Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Sat May 4th) Semi-Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Semi Finals is drawing to a conclusion and both matches are evenly poised.

John Higgins will be poised to pounce in the afternoon but can David Gilbert keep him at arms length and reach his 4th ranking final and his first World Final.

And can the Qualifier Gary Wilson finish off a great tournament and reach the final well Judd Trump has other ideas.

Who will be the finalists?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Saturday 4th of May

10am

Gary Wilson 7-9 Judd Trump Wilson leads 1-0

2.30pm

**David Gilbert 13-11 John Higgins Higgins leads 5-2

7pm

**Gary Wilson 7-9 Judd Trump Wilson leads 1-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat May 4th) Semi-Finals !!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Come on Gilbert. :mosh:

If he goes on and wins it'd be a shock to me. Hardly seen a bigger choker than him.

Those last few frames of the third session were a preview of what is about to come in the last session.

Have a feeling that will be the case.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

If he goes on and wins it'd be a shock to me. Hardly seen a bigger choker than him.

Those last few frames of the third session were a preview of what is about to come in the last session.

The 4 frame cushion was a must for him to have some breathing space and take the liberty of choking to a certain degree. Now he hasn't. And that will cost him in the end.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

The 4 frame cushion was a must for him to have some breathing space and take the liberty of choking to a certain degree. Now he hasn't. And that will cost him in the end.

Let's hope we are all wrong and he somehow stumbles over the winning line.

Postby hendry_fan

TheRocket wrote:

JEEEZ!,TheRocket,You,ve been hanging out too much with our bloved MDG. ;-)

In all seriousness though,Dave did blow numerous chances as Did John.

Green certainly aint Dave,s fav colour. :-D

I canny wait to see what John serves up today,boy did he do well to comeback n only be 2 frames bhind.

If John were to pull it off n win,well,i,ll be lost lost for words and that don,t happen much.

In fact the last time i was lost for words was when i met Hendry at an exhibition.

I went over to him and i suddenly did,nt buckin know what to say. :emb: <laugh>

Back to this semi-final topic though,i really don,t know if John can comeback n beat Dave,the way he,s played so far has left me in doubt,but you just never really know with the Wizard of Wishaw.

I,m going to bed now,all i,m gonna say for the mom is,.......

,.............BRING IT ON N COMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNN JOHN!. :-D

Postby Vallomas

Let's be honest, Higgins reduced the deficit without playing great snooker (the 143 break was the exception, of course). He slightly raised his game, compared to the beginning of the second frame, but Gilbert showed signs of collapse without being pushed by his opponent.

I am also sure that Trump will build up on his 9-7 advantage and win quite comfortably.
Last edited by Vallomas on 04 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

This reminds me of something in the club. The table next door's lights flashed when the player was on a black, to tell them their time was up. I turned to him and said 'Imagine if you were on the black for a 147 and they did that'

He replied... 'No.' and looked me square in the eye 'I can't imagine being on the black for a 147.'

Haha.

Postby vodkadiet1

Dan-cat wrote:This reminds me of something in the club. The table next door's lights flashed when the player was on a black, to tell them their time was up. I turned to him and said 'Imagine if you were on the black for a 147 and they did that'

He replied... 'No.' and looked me square in the eye 'I can't imagine being on the black for a 147.'

Haha.

Cute....

Postby Wildey

13-11 or 14-10 maybe even 15-9 Higgins would have a chance to pull it back.

Yea everyone would love a big lead but when a inexperianced player is so far in front they get in to defence mode and before you know it they lost 3 out of 4 frames even all 4.

At 13-11 Dave has still got a match to win so he cant think defence he has to be possitive and if he will be possitive hes got every chance

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:13-11 or 14-10 maybe even 15-9 Higgins would have a chance to pull it back.

Yea everyone would love a big lead but when a inexperianced player is so far in front they get in to defence mode and before you know it they lost 3 out of 4 frames even all 4.

At 13-11 Dave has still got a match to win so he cant think defence he has to be possitive and if he will be possitive hes got every chance

He has, but with a 14-10 or even 15-9 lead he could choke a bit and still get over the winning line because he was a few in front.

With only 2 frames ahead, if he starts choking before he knows it Higgins has won the match.

Postby mick745

Thete is a general feeling that Gilbert msy have missed the boat but if he gets off to a strong start in the last session then who knows?

Judd's big chance today. Dont end up another Jimmy. Playing a player outside of top 16 for a place on the final has to be an opportunity not missed.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:It is a shame one or two - shall we say - bitter fans spend too long trolling Judd rather than enjoying the snooker that has been on display and will be forthcoming.

Their prerogative but seems a bit sad really.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:It is a shame one or two - shall we say - bitter fans spend too long trolling Judd rather than enjoying the snooker that has been on display and will be forthcoming.

Their prerogative but seems a bit sad really.

Ha ha - fair play to you <ok>

I don't think you have been one of the ones going on about Judd endlessly to be fair.