O'Sullivan. All that hype around him aint gonna change the reality. He played against two players who did strongly underperform against him. And yet he couldnt beat Maguire.

Oh come on TR - you are always a very rational poster. He seems a nice lad isn't he?

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I think comparing Cahill to David Gray is actually doing Gray a massive disservice here. Let's not forget Gray is a ranking event winner, UK finalist and has many match wins at the Crucible under his belt.

Postby mantorok

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I think comparing Cahill to David Gray is actually doing Gray a massive disservice here. Let's not forget Gray is a ranking event winner, UK finalist and has many match wins at the Crucible under his belt.

He also used to be a good singer.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

The hype is nothing new

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/snooker/30314035

Postby eraserhead

TheRocket wrote:Cahill only beat the shadow of Ronnie O'Sullivan. All that hype around him aint gonna change the reality. He played against two players who did strongly underperform against him. And yet he couldnt beat Maguire.

Ronnie and Mags were very beatable. Shouldn't believe his own hype he's only beaten players when they're out of form,