Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed May 1st) Quarter-Finals

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Here's what we have learned from this year's WC:

1. ROS will never win another WC. EVER. :sad: He crumbles under the pressure and he's not trying his hardest.
2. Ding will never win any WC. He's mentally weak.
3. Robbo will be forever stuck on 1 WC. He's also mentally weak and can't handle the pressure. Despite being way more talented and despite the fact that his A game far surpasses that of Selbo, Selbo's toughness brought him way more success.
4. If Trump doesn't win it this year, he'll also never win it.

1. Couldn't agree less. Never write off Ronnie. How many times have we thought he was finished / in serious decline and then he wins 5 tournaments in a year.

2. No, he can sort it out. He's an amazing talent.

3. If he finished on 1, I will be amazed.

4. What a massive crock of sh*t. He's barely 30.

One thing I've learned this WC, I disagree with Johnny B on a lot of points! :-D

1. I'm not writing off ROS cause he ain't good enough, I'm writing him off cause he ain't willing to suffer for a win at the WC.
2. Ding won't sort out anything, he IS mentally WEAK.
3. If Robbo couldn't win it with this kind draw, how could he if it gets tougher ?!
4. Trump has improved, but if he loses again this year, he'll go down the path of Jimmy White.

Postby mantorok

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

1. ROS will never win another WC. EVER. :sad: He crumbles under the pressure and he's not trying his hardest.
3. Robbo will be forever stuck on 1 WC. He's also mentally weak and can't handle the pressure. Despite being way more talented and despite the fact that his A game far surpasses that of Selbo, Selbo's toughness brought him way more success.

1. Couldn't agree less. Never write off Ronnie. How many times have we thought he was finished / in serious decline and then he wins 5 tournaments in a year.

One thing I've learned this WC, I disagree with Johnny B on a lot of points! :-D

1. I'm not writing off ROS cause he ain't good enough, I'm writing him off cause he ain't willing to suffer for a win at the WC.
3. If Robbo couldn't win it with this kind draw, how could he if it gets tougher ?!
4. Trump has improved, but if he loses again this year, he'll go down the path of Jimmy White.

You can't write off someone because of age when Selby has won 3 world titles in his 30s.

Postby carayip

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Then, who do you think will win it? Surely Selby and Higgins can’t win it every year

Postby Dan-cat

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

1. We'll see.
2. Ding is so mentally weak he won 5 rankers in a year. I think if anything he lacks a work ethic, and that can be sorted, if he wants to.
3. Very strange game with Higgins. I watched it all, the table was playing awfully (both players said so.)
4. We'll see.

Your certainty is astounding.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

1. We'll see.
2. We'll see.
3. We'll see.
4. We'll see.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what transpires over the next few years.

Postby Johnny Bravo

carayip wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Then, who do you think will win it? Surely Selby and Higgins can’t win it every year

I don't think Selbo will ever win one again. I have a feeling Higgins won't either.

As 4 who will win it, I'm going out on a limp here and predict Mark Allen. <cool>

Postby Jester82

Johnny Bravo wrote:
carayip wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I don't think Selbo will ever win one again. I have a feeling Higgins won't either.

You wish...

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

For the first half of the 2020's you have as potential winners.

- Higgins/O'Sullivan/Williams who could win another one or two.
- Selby isn't as likely as a couple of years ago but he'd still fancy winning a fourth.
- Robertson will still have hope of a second
- If Trump wins this year he could have a run like Selby had.
- There will probably be a surprise winner in that time.

They can't all win it and by 2025 there surely will be some new players contending for the title so it'll be hard for Ding although I hope he does it.

Postby Ck147

Noooooooo, Robbo lost, I'm a bit gutted, thought he had this. I'm stuck in the States so only just caught up on this weeks action. Did Robbo have a bad day or Higgins just found some form?

Haven't read all the comments but find myself agreeing with some of what JB said. I may change my mind when back in good old blighty but right now sitting in a roof top bar with great views of the Rockies, may have another drink! No cue wine though its mostly beer and shorts here.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ck147 wrote:Noooooooo, Robbo lost, I'm a bit gutted, thought he had this. I'm stuck in the States so only just caught up on this weeks action. Did Robbo have a bad day or Higgins just found some form?

Haven't read all the comments but find myself agreeing with some of what JB said. I may change my mind when back in good old blighty but right now sitting in a roof top bar with great views of the Rockies, may have another drink! No cue wine though its mostly beer and shorts here.

<ok> Enjoy!

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
mantorok wrote:Come on Neil. buck that safety rubbish.

He'll be back to it in a couple of frames time, old bean.

Comment aimez-vous vos oeufs?

Sur la visage?

So you're telling me that Neil Robertson is going to win this Championship?

Very bold to say he has no chance. Fair play to you

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Thing with Pinkball is he is like that Abu Bakr Al-Bigdaddy bloke from Isis.

He emerges once in a while to proclaim his supremacy and then disappears with his tail between his legs.

Speaking of disappearing, where did you go to that night?

Postby Pink Ball

Pink Ball wrote:I can’t stand Higgins but I am grinning like a Cheshire Cat having listened to everyone twiddle over Selby and Robertson. Poor old Jizz Guzzler GJ is having a nightmare today.

Next, all you bucking clowns will start saying it’s Higgins’ tournament. He isn’t going to win it either.

Postby Pink Ball

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Gilbert wont beat Higgins in the semis as he'll crumble because of the occasion.

Trump is the only player capable but he needs to put that snake hiss poor record against Higgins out of his mind.

And he will. Higgins will have good patches against Trump should they play in the final, especially early doors. But he would tail away. He is simply not playing well enough and Trump has improved massively in the past year.