Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final John Higgins v Judd Tru

Postby Dan-cat

Flanker_27 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Sports journalists get paid buck all. Average rate is £13.75 an hour.

Well then, they're not well paid to do so, but sports channels shareholders and managers are extremely well paid when journalists overhype something, and since they're the ones taking the decisions and hiring the journalists...

Well yes it's in the interests of all concerned for the sport to be successful and hype about a new champion will create buzz.

Postby TheRocket

Leo did a solid job in this final it has to be said. But he also had the luck he didnt have to put the white back too many times. In fact I dont think there was even a single miss called in the match.

Far majority of the frames were won in one visit. So the high level of play from start to finish has made Leo look like a really good ref.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I'm eating a Snickers, the better version of a Mars Bar.

Snickers has peanuts. Peanuts and chocolate are a horrible mix.
Mars is king of the chocolate bars :mosh:

Peanuts are disgusting anyway, particularly when mixed with chocolate.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I'm eating a Snickers, the better version of a Mars Bar.

Snickers has peanuts. Peanuts and chocolate are a horrible mix.
Mars is king of the chocolate bars :mosh:

Peanuts are disgusting anyway, particularly when mixed with chocolate.

You're just saying that so we can finally disagree on something again, aren't you?

Postby Pink Ball

Erza Scarlet wrote:@PinkBall

You were spot on about Robertson and Judd. I underestimated Judd but in fairness Robertson was playing very well for the first 2 matches so it's not bad to think I thought he'd make the finals, given his performance and overall form throughout the season. Plus he didn't have Judd or Ronnie who've had his number this season in his half and Higgins looking very beatable so he had a great path. I hope you can see the reasons why.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:Thanks. And all credit for your predictions. Not just this final but you were also right about Robertson. We all thought he was a strong favourite but you said right from the start he would perform as rubbish as he did against Higgins. And you were spot on. As you were in terms of the final.

I'm pleased that Trump performed to this level in the final. Never thought he could play as well as this.