Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Friday May 3rd) Semi-Finals !!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

So the Semi-Finals are well underway, and both debutants at this stage giving very good account of themselves, with David Gilbert leading 4 time World Champion John Higgins 5-3 and Gary Wilson locked at 4 frames each with Masters champion Judd Trump.

Will a player manage to pull away on this day, or will it remain tight? Watch to see how it all unfolds in the 2nd day of the Semi-Finals.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Friday 3rd of May

10am

David Gilbert 5-3 John Higgins Higgins leads 5-2

2:30pm

Gary Wilson 4-4 Judd Trump Wilson leads 1-0

7pm

David Gilbert 5-3 John Higgins Higgins leads 5-2

Re: Betfred World Championship (Friday May 3rd) Semi-Finals

Postby Ck147

Come on Judd, hope to see you in the final when i get back from across the pond, shame it wont be robbo on the other side. Sorry, only just found out and still trying to get over it :(

Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:I found yesterday possibly the most boring day. Doesn’t really contribute much at all in terms of signs of who will win etc, so yeah if they want to skip the first 8 frames I doubt I’d miss them.

There was some quality snooker yesterday.

Postby hendry_fan

I did,nt see any of the Trump/Gaz match yesterday,as i was snookered out tbh.

I,ll watch it sometime when the worlds is finished,i,ll keep it for a rainy day.

In Scotland there are a quite a few rainy days,so i,ll have no problem catchin up. <laugh>

I,m hopin that Daves gonna start to play like a potato and that John stops playing like a BIG,yucky,soggy haggis.

COMMMME ONNNN JOHN!.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Last 32: Bo 19 (2 sessions)
Last 16: Bo 21 (2 sessions)
Quarterfinals: Bo 25 (3 sessions)
Semifinals: Bo 27 (3 sessions)
Final: Bo 39 (4 sessions)

Seems reasonable, but the final is long enough imo

Yeah Best of 35 is more than enough, been like that since 1980.

Postby Wildey

Scooper wrote:I found yesterday possibly the most boring day. Doesn’t really contribute much at all in terms of signs of who will win etc, so yeah if they want to skip the first 8 frames I doubt I’d miss them.

Why?

Yea its a slow day but thats good it gives the players a relaxing day and to get used to the surroundings of a one table set up.

if it was shorter they would have to hit the ground running i love first day of the semis it contributes a lot now Gilbert got a 2 frame lead.

Postby hendry_fan

TheRocket wrote:Last 32: Bo 19 (2 sessions)
Last 16: Bo 21 (2 sessions)
Quarterfinals: Bo 25 (3 sessions)
Semifinals: Bo 27 (3 sessions)
Final: Bo 39 (4 sessions)

I don,t mind changes,but i personaly think THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP should,nt be messed about with,it should stay how it is.

The UK Championship should,ve stayed how it was,it should never have been messed about with!. :no:

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:These intros suck

I liked them at The Masters, seems a tournament well suited to those kind of intros.

Here? Apart from the final session of the Final, I agree they shouldn't do it.

Postby hendry_fan

Dave breaks off,hits the blue,leaves John an easy opener,John pots it,but bottles pos on the black. :dizzy:

Dave gets his 1st bite at the cherry in this session and is on 32 n counting,....

Postby The Herminator

I don't think a reduction in frames in the semis would lessen the drama, quality or status of the tournament and there is an argument that it might improve the quality overall. The WSC would still be the ultimate test, it's not like suggesting shot clocks or something.