Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Final !!

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Oh, they’re not doing speeches.

Why bother when you can spend time introducing 4,000 dignitaries?

It always amuses me... so much time there and they dont even interview the players.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:There might be a chance Trump can get close to 100 centuries this season.

He also loves the CL, so every chance of that. Trump is the only player capable of beating Robbo's 103 tons. Ronnie also if he played enough tournaments but he cant be bothered.

Postby Andre147

Congrats to Trump on another title, first as World Champion.

I think we'll see him peak for the big events this season like this one, and maybe on the lesser ranked ones lose to some journeyman in the Best of 7s. But with him being at his peak, he wants to aim for the big titles, and this is the perfect start for the season.

Postby Wildey

Its been a pretty rubbish finish to the tournament it has to be said matches finished early.

The closest any of these matches has been was When Selby and Trump was 5-3 and had all to play for apart from that its been one way traffic.

Take nothing away from Judd that what he has to do destroy and stamp everyone that gets in his way and hes done it really well.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:How can you call this a rubbish final? You thought the China Championship final was good last season. <doh>

To be fair matches that are over quickly aren’t great to watch unless you’re a fan of the player who wins, unless the result is a shock or the performance unbelievably good (e.g. this year’s Masters and Worlds).

Judd was very good today but nobody expected Murphy to make it close and it was clear he wasn’t playing well enough to, so the result was expected.

Plus I always think the feeling’s magnified in Chinese tournaments when the match is over by 2pm.

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:How can you call this a rubbish final? You thought the China Championship final was good last season. <doh>

I Prefer close exciting never know the result til its over matches over one sided rubbish

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:

I Prefer close exciting never know the result til its over matches over one sided rubbish

You should be used to one sided matches as your fav player used to destroy the opposition in the early to mid 90's.

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:

You never know who's going to win between me and my mates, but the quality is bucking dreadful. I'm sure you'd enjoy it though, because the matches are always close.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:

You should be used to one sided matches as your fav player used to destroy the opposition in the early to mid 90's.

But the question is how much did you enjoy that?

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:

But the question is how much did you enjoy that?

If the winning player plays to a very high level it can be very enjoyable. Some of the Hendry and Ronnie displays (like World final 1993,Masters 2005) are unforgettable. As it represents perfect Snooker. A man at the peak of his powers.

This one obviously wasnt in that league I have to admit. But I've seen far worse one sided matches. Like the Robertson-Georgiou ,match this year. Everyone thought Robbo played good. Reality was. Even I would have put up a better performance than Georgiou. .

Postby Wildey

i like to get the adrenalin pumping and one sided matches even Hendry's displays was underwhelming for me.

My fave was always Alex Higgins and he never made things easy for himself and the Buzz i had watching him was fantastic so no one sided matches no matter the performance i do find dull have to be honest.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ace wrote:TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN

loss count of how many he's made this tournament now!

I can't believe it but Judd's finally, FINALLY has a champion mentality, he has that aura now just like all the other all-time greats.

Doesn't surprise me - many children struggle to count beyond 10.

Keep at it Ace lad.

Postby TheRocket

Its hard to get to the top. Its even harder to stay at the top. Lets see how long Judd can keep his hunger to win titles and practice hard to do so. At the same time that makes you appreciate Davis and Hendry even more.

To keep that hunger and basicially live and breathe Snooker and nothing else for a decade and even longer must be such a huge task. Physically and mentally.

I dont think thats possible in this era. But Judd should aim to win around 2-4 titles (one of them a TC event) every season.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:I wonder if Judd will get the TV tables over Ronnie this season? He’s the first world champion since Ronnie to have that “fan favourite” tag. Now that he’s got the form and prestige to match that I wonder if Ronnie will finally have to spend some time on the outside tables, and how that will affect his ability to steamroll lower ranked players.

Not a cat in hell's chance of that happening.

As someone said later, they'd find a way of putting them both on the main table, one after the other. But given the choice, they would pick Ronnie every single time, and rightly so.

There were matches this week where Judd played in front of the proverbial one man and his dog. That is something that would never happen with Ronnie, he'd draw a crowd anywhere, even in China where the crowd attendances are notoriously bad.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:I wonder if Judd will get the TV tables over Ronnie this season? He’s the first world champion since Ronnie to have that “fan favourite” tag. Now that he’s got the form and prestige to match that I wonder if Ronnie will finally have to spend some time on the outside tables, and how that will affect his ability to steamroll lower ranked players.

As someone said later, they'd find a way of putting them both on the main table, one after the other. But given the choice, they would pick Ronnie every single time, and rightly so.

There were matches this week where Judd played in front of the proverbial one man and his dog. That is something that would never happen with Ronnie, he'd draw a crowd anywhere, even in China where the crowd attendances are notoriously bad.

Why is that right...it really baffles me how some fans like about 45 minute of TV Action instead of 3 to 4 hours of competition.

Postby vodkadiet1

He is a tidy little player is Trump. He works hard at his game and he is getting some rewards.

He fluked The Crucible title at the end of last season and has now fluked another event. It cannot continue however as the rest of the field will start practising soon and will be sharper. Trump has just capitalised on their rustiness.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:He is a tidy little player is Trump. He works hard at his game and he is getting some rewards.

He fluked The Crucible title at the end of last season and has now fluked another event. It cannot continue however as the rest of the field will start practising soon and will be sharper. Trump has just capitalised on their rustiness.

Always good for a laugh mate. He got the job done though.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:

Yeah that’s probably right.

It would be interesting to see though.