Post a reply

World Snooker International Championship Final !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 4th- Sunday 11th of August at the Baihu Filming Base, Daqing, China

So its 2005 World Champion Shaun Murphy is the next challenger for the current World Champion Judd Trump.

Murphy who raced to a 6-0 lead over Mark Allen was pegged back to 8-6 before winning the 15th frame for victory and Judd Trump it has to be said outplayed Mark Selby to book his place in the final.

Who will be crowned Champion?

DRAW

Final

Judd Trump v Shaun Murphy

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Trump leads 21-9
Main Tournaments Trump leads 6-3
Multi Session MatchesTied at 1-1
Finals murphy leads 1-0

Re: World Snooker International Championship Final !!

Postby Ash147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:That trophy doe...

Is very very ugly. :-(
The Masters has the most beautiful trophy. :bowdown:

Considering China has two of the biggest ranking events going, I've always found the trophies to be underwhelming compared to the UK based events.

These are my favourite trophies, in order.

1. World Championship
2. UK Championship
3. The Masters
4. Tour Championship
5. World Grand Prix

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:I'm surprised Murphy beat Allen.

Allen was winning easy all week.

The only time I saw Smurph, he was making hard work of beating Robertson.

I think Allen peaked too early. Murphy has played himself into a bit of form.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:Impressive showing for Smurph, with wins over Sijun, Bingtao, N. Robertson, Dott, and Allen.

Yeah impressive his route to the Final. Unlike Trump who only played one Top 16 player. If Murphy were to win it, it would be quite remarkable but I think Trump wins something like 10-5.

Postby Ace

Surely they can get a better trophy than that even the Home Nations trophies look like a trophy and not a discount flower vase from Barnardos

Anyway Judd will win but I'd be disappointed if Judd doesn't win by 10-5 or anything lower. He's at his peak now, he should be dominating the likes of Murphy to an extent like what Ronnie has done in UK 2017 and the other ITV event.

Judd is levels higher than Murphy in terms of level of play, Judd needs to show it consistently.

Postby Ash147

Ace wrote:Surely they can get a better trophy than that even the Home Nations trophies look like a trophy and not a discount flower vase from Barnardos

Anyway Judd will win but I'd be disappointed if Judd doesn't win by 10-5 or anything lower. He's at his peak now, he should be dominating the likes of Murphy to an extent like what Ronnie has done in UK 2017 and the other ITV event.

Judd is levels higher than Murphy in terms of level of play, Judd needs to show it consistently.

:goodpost:

Postby Ace

Ash147 wrote:
Ace wrote:Surely they can get a better trophy than that even the Home Nations trophies look like a trophy and not a discount flower vase from Barnardos

:goodpost:

When Murphy loses tomorrow it's gonna be his 6th ranking event final loss in a row since 2017

1x Brecel
1x White
2x O'Sullivan
1x Allen
1x Trump

lovely :mosh2:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Smurf can play to a very high level. He's among the best ever in terms of cue action (thus he makes a lot of long pots) and he's a good breakbuilder.
So he can be Judd's equal in terms of scoring and breakbuilding. However that's where it ends.
When he puts his mind to it, just like Ronnie, Trump is world class in terms of safety play. Smurf falls short in that department.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:That trophy doe...

Is very very ugly. :-(
The Masters has the most beautiful trophy. :bowdown:

Considering China has two of the biggest ranking events going, I've always found the trophies to be underwhelming compared to the UK based events.

These are my favourite trophies, in order.

1. World Championship
2. UK Championship
3. The Masters
4. Tour Championship
5. World Grand Prix

Remember the Welsh Open slate?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Judd just missed the easiest red imaginable with the frame at his mercy.

Murphy now in with his first chance of the match.

Judd playing well, but doesn't look unbeatable or unplayable.

But like you said, Murphy not taking advantage.

Judd favourite at the minute.