Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tue April 30th) Q Finals !!

Postby Sickpotter

Gary Wilson came for a visit to Canada recently and I had the opportunity to play him a best of 3.

Lost one frame on the colors and the second he ran a 130ish. Lovely guy, great game.

I think he made no less than 3 perfect games in the two weeks he was here (along with many tons) and lost none of his challenge matches.

Great talent, hoping he makes the finals :-)

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Sickpotter wrote:Gary Wilson came for a visit to Canada recently and I had the opportunity to play him a best of 3.

Lost one frame on the colors and the second he ran a 130ish. Lovely guy, great game.

I think he made no less than 3 perfect games in the two weeks he was here (along with many tons) and lost none of his challenge matches.

Great talent, hoping he makes the finals :-)

Great tale - he seems like a really nice bloke.

Postby Sickpotter

My local snooker club (Corner Bank Billiards in Toronto) is doing a lot to try and rekindle snooker in Canada.

We had a snooker seniors event with the winner getting a trip to play in the WC qualifiers (sadly it wasn't me) ;-)

Jim Wych is one of the club owners and he's helped arrange a visit in August from Hendry and White......really looking forward to seeing/meeting them in person and maybe playing a few frames with them :mosh2:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Sickpotter wrote:My local snooker club (Corner Bank Billiards in Toronto) is doing a lot to try and rekindle snooker in Canada.

We had a snooker seniors event with the winner getting a trip to play in the WC qualifiers (sadly it wasn't me) ;-)

Jim Wych is one of the club owners and he's helped arrange a visit in August from Hendry and White......really looking forward to seeing/meeting them in person and maybe playing a few frames with them :mosh2:

Wow! <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Hey Sickpotter - great to hear some people keeping the flame alive in Canada. I used to love the Canadian players on tour back in the 80's. Such a shame it seemed to decline over there.

Bill was my favourite player. I guess you might have met/played some of them (don't want to assume your age)

Postby Dan-cat

Sickpotter wrote:My local snooker club (Corner Bank Billiards in Toronto) is doing a lot to try and rekindle snooker in Canada.

Brilliant! Love your Gary Wilson story too.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Hendry: “Who’s so say he couldn’t be the next Joe Johnson and go all the way?”

Seema: “Absolutely! [who the buck is Joe Johnson?]

Was she even born in 1986?

Yes. She's one year older than me.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Hendry: “Who’s so say he couldn’t be the next Joe Johnson and go all the way?”

Seema: “Absolutely! [who the buck is Joe Johnson?]

Was she even born in 1986?

Yes. She's one year older than me.

Yes, found it on Wikipedia.

You're still a baby, Happy Camper.

Just gone 18 months to my 40th. :sad: