Post a reply

Re: BetVictor European Masters Last 32 !!!!!

Postby lhpirnie

I will be travelling to Dornbirn today via Zurich to see the first two rounds. They will play 3 sessions per day with 4 tables, which allows them to complete the 24 matches in two days. Will be interesting to see the location, the venue, and how the locals feel about snooker.

I then travel back to Swizerland for a couple of concerts...

Postby lhpirnie

donthittheblue wrote:There's a fair few players who have no business being in L32 of a major tournament in this....

Maybe 3 or 4 weak players, but L32 isn't really that far in. The qualifiers were played at a bad time. It will be interesting to see who gets the support from the local crowd.

Postby McManusFan

ImSnookered wrote:Looks wide open this tournament and looking at the draw it looks like a great chance for Fu to go deep and earn some much needed ranking points.

As much as I'd love to see Fu do well again, he's got a tough first opponent in Lu Ning.

Postby ImSnookered

McManusFan wrote: As much as I'd love to see Fu do well again, he's got a tough first opponent in Lu Ning.

Oh absolutely i'm not discounting Lu Ning at all, After all he did whitewash Allen 5-0 in the qualifiers but considering that instead of Allen & Murphy in his section he has Lu Ning & Burden instead and with some of the draws he's been getting because he's no longer top 32 i think he'll take this.

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:I will be travelling to Dornbirn today via Zurich to see the first two rounds. They will play 3 sessions per day with 4 tables, which allows them to complete the 24 matches in two days. Will be interesting to see the location, the venue, and how the locals feel about snooker.

I then travel back to Swizerland for a couple of concerts...

#jealous

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:Dornbirn is a small town, with some interesting shops, quite old-style. There's a church bell which rings every 15 minutes, so you need to sleep soundly to avoid being annoyed by it.

#lessjealousoftheannoyingbell

Postby lhpirnie

McManusFan wrote:That first frame was a terrific steal from Robbo, I think he needed four snookers at one point.

Just 3. Lyu had a nice break, but couldn't finish the frame. Once Robertson started playing for snookers, Lyu realised he was in trouble, and cracked. Kid's had a bad run and has no confidence in himself

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:
McManusFan wrote:That first frame was a terrific steal from Robbo, I think he needed four snookers at one point.

Just 3. Lyu had a nice break, but couldn't finish the frame. Once Robertson started playing for snookers, Lyu realised he was in trouble, and cracked. Kid's had a bad run and has no confidence in himself

:sad:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Brilliant! More snooker already! We are spoiled.

I'm busy today and Thursday. And Saturday afternoon.

I've arranged a few things, so I can't watch the final on Sunday in peace. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:I then travel back to Swizerland for a couple of concerts...

who you gonna see?

All concerts are pointless now Chas And Dave aren't around any more.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:I then travel back to Swizerland for a couple of concerts...

who you gonna see?

All concerts are pointless now Chas And Dave aren't around any more.

Ha! But I'm a classical only guy. Sorry to disappoint you. Anyway, this isn't a music forum...

Postby lhpirnie

We are having an early lunch here. All the matches were over by around midday, and none were very close. The four winners all played excellently and we've had plenty of breaks. The tables are playing nicely. There were about 60 spectators in to watch the first session, and the arena is just right for 4 tables.