Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thur May 2nd) Semi-Finals !!

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:I Would not use this new bloody chalk id prefer a kick to a miss cue any day

I’d definitely prefer the miscue.

Firstly, it’s easier to control. As long as you chalk the cue more regularly, you won’t get many/any miscues apparently. You won’t get conditions affecting the frequency of miscues, or have days when they go hand in hand with regular big bounces, so miscues I guess would be less common than kicks as well.

Also, at least if you miscue you know it’s basically your fault. A kick would just feel worse because it’s random when it happens.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:I Would not use this new bloody chalk id prefer a kick to a miss cue any day

Firstly, it’s easier to control. As long as you chalk the cue more regularly, you won’t get many/any miscues apparently. You won’t get conditions affecting the frequency of miscues, or have days when they go hand in hand with regular big bounces, so miscues I guess would be less common than kicks as well.

Also, at least if you miscue you know it’s basically your fault. A kick would just feel worse because it’s random when it happens.

Nothing you can do about a kick a misscue is more your fault and more debilitating and could damage your tip plus ive not really seen any evident that the new chalk stops kicks.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Nothing you can do about a kick a misscue is more your fault and more debilitating and could damage your tip

Fair point about the tip, although the weird Taom miscues never seem to damage the tip from what I can remember.

I’d actually argue that bad luck is more debilitating than doing something wrong, because it’s out of your control.