Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Mon April 29th) Last 16 !!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

With all 4 matches very nicely poised, it's going to be an exciting Monday to see which players will join Neil Robertson, Stephen Maguire, David Gilbert and Gary Wilson in the Quarter-Finals.

Both Kyren Wilson and Ding Junhui managed to recover from poor starts and are right back in the match, in Ding's case he even leads 9-7. China's Zhou Yuelong kept his 2 frame cushion against Ali Carter, whilst John Higgins and Stuart Bingham are locked at 8 frames each, nothing to separate the two.

Promisses to be another cracking day of Snooker action in what has been a brilliant tournament so far.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Monday 29th of April

1pm

Barry Hawkins 9-7 Kyren Wilson Hawkins leads 11-7
Allister Carter 7-9 Zhou Yuelong Carter leads 2-1

7pm

John Higgins 8-8 Stuart Bingham Higgins leads 12-7
Judd Trump 7-9 Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 8-7

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 29th) Last 16 !!

Postby PLtheRef

Alex0paul wrote:Odd schedule

I'm surprised its the same four playing together at the same time in those slots. I thought they'd have one of tonights matches on a 1pm finish tomorrow, but surprised its both.

Postby carayip

You get the feeling that this session is huge for Trump’s and Ding’s career perspectives. The winner of that match has a clear path to the final and a real crack at the title. The loser of it might never see this good of an opportunity to win the big one

Postby Wildey

Scooper wrote:And then Stephen maguire thrashes them

Exactly nobody has a clear path this year its going to come down to who puts in the performance on the day.

Yea its pretty obvious whos the Favarite Neil Robertson but Favarites lose just ask Ronnie, Selby and Williams

Postby Andre147

An inspired Maguire is more than capable of beating either Ding or Trump.

Robertson is the clear favourite for the title now, but as we've seen being favourite on paper means little if you cant produce it at the table.

Postby Wildey

Middle Monday last year we had a total of 11 frames played between 3 matches with Higgins beating Lisowski on Sunday.

Tomorrow there will be a minimum of 17 frames played.

Postby carayip

Barry Hawkins has made the one table setup at Crucible 5 times out of the last 6 years. If he does it again this year, it’s 6 out of 7. Considering in the same period of time, ROS hasn’t made the one table since 2014, MJW hasn’t even qualified in 2 of those years, even Mark Selby has lost in R1 and R2 twice. It’s amazing really

Postby SnookerFan

carayip wrote:Barry Hawkins has made the one table setup at Crucible 5 times out of the last 6 years. If he does it again this year, it’s 6 out of 7. Considering in the same period of time, ROS hasn’t made the one table since 2014, MJW hasn’t even qualified in 2 of those years, even Mark Selby has lost in R1 and R2 twice. It’s amazing really

:goodpost:

Postby Dan-cat

carayip wrote:Barry Hawkins has made the one table setup at Crucible 5 times out of the last 6 years. If he does it again this year, it’s 6 out of 7. Considering in the same period of time, ROS hasn’t made the one table since 2014, MJW hasn’t even qualified in 2 of those years, even Mark Selby has lost in R1 and R2 twice. It’s amazing really

Shane he can’t win it really isn’t it? It’s all for nothing.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

Who is Shane?

Postby carayip

Dan-cat wrote:

It’s like he got nominated for an Oscar every year but failed to win.

I wonder if he would trade all those SF appearances for 1 win and loss in R1 all other years

Postby SnookerFan

carayip wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I wonder if he would trade all those SF appearances for 1 win and loss in R1 all other years

Probably.

Why wouldn't you?

Unless, for whatever reason, you needed the money.

Postby Dan-cat

carayip wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I have no doubt he would.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
carayip wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

He'd be a fool not to when you look at all the other one-time winners and how it changed their profile and changed their life.

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
carayip wrote:

He'd be a fool not to when you look at all the other one-time winners and how it changed their profile and changed their life.

Exactly. And a guaranteed job in the comm box at the BBC if he so desires when his game flags.. Instead of choosing the best broadcasters and interesting personalities, like Eurosport do, in recent times the Beeb's qualification criteria seems to simply be 'have they won the world champs.'

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
carayip wrote:

Exactly. And a guaranteed job in the comm box at the BBC if he so desires when his game flags.. Instead of choosing the best broadcasters and interesting personalities, like Eurosport do, in recent times the Beeb's qualification criteria seems to simply be 'have they won the world champs.'

Pretty much.

That or they co-hosted Big Break.