Topic locked

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Regarding Cahill how he played is not important his cue ball was lose the second session in the maguire match was particularly bad. but he loved it out there and Ronnie did not intimidate him or the menace of Maguire. i can think of top 32 even top 16 players that gets intimidated by Ronnie most of the time Ronnie doesn't need to play that well to win

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:Regarding Cahill how he played is not important his cue ball was lose the second session in the maguire match was particularly bad. but he loved it out there and Ronnie did not intimidate him or the menace of Maguire. i can think of top 32 even top 16 players that gets intimidated by Ronnie most of the time Ronnie doesn't need to play that well to win

Yeah like Tom Ford, MOD and Zhou Yuelong who should have been disciplined for their lack of moral fibre in the UK (I think it was the UK).

Postby mantorok

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:Regarding Cahill how he played is not important his cue ball was lose the second session in the maguire match was particularly bad. but he loved it out there and Ronnie did not intimidate him or the menace of Maguire. i can think of top 32 even top 16 players that gets intimidated by Ronnie most of the time Ronnie doesn't need to play that well to win

Yeah like Tom Ford, MOD and Zhou Yuelong who should have been disciplined for their lack of moral fibre in the UK (I think it was the UK).

What's the Ministry Of Defence got to do with it?

Postby Cloud Strife

That was not my issue. It was his behaviour afterwards with the media. He dismissed an awful lot of honest and hard-working journalists out there just because the Sun happened to print an article about him that was not to his liking.

He came across as arrogant and entitled. I don't know why we are not allowed to say this? Must we always have to blow smoke up the bloke's backside?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

mantorok wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Ministry of Defence is actually his nickname because he is so negative - Martin O'Donnell

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:

That was not my issue. It was his behaviour afterwards with the media. He dismissed an awful lot of honest and hard-working journalists out there just because the Sun happened to print an article about him that was not to his liking.

He came across as arrogant and entitled. I don't know why we are not allowed to say this? Must we always have to blow smoke up the bloke's backside?

Yes - he should follow Ronnie's example when dealing with the media.

Well said Cloud.

Postby Souvent

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Ministry of Defence is actually his nickname because he is so negative - Martin O'Donnell

I think it's Minister of Defence.
He doesn't exactly have the power and responsibility of an entire Ministry, he's just a temporary manager.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Well said Cloud.

Yea ive never understand this Ronnie fans have problem with players that does a lot of stuff Ronnie has now and when he was younger.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Well said Cloud.

I have always criticized Ronnie too when he's acted a hammer with the press.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 27 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:You have to say, the players in the bottom half of the draw have all looked like a nervous wreck so far. No one really looked or felt comfortable under pressure out there and no one played to a good standard either.

Nobody's set the tournament alight yet, maybe you could say Robertson has, but he's not played anybody so far that could challenge him.

The standard in general up to this point has been quite poor, as you said.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:You have to say, the players in the bottom half of the draw have all looked like a nervous wreck so far. No one really looked or felt comfortable under pressure out there and no one played to a good standard either.

Nobody's set the tournament alight yet, maybe you could say Robertson has, but he's not played anybody so far that could challenge him.

But Great matches standards are over hyped if anything is.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:

I could understand why it would make him wary, especially as someone with little experience of the media.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

But Great matches standards are over hyped if anything is.

It’s been a great tournament so far