Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters 1st Round !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie will be relieved he doesn't have to face his nemesis.

No Ronnie will be Gutted. Ronnie has been waiting a long time to put Carter in his place.

I agree. My previous comment was meant as a joke.

Postby motorhead

motorhead wrote:like who on earth is this Zhang Yi? he's playing fantastic.

Shanghai masters amateur champion just found out.

Postby carayip

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ding losing to an amateur

Only the first frame. Chinese players all have mental block in playing Ding. I don’t think Ding will lose even he’s 0-4 down let alone just 0-1

Postby Iranu

Foulds there said “Ding commands a health appearance fee in China and across the world.”

Can’t remember where we were discussing it but a bit of an insight into the appearance fee situation on tour.

Postby motorhead

Iranu wrote:Foulds there said “Ding commands a health appearance fee in China and across the world.”

Can’t remember where we were discussing it but a bit of an insight into the appearance fee situation on tour.

Weren't we already aware of that?

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:Foulds there said “Ding commands a health appearance fee in China and across the world.”

Makes sense. Good luck to him.

It would be interesting to know what the figures are that we're talking about here.

I know, to use a tennis example, Federer gets $2m appearance fee for playing in tournaments like Dubai and Basel.

Postby SteveJJ

Cloud Strife wrote:

It would be interesting to know what the figures are that we're talking about here.

I know, to use a tennis example, Federer gets $2m appearance fee for playing in tournaments like Dubai and Basel.

Yeah would be interesting. would assume Ronnie and Ding get the biggest fees going. If I recall, Ronnie didnt play in the European Masters due to sponsors not offering an appearance fee.

What amazed me was that Selby and Ding recently played a best of 25 exhibition in Tibet. Selby won and got £125,000 whilst Ding got £75,000. Big money. Ding made a maximum too.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

No Ronnie will be Gutted. Ronnie has been waiting a long time to put Carter in his place.

Had they met he would probably humiliate him again like many times before.

Postby rekoons

SteveJJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yeah would be interesting. would assume Ronnie and Ding get the biggest fees going. If I recall, Ronnie didnt play in the European Masters due to sponsors not offering an appearance fee.

What amazed me was that Selby and Ding recently played a best of 25 exhibition in Tibet. Selby won and got £125,000 whilst Ding got £75,000. Big money. Ding made a maximum too.

In Tibet???
£125.000 + £75.000 ???

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Had they met he would probably humiliate him again like many times before.

Apart from a Decider in Championship league match Ronnie last win over Carter was in 2013 that surprised me they only played 3 times since their 2012 world final.

Postby Lemnas

Cloud Strife wrote:

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2017/07/18 ... g-masters/
£85000, but no sources mentioned. Doesn't say if it is just invitational or ranking events too either.

Postby Wildey

Lemnas wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2017/07/18 ... g-masters/
£85000, but no sources mentioned. Doesn't say if it is just invitational or ranking events too either.

that was the Hong Kong Masters and no Ding?

Postby Lemnas

Wildey wrote:that was the Hong Kong Masters and no Ding?

No Ding because the promoters didn't want to pay that amount. But £85000 is what Ding wanted (2 years ago), which is what Cloud Strife is interested in.

Postby Wildey

Lemnas wrote:
Wildey wrote:that was the Hong Kong Masters and no Ding?

No Ding because the promoters didn't want to pay that amount. But £85000 is what Ding wanted (2 years ago), which is what Cloud Strife is interested in.

it would definitely show why hes ranked 18th if he gets that kind of money just for turning up why bother trying just lose go home with 85k to be with your family.