Post a reply

Beverly World Cup

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 24th ~Sunday 30th of June at the City Sports Park Stadium in Wuxi

The World Cup returns with China having won it 3 times on the spin with 4 players Ding Junhui and Liang Wenbo in 2011 and 2017 and Zhou Yuelong and Yan Bingtao as the B Side in 2015.

This year Yan Bingtao has been promoted to partner Ding Junhui in the A Side while Liang Wenbo drops down to the B Team and will partner Zhou Yuelong.

Some High profile players that have opted out includes Neil Robertson, Mark Selby, Ronnie O'Sullivan and World Champion Judd Trump meaning England will be represented by Kyren Wilson and Jack Lisowski for the first time and 24 year old Ryan Thomerson will make his debut for Australia alongside the Experienced Steve Mifsud.

Who will be crowned World Cup Champions this year?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Beverly World Cup

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Come on Mark

Which one?

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Come on Mark

Which one?

It's not Joyce. Even his mum doesn't like him.

Postby SnookerFan

TiVoed this afternoon's play. Don't know how much I'll watch this week before getting bored.

Postby SnookerFan

Dammit, I wasn't thinking.

World Snooker posted the score to the China A game on Twitter. :grrr:

I was Tivoe-ing that for later.

Postby SteveJJ

After a first session going to form, the first shocks come with Norway beating Thailand and Austria beating Poland.

Postby SnookerFan

The commentators are praising Ding for 'getting involved in the coin toss'.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 24 Jun 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Now then,thats a nice start to the new Season.

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNN SCOTLAND!.

Scotland 4-1 Cyprus.

:clap: :happy:

Postby vodkadiet1

I haven't seen many of those ridiculous England flags on cars and vans and hanging in windows. Are the public aware that the Snooker World Cup is going on?

Kyren Wilson and Jack Lisowski are laying their heart and souls out on the table to play for Henry 8th's memory and no one seems interested.

This is not acceptable!!

Postby SteveJJ

vodkadiet1 wrote:I haven't seen many of those ridiculous England flags on cars and vans and hanging in windows. Are the public aware that the Snooker World Cup is going on?

Kyren Wilson and Jack Lisowski are laying their heart and souls out on the table to play for Henry 8th's memory and no one seems interested.

This is not acceptable!!

Which is pretty bad when theres 3 world cups on at the moment. If the flags were out we wouldn't know which one people were following!

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:I haven't seen many of those ridiculous England flags on cars and vans and hanging in windows. Are the public aware that the Snooker World Cup is going on?

This is not acceptable!!

Yeah, I'm getting confused by it all right now, I hear World Cup blah blah expecting something but then click on a link and see women fighting, what's going on in the world?

Postby vodkadiet1

If Kyren and Jack bring the trophy back this week then I think it will be just the tonic England needs and they should be given an open top bus parade around all the major cities in England.

I would expect hundreds of thousands of people to turn out in each city. Similar to a Donald Trump rally.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

This time, more than any other time, this time,
We're going to find a way,
Find a way to get away,
This time, getting it all together

We'll get it right
This time, get it right,
This time

It makes you wonder,
It makes you proud
To play for England,
And hear the crowd

As we're marching
On towards victory

Postby Alex0paul

Absolute garbage

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:

This is not acceptable!!

Yeah, I'm getting confused by it all right now, I hear World Cup blah blah expecting something but then click on a link and see women fighting, what's going on in the world?

Did you happen to keep any of those links? :evilgrin:

Postby SnookerFan

Apparently, it's Jack Lisowski's birthday.

:birthday:

Let's hope he can help England to World Cup Success for his birthday. :D

Postby Alex0paul

No more years of hurt

No more need for dreaming

Postby vodkadiet1

Kyren and Jack still on course to win the team award for this year's SPOTY.