Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final John Higgins v Judd Tru

Postby HappyCamper

carayip wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Six months ago Trump didn't hold a single title and was an afterthought in the hyped up O'Sullivan-Selby match in Belfast.

For the 2nd times in a row, the NI Open champion also become the World Champion

if only yan bingtao had held on...

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
carayip wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Six months ago Trump didn't hold a single title and was an afterthought in the hyped up O'Sullivan-Selby match in Belfast.

For the 2nd times in a row, the NI Open champion also become the World Champion

if only yan bingtao had held on...

+1

Postby Cloud Strife

Godot wrote:What does Django Fung do exactly as Judd's 'manager'? Read on Twitter he's getting a 20% cut.

20% seems like alot to me. Most agreements of this kind usually amount to 10%. Assuming Jack Trump is also on a hefty whack, that doesn't really leave much for poor Judd after all taxes and expenses have been paid.

Postby Ck147

SteveJJ wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:How close is Judd to #1?

They've just updated the 1 year ranking list on world snooker. Trump #1, Robbo #2, Ronnie #3

World (2 year) ranking not updated yet but Judd should be close, about what the other guys said.

Snooker.org have him £30,000 behind Ronnie. Selby down to 6th.

Just updated on world snooker too, Ronnie #1, Judd #2 (30k behind), Williams #3, Robbo #4, Higgins #5

Postby Ash147

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Just updated on world snooker too, Ronnie #1, Judd #2 (30k behind), Williams #3, Robbo #4, Higgins #5

What are the points for those 5?

Ronnie O’Sullivan: 1 196 500
Judd Trump: 1 166 500
Mark Williams: 1 028 000
Neil Robertson: 842 500
John Higgins: 795 500

Postby Cloud Strife

Judd Trump is the player of the season, without a shadow of a doubt. It was great to see him finally fulfil his potential and win the title, and at the same consign Haggis to another final loss.

Don't get me wrong, Trump won't ever be one of my favourite players, but he seems a far more humble, mature and down-to-earth person this season and credit to him for this change in attitude.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:Judd Trump is the player of the season, without a shadow of a doubt. It was great to see him finally fulfil his potential and win the title, and at the same consign Haggis to another final loss.

Don't get me wrong, Trump won't ever be one of my favourite players, but he seems a far more humble, mature and down-to-earth person this season and credit to him for this change in attitude.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not a fan, but I have enjoyed his performances this season.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Judd Trump is the player of the season, without a shadow of a doubt. It was great to see him finally fulfil his potential and win the title, and at the same consign Haggis to another final loss.

Exactly this mate. I've warmed up to him since his change of attitute. I just hope he stays humble like he's done and doesn't get too cocky just because he became World Champion. I'm sure he won't anyway.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I wonder why this thread didn’t get that many pages? It’s the lowest amount of pages since 2013.

Probably just ebcause of the early finish.

This thread would surely have reached close to 100 pages, if not more, if it ended up being close. The first 3 sessions had an insane amount of posts.

Postby Andre147

Need to watch the end of 3rd session (or shession as Ronnie calls it rofl ) and the 4th, but for now congrats Judd Trump on becoming World Champion. Like some, I started to have my doubts he would ever achieve this, but since his change of attitute this season I was sure he would win it, maybe not this year, but another one for sure.

Commiserations to John Higgins, a true great of the game, but 4-4 in Crucible Finals must be hard to take. If it were Ronnie doing this I honestly dont know what I would prefer... him losing 3 finals in a row, or him not reaching one table setup since 2014 like he's done. Probably the latter would be easier to take.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Yep that's how I'm feeling. He's not one of my greatest favs even though he plays a brand of Snooker I like but if there's someone to take over the mantle from Ronnie and be the face of Snooker, it's him. Good for Snooker.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Need to watch the end of 3rd session (or shession as Ronnie calls it rofl ) and the 4th, but for now congrats Judd Trump on becoming World Champion. Like some, I started to have my doubts he would ever achieve this, but since his change of attitute this season I was sure he would win it, maybe not this year, but another one for sure.

Commiserations to John Higgins, a true great of the game, but 4-4 in Crucible Finals must be hard to take. If it were Ronnie doing this I honestly dont know what I would prefer... him losing 3 finals in a row, or him not reaching one table setup since 2014 like he's done. Probably the latter would be easier to take.

Without a doubt. 4-4 is a terrible record and losing three in a row is even worse. If it was alternating, like one win, followed by a loss and then a win again it might have been not so bad but losing three in a row is a massive body blow for Higgins.

Crazy to think though how many World titles he could have won. Two more world finals than Ronnie. But he'll probably end up winning less World titles than his big rival.
Last edited by TheRocket on 06 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.