Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final John Higgins v Judd Tru

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:Awesome performance from Judd. Despite my schadenfreude directed at him, it’s great to see him enter the pantheon of world champions and I’m happy for him.

A good day for snooker, it’s about time a younger player stepped up. Hopefully next year is Ding’s year :D

If Ding is to win it, he has to apply himself properly as Judd did this year.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:Awesome performance from Judd. Despite my schadenfreude directed at him, it’s great to see him enter the pantheon of world champions and I’m happy for him.

A good day for snooker, it’s about time a younger player stepped up. Hopefully next year is Ding’s year :D

+1

Postby Erza Scarlet

@PinkBall

You were spot on about Robertson and Judd. I underestimated Judd but in fairness Robertson was playing very well for the first 2 matches so it's not bad to think I thought he'd make the finals, given his performance and overall form throughout the season. Plus he didn't have Judd or Ronnie who've had his number this season in his half and Higgins looking very beatable so he had a great path. I hope you can see the reasons why.

Postby Satch4

Pink Ball wrote:

Neal Foulds mentioned without naming names that some top players have become complacent. I think Ding is one of the players he was referring to

Postby HappyCamper

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Image

Ash taking a break from playing World War Z and waiting for another Game of Thrones episode. Thinking about which meme he'll post on the Island.

I don’t play video games, I’m not 12.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8302&start=150#p632249

:chin:

Postby Pink Ball

Erza Scarlet wrote:@PinkBall

You were spot on about Robertson and Judd. I underestimated Judd but in fairness Robertson was playing very well for the first 2 matches so it's not bad to think I thought he'd make the finals, given his performance and overall form throughout the season. Plus he didn't have Judd or Ronnie who've had his number this season in his half and Higgins looking very beatable so he had a great path. I hope you can see the reasons why.

I can Erza, and thank you for acknowledging my greatness.

I was also spot on about Selbo. Most people agreed with me, but others faced me down. That should have been a very easy call for anyone with even basic knowledge of snooker.

Postby TheRocket

TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Lets be honest though. You didnt expect Trump to play this well. If Trump was going to win heavily I always thought it would be because Higgins played rubbish. The fact that Higgins played well and still got slaughtered makes it even more incredible.

Totally agree.

I enjoy your contributions Rocket. You know your stuff.

Thanks. And all credit for your predictions. Not just this final but you were also right about Robertson. We all thought he was a strong favourite but you said right from the start he would perform as rubbish as he did against Higgins. And you were spot on. As you were in terms of the final.

I'm pleased that Trump performed to this level in the final. Never thought he could play as well as this.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Lets be honest though. You didnt expect Trump to play this well. If Trump was going to win heavily I always thought it would be because Higgins played rubbish. The fact that Higgins played well and still got slaughtered makes it even more incredible.

Totally agree.

I enjoy your contributions Rocket. You know your stuff.

Thanks. And all credit for your predictions. Not just this final but you were also right about Robertson. We all thought he was a strong favourite but you said right from the start he would perform as rubbish as he did against Higgins. And you were spot on. As you were in terms of the final.

I'm pleased that Trump performed to this level in the final. Never thought he could play as well as this.

Thank you for acknowledging my greatness.

Postby Ck147

Erza Scarlet wrote:How close is Judd to #1?

They've just updated the 1 year ranking list on world snooker. Trump #1, Robbo #2, Ronnie #3

World (2 year) ranking not updated yet but Judd should be close, about what the other guys said.
Last edited by Ck147 on 06 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby HappyCamper

Godot wrote:What does Django Fung do exactly as Judd's 'manager'? Read on Twitter he's getting a 20% cut.

probably deals with commercial stuff like sponsorships, media, exhibitions etc. organising travel and accommodation and the like.

Postby TheRocket

You'd think that ROS will lose many points next season. Should be a matter of time until Trump is the World number 1. Dont know if that will suit him though. I think he always does better without the favourite tag and the spotlight rather being on others (mostly ROS) than him.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Pink Ball wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:@PinkBall

I can Erza, and thank you for acknowledging my greatness.

I was also spot on about Selbo. Most people agreed with me, but others faced me down. That should have been a very easy call for anyone with even basic knowledge of snooker.

A lot of the time even when I think something is going to happen it's still have this voice in the back of my mind saying it wont. I wasn't surprised at Selby's early exit but I kept thinking if he hung in long enough he'd eventually come good.

Postby Holden Chinaski

HappyCamper wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Ash taking a break from playing World War Z and waiting for another Game of Thrones episode. Thinking about which meme he'll post on the Island.

rofl I told you Ash is a gamer.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Pink Ball wrote:I can Erza, and thank you for acknowledging my greatness.

I don't know about others but Selby going out didn't surprise me. He wasn't even one of my favourites to win unlike 2017. I had Ronnie, Robertson and Judd.

Postby SteveJJ

Ck147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:How close is Judd to #1?

They've just updated the 1 year ranking list on world snooker. Trump #1, Robbo #2, Ronnie #3

World (2 year) ranking not updated yet but Judd should be close, about what the other guys said.

Snooker.org have him £30,000 behind Ronnie. Selby down to 6th.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

rofl I told you Ash is a gamer.

I’m surprised nobody caught the joke at that time actually. I own a Mac. I thought it was pretty obvious, but never mind.

Postby Johnny Bravo

1. First of all, congratulations Judd, he finally did it. And not only did he win it, but he did it in style, by dominating an ATG like Higgins. :win: :hatoff: :win:
2. I was gonna argue that Wildey made the wrong choice to ban me since what I did wasn't anywhere near that bad. But I ain't gonna do that since he showed that he actually has a heart and unbanned me sooner. Guess the Devil is not that dark after all. :hatoff:
3. Now that Judd has done it, it only means one thing: for at least 1 year the mantle of "King of Snooker" will belong to a flair player. FLAIR POWER :mosh:
4. Judd's screwback is the shot of the championship. Nobody else could pull off that shot. :win:
5. It's time for ya'll to stop crying over my absence, I am back. <cool> :-D ;-)
6. And finally, for the girls on this forum: you're all "hot sexy mamas", this forum is blessed to have you all (one in particular ;-) )