Post a reply

BetVictor European Masters Final !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 22nd - Sunday 26th of January at Messe Dornbirn, Austria

Neil Robertson has made it through to the final with a chance of winning the £80,000 first price and with him also Qualified to play in Berlin next week he could be in line for the £150,000 Bonus at the end of the BetVictor series.

His opponent in the final will be Zhou Yuelong in his first Ranking final having previously reached the Semi finals only once the 2017 European Masters.

Who will Win the Title?

DRAW

Final

Neil Robertson v Zhou Yuelong

Robertson leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor European Masters Final !!!!!

Postby donthittheblue

Yet another Best of 17 final to add to the Best of 19s in other events, crammed on the end of a tournament with Best of 9s all through and 11s in the semi final.

Either a Best of 9 is long enough to separate two players or it's not. Same for 11s.

Every match on the calendar should be at least Best of 11 (preferably at least Best of 19).....

Postby lhpirnie

Zhou Yuelong has won an amateur world title and several Chinese pro-am events, including the Chinese National last year. I think this is his first multi-session match outside the World Championship. He reached the final of the Championship League, and of course won the World Cup. So he does have a limited experience of finals, but this is a different level.

His opponent is more experienced.

Unfortunately the sleep issue is a real killer. It could be a total washout later today.

Postby Pink Ball

lhpirnie wrote:Zhou Yuelong has won an amateur world title and several Chinese pro-am events, including the Chinese National last year. I think this is his first multi-session match outside the World Championship. He reached the final of the Championship League, and of course won the World Cup. So he does have a limited experience of finals, but this is a different level.

His opponent is more experienced.

Unfortunately the sleep issue is a real killer. It could be a total washout later today.

I struggle to sleep, and I'm a postman, a terrible job for someone with insomnia.

And you know what, I've turned out okay.

Yep, I've turned out okay.

Postby Iranu

Of course it never works this way, but if both players play the way they did today Zhou is playing the stronger based on the second half of tonight.

Robbo was average at best and was fortunate that Carter lost the plot after the third frame.

But obviously Robbo’s a seasoned winner so you’d expect him to come through.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Come on Robbo!

Which one???

There's only one Robbo when it gets to this stage in tournaments, I think you know that.

Postby Ck147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Come on Robbo!

Which one???

The defending champion.

Ha ha ha ha, oops peed myself, ha ha ha ha

Postby D4P

Which Chinese players have played in ranking finals? I can think of Ding, Liang Wenbo, Cao Yupeng, Yan Bingtao, and now Zhou Yuelong. Are there any others...?

Postby Holden Chinaski

D4P wrote:Which Chinese players have played in ranking finals? I can think of Ding, Liang Wenbo, Cao Yupeng, Yan Bingtao, and now Zhou Yuelong. Are there any others...?

Xiao Guodong.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Come on Zhou!

But which one?

The one from China.

But which China?

The one where Zhou is from.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:Imagine getting back to your hotel after the semi having just got into your first final. You'd be buzzing. Tricky to sleep

I too find it hard to sleep with a semi.

Postby HappyCamper

D4P wrote:Which Chinese players have played in ranking finals? I can think of Ding, Liang Wenbo, Cao Yupeng, Yan Bingtao, and now Zhou Yuelong. Are there any others...?

Also
Marco Fu
Xiao Guodong
Lü Haotian

If you include so-called minor ranking
Tian Pengfei
Ju Reti
Li Hang

Postby Holden Chinaski

HappyCamper wrote:

Also
Marco Fu
Xiao Guodong
Lü Haotian

Tian Pengfei
Ju Reti
Li Hang

Marco Fu is from Hong Kong.

Postby HappyCamper

Holden Chinaski wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Also
Marco Fu
Xiao Guodong
Lü Haotian

Tian Pengfei
Ju Reti
Li Hang

Which is part of China.

Postby Holden Chinaski

HappyCamper wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Also
Marco Fu
Xiao Guodong
Lü Haotian

Tian Pengfei
Ju Reti
Li Hang

Which is part of China.

Is it? My bad. I thought it was independent.

Postby HappyCamper

Holden Chinaski wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Also
Marco Fu
Xiao Guodong
Lü Haotian

Tian Pengfei
Ju Reti
Li Hang

Which is part of China.

No. It's a 'Special Autonomous Region'. It maintains a great amount of independence to govern itself under the 'One Country Two Systems' regime.

Postby lhpirnie

HappyCamper wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Also
Marco Fu
Xiao Guodong
Lü Haotian

Tian Pengfei
Ju Reti
Li Hang

Which is part of China.

Yes, the ranking lists on the CBSA website have the Chinese players in red, including Marco Fu (or 'Fu Jia Jin').

In fact, some of the finals losses by Chinese players were extrememly close. We remember Cao's loss to Neil Robertson in Glasgow, from 8-5 up. Xiao lost in the last few seconds in the shoot-out. Lyu Haotian missed a simple black against Matt Selt in India.

But I'd be amazed in Zhou gets close today. It really was a late finish, and he's played several tough matches.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Also
Marco Fu
Xiao Guodong
Lü Haotian

Tian Pengfei
Ju Reti
Li Hang

Which is part of China.

Isn't it disputed?