Topic locked

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby Erza Scarlet

That was a really poor session and I was so excited to see it. The bottom half has been poor overall and a letdown considering the hype when the draw came out, the quality of actual Snooker has been horrendous.

Unless someone starts to take control over the bottom half, this tournament has Neil Robertson win all over it, he's the only player who's actually playing good Snooker consistently.

Postby Souvent

Erza Scarlet wrote:That was a really poor session and I was so excited to see it. The bottom half has been poor overall and a letdown considering the hype when the draw came out, the quality of actual Snooker has been horrendous.

Unless someone starts to take control over the bottom half, this tournament has Neil Robertson win all over it, he's the only player who's actually playing good Snooker consistently.

Agreed.
Although Robertson might be peaking a bit too early.
I guess we'll have to wait and see how the tournament develops.

Is your avatar a self-portrait?

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Erza Scarlet wrote:That was a really poor session and I was so excited to see it. The bottom half has been poor overall and a letdown considering the hype when the draw came out, the quality of actual Snooker has been horrendous.

It was the session I was looking forward to most but it looked poor enough. Carter coming through that half is a real possibility.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Souvent wrote:Agreed.

I have seen all of his sessions and he looks the most in control and confident player on the table and the breaks are coming to him super easy, which is what he excels at. Okay his peak may not be on the level of Ronnie's, Higgins's etc but it's enough to win I think. Also yes.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:Ding was really poor tonight from what I saw

He was but hes only 5-3 down a right result for Ding Judd must be flying around the Crucible with his Brothers foot kicking him hard.

Postby Wildey

Souvent wrote:

Agreed.

Thats a myth.

Other players standards improve to put up a battle no such thing as peaking to early.

you want to win early matches easy and use as little nervous energy as possible so you got more in the tank for the later rounds

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Ding was really poor tonight from what I saw

He was but hes only 5-3 down a right result for Ding Judd must be flying around the Crucible with his Brothers foot kicking him hard.

Yeah Judd totally squandered that opportunity. Some really stupid misses.

Postby mantorok

Erza Scarlet wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:It was the session I was looking forward to most but it looked poor enough. Carter coming through that half is a real possibility.

I think Gary Wilson fancies the job up until the semis at least, even if Carter gets through...hmmm

This championship could throw anything up. I've given up predicting and just happy to see how it all pans out.

It's been fascinating so far.

Postby Souvent

Wildey wrote:
Souvent wrote:

Agreed.

Thats a myth.

Other players standards improve to put up a battle no such thing as peaking to early.

you want to win early matches easy and use as little nervous energy as possible so you got more in the tank for the later rounds

Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced by that theory either.
But I'm not entirely convinced of any theory, I think it just depends on what happens on the day.
Even the "not having enough in the tank for the later rounds" is a theory that doesn't always come to bear.

Postby Souvent

mantorok wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:It was the session I was looking forward to most but it looked poor enough. Carter coming through that half is a real possibility.

I think Gary Wilson fancies the job up until the semis at least, even if Carter gets through...hmmm

This championship could throw anything up. I've given up predicting and just happy to see how it all pans out.

It's been fascinating so far.

Agreed.

Postby vodkadiet1

Most O'Sullivan fans are so pathetic and cry babies when he loses. There are a few who are measured and pure snooker fans.

Cahill is now getting a hammering because he doesn't like losing to a 'past his best ball basher;.

Cahill has far more chance of becoming World Champion than Maguire.

Postby vodkadiet1

Erza Scarlet wrote:

I don't like Carter but he will beat the rubbish in his way before the semis.

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I agree Vodka that there has been some awful abuse of Cahill by someblinkered posters just because he beat ROS.

But to call Ronnie a 'past his best ball basher' might be a bit provocative.

:D

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I agree Vodka that there has been some awful abuse of Cahill by someblinkered posters just because he beat ROS.

Let's get real here folks, if ROS wouldn't have acted like and idiot and if had he played proper snooker, Cahill wouldn't have stood a prayer of a chance.
Anyway, that's the past now. From what I have seen, this is Robbo's WC to loose.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Let's get real here folks, if ROS wouldn't have acted like and idiot and if had he played proper snooker, Cahill wouldn't have stood a prayer of a chance.
Anyway, that's the past now. From what I have seen, this is Robbo's WC to loose.

I can't disagree with that JB :hatoff:

I just don't understand why people actually dislike Cahill other than for beating ROS.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I just don't understand why people actually dislike Cahill other than for beating ROS.

He's a young talented kid, why would people dislike him ?! :? :|
I have no problem with the kid, in fact I quite like his style. It would have hurt me a lot more if ROS would have lost to someone like Carter. As it is, ROS deserved to loose for not playing proper snooker.

One more thing about Cahill: the kid did it on his own. I read an article recently and he said that Hendry didn't help him with his game one bit, that he couldn't be fussed to give him some tips or advice. Poor attitude from Hendry. <doh>
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 27 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:

I think Trump versus Robertson could be a wonderful final if they both bring their A game. I hope Judd can improve as the event goes on because he's looked slightly off-colour so far.

Postby vodkadiet1

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

He's a young talented kid, why would people dislike him ?! :? :|
I have no problem with the kid, in fact I quite like his style. It would have hurt me a lot more if ROS would have lost to someone like Carter. As it is, ROS deserved to loose for not playing proper snooker.

One more thing about Cahill: the kid did it on his own. I read an article recently and he said that Hendry didn't help him with his game one bit, that he couldn't be fussed to give him some tips or advice. Poor attitude from Hendry. <doh>

Yes, Hendry was a fool. He usually is.

Postby Pink Ball

Johnny Bravo wrote:

And lose it he will. I called it in 2012 when everyone was raving about Robertson, and Sullivan was being dismissed all round (yes, believe it or not, he was) that Robertson would implode at some point. Same will happen here.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:Neil 'Pythagoras' Robertson is bound to turn up at some point, and that will be his downfall.

He’s fine against fellas who don’t make him think. It’s when old brains of Melbourne is made think that he’s a danger to himself.