Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final John Higgins v Judd Tru

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Rocket - if you want to have a pop at me go for it - I have had far worse and am a grown up so go for it. I have no problem with you and wish to say nothing derogatory but I won't hold it against you if you want to have a go. Get it off your chest man.

For what it is worth, D4P posted about Judd facing unseeded players etc which is fair enough with me. I replied with what I thought was gentle humour - will you pick him up for being obsessed with Judd?

So either say what you've got to say or drop it. This is a forum and people will say things you don't like.

I would prefer that you drop it and that we can just get on with enjoying the final.

Balls in your court sir.

Postby Erza Scarlet

D4P wrote:If Higgins were to win, next year's media narrative would undoubtedly focus on how 2 of the 3 members of the Class of 92 had won the past 2 WCs and how fitting it would be if the 3rd member of the group were to win in 2020.

Said 3rd member would probably get tired of being asked about it, would feel even more pressure to win than normal, and would become even more compelled to sabotage his own chances...

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Holden Chinaski

TWITTER ATTACK!

MARK WILLIAMS M.B.E @markwil147

John Higgins for me is the second best player of all time in front of Hendry . Can win playing is D game, best player under pressure dishing up . Bottle is unreal, still doing it at 43. #nootherplayercouldhavewonthatmatch

Postby Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

MARK WILLIAMS M.B.E @markwil147

John Higgins for me is the second best player of all time in front of Hendry . Can win playing is D game, best player under pressure dishing up . Bottle is unreal, still doing it at 43. #nootherplayercouldhavewonthatmatch

So MJW is saying:

1 Ronnie
2 J. Higgins
3 Hendry

And the man has played them all, and is actually very close friends with Hendry..

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:@ BSP

I didnt want to make a big deal out of it. I just said what I thought about your comment. And thats all. And you responded which is fine.

As you say. Its better we just get on with the Snooker and enjoy the final.

Cheers Rocket - let the best two days of the year bring the best snooker of the year :hatoff:

Postby TheRocket

Alex0paul wrote:Just caught up with the match earlier. I’m absolutely gutted for David. He hasn’t bottled that at all, one terrible shot in the whole session cost him in the end.

He certainly has played better in the fourth session than you'd have expected. In the end its the third session which has really cost him dear.

Postby Alex0paul

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Just caught up with the match earlier. I’m absolutely gutted for David. He hasn’t bottled that at all, one terrible shot in the whole session cost him in the end.

He bottled it in the 3rd session. And even Higgins admitted that.

How can he bottle it in the 3rd session?! Absolutely rubbish

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:
D4P wrote:If Higgins were to win, next year's media narrative would undoubtedly focus on how 2 of the 3 members of the Class of 92 had won the past 2 WCs and how fitting it would be if the 3rd member of the group were to win in 2020.

Said 3rd member would probably get tired of being asked about it, would feel even more pressure to win than normal, and would become even more compelled to sabotage his own chances...

rofl rofl rofl

Best Higgins not win then.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Alex0paul wrote:

When you threw away three frames. And miss easy greens.

Postby Alex0paul

Alex0paul wrote:

When you threw away three frames. And miss easy greens.

And wasn’t anywhere near the winning line. So Higgins bottled the match missing easy balls in the 2nd session?

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:

Gilbert did miss a few ridiculous balls in the third session. Peobably because he knew he needed a big lead.

Whether you can say he bottled the match, well I don’t think so. But for a kick he could have won that decider. But he twitched a lot yesterday and made his job today a lot harder.

Postby KatherineParsons

So I actually have to support Trump for the first time in many a year for the final. A win for Mr John 'Should-Have-Been-Banned-For-Life' Potato would honestly traumatise me so much as to possibly keep me away from televised snooker for a long time.

Postby Ash147

KatherineParsons wrote:So I actually have to support Trump for the first time in many a year for the final. A win for Mr John 'Should-Have-Been-Banned-For-Life' Potato would honestly traumatise me so much as to possibly keep me away from televised snooker for a long time.

Do you still hate the shape of Judd’s head? :chin:

Postby KatherineParsons

Ash147 wrote:
KatherineParsons wrote:So I actually have to support Trump for the first time in many a year for the final. A win for Mr John 'Should-Have-Been-Banned-For-Life' Potato would honestly traumatise me so much as to possibly keep me away from televised snooker for a long time.

For a couple of days, he'll have my unequivocal support. If he wins, he might even keep it. If he loses, he becomes the Long-Head once more and I will be in a world of pain. I think he'll do it, but with Potato-Cheat you never quite know.

Postby Ash147

KatherineParsons wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

For a couple of days, he'll have my unequivocal support. If he wins, he might even keep it. If he loses, he becomes the Long-Head once more and I will be in a world of pain. I think he'll do it, but with Potato-Cheat you never quite know.

You are very strange. I assume your head is in perfect proportion?

Postby Iranu

God, I feel so rubbish for Gilbert. When he says “this might be the closest I ever come to winning the World Championship”... it’s really gotten to me.

I’ll be rooting for him in every match he plays next season <ok>