Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final John Higgins v Judd Tru

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I wanna see Judd and Higgins smash each other to pieces out there so the winner drags himself over the line in the final frame.

The World Champion must be prepared to suffer for their prize.

Forza!

No decider. Judd will never win if it gets to a decider.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Ash147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I also hate Selbo the most. Higgins gets second place.
First place used to belong to Ebdon. <laugh>

Because of that 12 break? lol

Higgins in fairness is watchable. He still plays a better brand of Snooker than Selby. Imo Higgins plays more closer to the way Ronnie plays than the way Selby plays. He's just more measured about it and not flamboyant.

https://youtu.be/tIyfLTFrN_U

<laugh>

I only saw this for the first time last week.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Higgins is great to watch. His table street smarts are second to none. His break building is a joy to behold. His ability to clear up from 50 points or more behind on a consistent base is unrivalled. How can anybody find him boring? Bloody hell lads and lassies on the eve of the games most prestigious yearly match how can anybody not go to bed tonight in giddy anticipation as to what the snooker gods are going to throw up over the next 48 hours.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:Higgins is great to watch. His table street smarts are second to none. His break building is a joy to behold. His ability to clear up from 50 points or more behind on a consistent base is unrivalled. How can anybody find him boring? Bloody hell lads and lassies on the eve of the games most prestigious yearly match how can anybody not go to bed tonight in giddy anticipation as to what the snooker gods are going to throw up over the next 48 hours.

Nobody questions his greatness, in fact for me he's the second best of all time, after Ronnie.
However, I find him boring cause he's not an offensive player and he doesn't really go for risky pots like Ronnie, Judd, Robbo, or how Hendry and Jimmy did.

Postby The Herminator

KatherineParsons wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
KatherineParsons wrote:I dislike Higgins so much that when he is on a break I mute the sound, and usually change channel for a minute or two. If he gets a few frames ahead I'll recuse myself from the session and keep a check on flashscore to see when it may be safe to return.

Wow, I dislike some players but certainly not on that level.

It's only with him. Sure, there are a few others that I don't particularly enjoy watching (as people on here know) but it's a burning sense of injustice when it comes to him. He should have been banned for life and I will never get over that, not only did he escape, but that he is winning stuff and the commentators never even mention it. In fact, they suck up to him so hard I'm surprised he can even walk around the table a lot of the time. And that every other player who got caught trying to dip in for some extra did get stamped on. Stephen Lee, Quinten Hann, Jamie Burnett to name but a few. I'm actually a solicitor in 'real life' and most of my work is in tort so when it comes to fair play, rights and wrongs and all such, I do have very strong feelings on most matters! Although what he did went way beyond my remit of civil wrongs imo.

Come on Judd, my new favourite player for a couple of days!

That's how you feel and that's absolutely your prerogative but the fact remains is that he was found innocent of match-fixing by an independent tribunal. Whether you agree with that judgement or not it should be respected. You can still hate him of course!

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:What was John Higgins's greatest victory? Beating David Gilbert in the semi-final of the 2019 World snooker Championship via a deciding frame or defeating Napoleon at the Battle of Trafalgar?

At least Napoleon was a force to reckoned with

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:What was John Higgins's greatest victory? Beating David Gilbert in the semi-final of the 2019 World snooker Championship via a deciding frame or defeating Napoleon at the Battle of Trafalgar?

At least Napoleon was a force to reckoned with

The Spartan 300 have got nothing on John Higgins.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Judd does have a bit of a strange head, to be fair. Terrible haircut as well.

Body shaming is not accepted on this site. :no:

Says the guy who referred to someone as “the one with the pancake butt” rofl

I forgot her name. What’s a guy to do? :shrug:

Use Google?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Tay, tay, tay, tay, t-t-t-tay-tay, tay, tay
It's our occupation, we're a dancin' natio-ion
We keep the pressure on every night
Explanations are complicatio-ions

We aint ever gonna be respectable

I am. How dare you?

Postby gallantrabbit

I think Judd will win. Not sure how much John has left in the tank and I think Judd has unconciously saved himself for this occasion. In his heart of hearts he would prefer to face Higgins than Gilbert even though he 'should' beat Gilbert and might not beat John. So far in the tournament Judd has reacted to danger, but he knows that Higgins will be danger from shot 1 so will be up for it.

Postby Dan-cat

Must remember to block this weekend out in the future, ran an event yesterday (got to see the evening session though.) I said this last year and the year before WHEN WILL I LEARN!!!

I like both these guys. If Trump wins it will inspire him to future greatness