Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Quarter Finals

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I think Allen will be too strong but we'll see. I was wrong yesterday about Murphy.

I've only seen one match of Allen and one of Ding, but I have the feeling Allen may be too strong as well.

Mark's winning margins have been stronger in his matches this week.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody watching the matches?

They seem slow. Are they scrappy?

I watched bits n pieces of the Trump/Ford match,most of what i saw was very poooor.

There were bucket fulls of misses,poor pos Play,poor safetys.

COME ONNN GRAEME btw!. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

LC wrote:The screen with players names on where the chair is, looks like they are sponsored by iron bru, just thought I’d mention it!

:roll: Have you had one too many Irn Bru,s mate. :drunk: ;-)

Thanks for mentioning it though,might pop open a can later. :-)

What a chance Gary Wilson had in the decider,really should of cut the red in.

Postby LC

No not had any iron bru lately, but it’s my favourite, Wilson had a great chance there but it was inevitable the dulby would win the decider, he’s winning them again unlike last season where a lot went against him, I still can’t abide watching him tho

Postby hendry_fan

LC wrote:No not had any iron bru lately, but it’s my favourite, Wilson had a great chance there but it was inevitable the dulby would win the decider, he’s winning them again unlike last season where a lot went against him, I still can’t abide watching him tho

Aye,it does remind one of good auld Irn Bru,i did,nt notice it though until you mentioned it. :-)

"The dulby". <laugh>

I should,nt be laughin as i like Selbo,but one can see the funny side of it.Mark Dulby. <laugh>

Postby TheRocket

Selby-Trump could be like the Robertson-Selby rivalry. They'd had barely any meetings for the first few years but then it became a great rivalry with some fantastic matches.

Trump has a 4:0 record over Selby in bo11 and longer matches. Even though they've only played one multi session match so far (China Open 2011).

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:Selby-Trump could be like the Robertson-Selby rivalry. They'd had barely any meetings for the first few years but then it became a great rivalry with some fantastic matches.

Trump has a 4:0 record over Selby in bo11 and longer matches. Even though they've only played one multi session match so far (China Open 2011).

Come on Judd!

Postby TheRocket

Ash147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Selby-Trump could be like the Robertson-Selby rivalry. They'd had barely any meetings for the first few years but then it became a great rivalry with some fantastic matches.

Come on Judd!

If Trump plays at his best Selby will be helpless. Trumps peak game is clearly superior. In fact Selby even struggles to compete as he gets overpowered by his opponent. Just look at the last three results in the proper matches.

6:2,6:2, 5:1.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Come on Judd!

If Trump plays at his best Selby will be helpless. Trumps peak game is clearly superior. In fact Selby even struggles to compete as he gets overpowered by his opponent. Just look at the last three results in the proper matches.

6:2,6:2, 5:1.

I wish to hear Ace's opinion on this.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:It's crazy to think that Allen made 14 centuries in this last season. Judd has been great, and he's made half of that so far.

The pockets were ridiculous last season.

Postby Iranu

So apparently Ding and Allen were on a respotted black for about 10 minutes? I turned it on and saw Ding play one shot, leaving it right over the middle pocket. buck sake.

Come on Ding!