Post a reply

World Snooker International Championship Quarter Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 4th- Sunday 11th of August at the Baihu Filming Base, Daqing, China

A Few surprises in the Last 16 as both John Higgins and Neil Robertson went by the waside losing to Graeme Dott and Shaun Murphy respectively.

Mark Selby had a fright before he pulled it back to beat David Gilbert from 5-3 down to take his place in the quarter final. His next oponement is Gary Wilson who dumped him out of the World Championship in April.

The home fans still has something to cheer as Ding Junhui will take on defending Champion Mark Allen and also the Champion of the World Judd Trump still going strongly as he plays leicester's Tom Ford.

Who will make the best of 17 frame semi finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Mark Allen v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 11-4
Graeme Dott v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 8-4
-------------------------------------------------------
Gary Wilson v Mark Selby Selby leads 5-1
Tom Ford v Judd Trump Trump leads 9-4

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: World Snooker International Championship Quarter Finals

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:Ding has a surprisingly strong record against Allen. How many of those aren’t “proper” matches?

Ding leads
7-3 in bo7 or longer.
And
3-2 in bo11 or longer.
Allen won their only two session match.

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ding has a surprisingly strong record against Allen. How many of those aren’t “proper” matches?

Ding leads
7-3 in bo7 or longer.
And
3-2 in bo11 or longer.
Allen won their only two session match.

<ok> Thanks

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Hoping for a Trump-Selby semifinal. They've barely met in longer matches. In fact they've only played one multi session match which was the China Open final in 2011 when Trump had his breakthrough.

Same here. Wish they met more often, clash of styles like Ronnie v Selby.

Allen v Ding will be an absolute cracker.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Dott or Ding please

Sadly Dott doesnt have the game to beat a top player like Selby or Trump in a long distance match.

Even Ding or Allen in the semis could prove too much for him, but he needs to get past Murphy first.

Postby Ace

Any other day I'd be rooting for Wilson to win vs Selby but I want Judd to spank Selby for a 4th time in a row (Selby's yet to beat Judd since 2015). Selby can have the champions league wins over Trump LOL

I just hope Selby doesn't tank and avoid Judd.

Time for Judd to show offence always wins over defense.

Postby Andre147

Ace wrote:Any other day I'd be rooting for Wilson to win vs Selby but I want Judd to spank Selby for a 4th time in a row (Selby's yet to beat Judd since 2015). Selby can have the champions league wins over Trump LOL

Would be funny if Ford beat Trump instead and Selby won his match.

And your last sentence is kinda wrong... Trump's recent sucess has been largely due to better safety play and turning down certain pots he would never refuse in the past.

Postby Ace

Andre147 wrote:
Ace wrote:Any other day I'd be rooting for Wilson to win vs Selby but I want Judd to spank Selby for a 4th time in a row (Selby's yet to beat Judd since 2015). Selby can have the champions league wins over Trump LOL

Would be funny if Ford beat Trump instead and Selby won his match.

And your last sentence is kinda wrong... Trump's recent sucess has been largely due to better safety play and turning down certain pots he would never refuse in the past.

Trump's recent success is due to 7 centuries and other plethora of breaks like in the 2019 final and he seems to be close to the same form this tournament just look at his breaks, he has simply matured more but he'll never ever be a defensive player it's not in his blood.

Maturity comes from some safety play but at the end of the day he's an offensive player.

Ronnie also plays safety he was never all out mindless attacking unless he couldn't be bothered/ not taking it seriously.

Postby Andre147

Both are offensive players no doubt, what I meant was his recent sucess has come because he has improved his safety, his scoring was always there.

If you combine that then its the perfect combination. Look at how much sucess Ronnie had when he worked on the safety side with Reardon.

Postby Ace

Just because he's improved his safety somehow makes him a defensive player?

I don't even kno what you're arguing with me for, lol, Judd is an attacking/ offensive player you'd have to literally be blind to not see this. Just because he's matured more doesn't take him from his bread and butter.

And I was making a comparison between Judd and Selby. They are two opposites.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Both are offensive players no doubt, what I meant was his recent sucess has come because he has improved his safety, his scoring was always there.

If you combine that then its the perfect combination. Look at how much sucess Ronnie had when he worked on the safety side with Reardon.

Problem with Judd's game is hes too reliet on long pots to keep a break going at the momet it works but when it doesent he looks rubbish it has to be said.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Both are offensive players no doubt, what I meant was his recent sucess has come because he has improved his safety, his scoring was always there.

Problem with Judd's game is hes too reliet on long pots to keep a break going at the momet it works but when it doesent he looks rubbish it has to be said.

Yeah thats true.

And Ace I'm not saying he is a defensive player, he is an attacking one like Ronnie and always will be. But more sucess comes with a better all round game, not just sheer potting. Trump finally understood that and took his game to a new level, with his brother a big influence.