Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tue April 30th) Q Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Got to take your hat off to Higgins. To comeback yet again and make the quarters is phenomenal. The hunger and desire to win this tournament is commendable

He will have to up his game considerable to get further Bingham handed him frames on a platter today Robertson wont be doing that.

Postby vodkadiet1

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:I am no fan of Carter but I cannot support that boring Geordie cabbie.

You have a thing against Geordies, I've noticed.

No way! I love them! Salt of the Earth!

Postby freakmoomin

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Got to take your hat off to Higgins. To comeback yet again and make the quarters is phenomenal. The hunger and desire to win this tournament is commendable

He will have to up his game considerable to get further Bingham handed him frames on a platter today Robertson wont be doing that.

I think it was a great win. Played within himself and didnt really need to up his game...... can he up his game if asked..... not sure.....lets see.

Postby Wildey

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Bingham despite winning it has such a crap record at the Crucible

Only seven matches won outside 2015.

Yea Ding is not considered a Great Crucible player but Ding has infact won 8 more Matches than Bingham in the same amount of appearances

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Bingham despite winning it has such a crap record at the Crucible

Only seven matches won outside 2015.

Yea Ding is not considered a Great Crucible player but Ding has infact won 8 more Matches than Bingham in the same amount of appearances

I'm sure Ding would trade all those wins for a title like Bingham has.

Bingham in theory might not even win another match at The Crucible, but his 2015 title nobody can take away from him. And Ding might never win it.

Postby Andre147

Having watched that Kyren v Hawkins match again must say from 11-10 down Kyren played near perfect snooker... Hawkins missing a plant, Kyren dishes for an amazing clearance and then 2 back to back tons to finish it off. Impressive indeed.

He has such tenacity, always reminds me of Graeme Dott. Some people here seem to dislike him because his technique is a bit robotic, but on the contrary, for me the tenacity and will to win he shows are just a mark of a great player and I wish nothing but all the best for him. Hopefully World Champ one day.

Postby Dan-cat

My faves for this title currently in this order, subject to change at any moment:

Judd - about time he started to assert his ascendancy. A joy to watch, looks delicate at times and that adds to the charm. His rivalry with Ronnie is so compelling. He's worked harder this year too.

Carter - he's become the man they love to hate and good lord would be happy to win this!! Worth it just for the fist pump spectacle. Also had many tribulations with his health. I love his angry side, a proper character, not afraid to show his emotions. Sheesh - for years people said there was no characters, we get some and then people don't like it! Weird. Not talking about on here as such, more the wider world. Ok, I mean Twitter.

Robbo - a super geek and proud of it. Absolutely love how he owns his geeky pass-times. It doesn't matter what you are into, as long as you are proud and passionate about it! This is such an appealing trait. Started his last presser with the immortal line 'No Avengers End Game spoilers please!' Haha. Also a wizard scorer.

Higgins - yes, I'd love to see him win after his last two near misses. Just a brilliant player. Part of me doesn't want him to equal Ronnie's haul but this is a silly thought.

Gilbo - he's silky smooth around the table and part of Sightright, an organisation I admire a lot. Part of the Sightright method is mindset coaching like I do: Their tagline? Attitude is everything: Stay positive, stay fighting, stay brave, stay ambitious, stay focused, stay strong.

Mags - I love a bit of Mags. Don't think he'll win though. He's about 30 points off Judd and Robbo.

The Wilson brothers. Nothing against either of them, just find them the least compelling of the bunch to watch and listen to.