Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Friday May 3rd) Semi-Finals

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
I know all about it Johny. Crime is one of my big interests. All over the world. Especially in Latin America (mainly Mexico and Brazil), US, and the UK and my own country here in Ireland.

Dublin is full of Brazilians. Thousands of them and not just sayin it but they are great people. I have a yellow Brazilian sports jacket that i bought for the last World Cup to wear into Dublin and party during the last World Cup. The woman are beautiful and they know how to party. I regularly have Brazilians in my taxi. Id say along with Nigerians and Polish Brazilians have the most people here in Dublin.


Chalk, is it as rainy is Dublin as it is in England ?


Pretty much yea. The west of Ireland gets a bit more rain i think. Dublin not so much but all in all tbere's not much difference with England.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Friday May 3rd) Semi-Finals

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Lovely to have you back on for the last sessions Chalk.

HendryFan - you sound like you are no pussycat on the baize. Great to hear you are going to get down the club and show that us old'uns can still mix it up. What you say about enjoying it is so important. So many people in the club get frustrated and I wonder why they bother.

Today in my club two chaps (must be in their seventies) were playing and getting real frustrated. Bearing in mind they must have gone because it was something they wanted to do. Anyway, one of them flukes a snooker and the other calls him a f***king c**t. The first one went and complained to Kat (the girl behind the bar - probably 23 years old). She came in and solved it all but really - if you can't enjoy it why bother.

I got beat today in a best of 11 on the last blue and it cost me a score but I enjoyed every minute.

I feel sorry for the people that never discovered our beautiful game.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Friday May 3rd) Semi-Finals

Postby Chalk McHugh

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Crime is one of my big interests.


:chin:

Sounds a bit strange that <laugh>


Does it? Why? I've always been interested in it. Nothing strange about it imo.

No I understand that, it just sounds like you're saying you're a gangster or something.


Good night now Holden. Be careful or you might end up swimming with the fishes. Sweet dreams pal.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Friday May 3rd) Semi-Finals

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Lovely to have you back on for the last sessions Chalk.

HendryFan - you sound like you are no pussycat on the baize. Great to hear you are going to get down the club and show that us old'uns can still mix it up. What you say about enjoying it is so important. So many people in the club get frustrated and I wonder why they bother.

Today in my club two chaps (must be in their seventies) were playing and getting real frustrated. Bearing in mind they must have gone because it was something they wanted to do. Anyway, one of them flukes a snooker and the other calls him a f***king c**t. The first one went and complained to Kat (the girl behind the bar - probably 23 years old). She came in and solved it all but really - if you can't enjoy it why bother.

I got beat today in a best of 11 on the last blue and it cost me a score but I enjoyed every minute.

I feel sorry for the people that never discovered our beautiful game.

Maybe the old dudes had back problems. :chuckle:
Anyway, I'm very happy when I ram the balls in hard. I don't like to roll them the way Willo does, my style is similar to Trump, I like to hit them harder. Plus I am more confident of making the shot that way.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Friday May 3rd) Semi-Finals

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Lovely to have you back on for the last sessions Chalk.

HendryFan - you sound like you are no pussycat on the baize. Great to hear you are going to get down the club and show that us old'uns can still mix it up. What you say about enjoying it is so important. So many people in the club get frustrated and I wonder why they bother.

Today in my club two chaps (must be in their seventies) were playing and getting real frustrated. Bearing in mind they must have gone because it was something they wanted to do. Anyway, one of them flukes a snooker and the other calls him a f***king c**t. The first one went and complained to Kat (the girl behind the bar - probably 23 years old). She came in and solved it all but really - if you can't enjoy it why bother.

I got beat today in a best of 11 on the last blue and it cost me a score but I enjoyed every minute.

I feel sorry for the people that never discovered our beautiful game.




Many mannnny years ago,in the 90,s to be more exact,i fully admit,i hated losing,probably got influenced from Hendry. <laugh>

I had a spell where i played 4,5 times a week over about a 2 year period and it was very rare i lost.

I then discovered discos,partys,bars and got caught up in that,i in fact although i kept watching snooker regularly,i totally stopped playing for a good few years,i fell outta love with the game.

The main reason i started playin again was cause the partying started to get boring and i needed to find something new to fill time,kill time so to speak.

Because i did,nt find anything new that got a grip on me,i decided to give the snooker a go again,since then,as i wrote i, d go for a few weeks then vanish for a few weeks,i,ve been totall on n off for a long time now.

These days,of course,just like in the old days,i wanna win,tbh,deep down who does,nt,but if i lose,then it,s not a BIG deal anymore.

What sometimes bugs me now is,that there are a good few players in my club who are very bad losers and it annoys me tbh,maybe i,m too old now,but i just can,t put up with there rubbish.

There are a good few players i really don,t like playin against,jeez!,you should see how some o them react if you pot a cracker,or get a lucky snooker,make a biggish break,they start to mumble,shake there heads,even bang there cues n do other silly antics n throw their toys outta their prams,i just canny be doin with it anymore.

But i,m sure every club has them. <laugh>

Re: Betfred World Championship (Friday May 3rd) Semi-Finals

Postby vodkadiet1

Chalk McHugh wrote:Went to the doctor today, wasn't feeling well. Told him i thought i was a snooker ball. 'Stop messing' he said, 'and get back to the end of the queue'.



Once it happened... A customer walking into Shankaran Pillai's pharmacy saw a man outside hugging a lamppost, his eyeballs rolling wildly.
When he walked in, he asked, "Who's that man? What's wrong with him?" Shankaran Pillai replied, unperturbed, "Oh, that guy. He's one of my customers."
"But what's the matter with him?"
"He wanted something for a whopping cough. I gave him the appropriate medicine."
"What did you gave him?"
"A box of laxatives. I made him take it right here."
"Laxatives for a whooping cough! Why on earth would you give him that?"
"Oh come on, you saw him. You think he dares to cough anymore?"