Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Last 16 !!!

Postby Lemnas

Ash147 wrote:Higgins has only won two ranking events in the past four years. It's very unlikely he'll win another one for the remainder of his career.

I doubt that very much.

Postby Ash147

carayip wrote:Would you rather make 3 world finals but win none or you rather win one time but not even qualify, make early exit in the rest?

The latter, for sure.

Postby Ck147

Ash147 wrote:
carayip wrote:Would you rather make 3 world finals but win none or you rather win one time but not even qualify, make early exit in the rest?

The latter, for sure.

+1

Postby carayip

Ash147 wrote:

The latter, for sure.

Try to think more carefully, 3 world finals mean you are constantly among the top, you are always contending and you earn more money as well. The latter mean you are sometimes even out of top 16

Postby Ck147

carayip wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

The latter, for sure.

Try to think more carefully, 3 world finals mean you are constantly among the top, you are always contending and you earn more money as well. The latter mean you are sometimes even out of top 16

After you retire from pro snooker and end up doing TV would you rather be previous World Champion, or 3 time finalist/loser?

Postby Ash147

carayip wrote:So many of you rather have Joe Johnson’s career than Jimmy White’s?

Yes. Jimmy White will always be remembered for not winning the WC. Joe Johnson was no where near as good a player as Jimmy, yet he's still got a WC to his name.

Postby Ck147

carayip wrote:So many of you rather have Joe Johnson’s career than Jimmy White’s?

Don't put it like that, you make me want to change my mind :)

But, would still rather be a World Champion, name on the trophy, in the history books for all time, etc. No one remembers second place (Jimmy being the obvious exception.)

Postby Iranu

Yep, no question

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yep, no question

Are you joking? Jimmy is the most loved snooker player ever.

Because of his playing style and his personality, not because of his career. Apart from pity over him not winning the Worlds. Personally I wouldn’t want to be pitied by an entire fandom.

Postby TheRocket

Jimmy truly is a special case.

Six worlds final and not winning a single one of them will stand alone for all eternity. He's probably the only non-World Champion who is yet called an All-Time Great by many Snookerfans.

Imo he's a Low Tier All-Time Great at the best. If that word even exists. But its impossible to say he's in the same league as All-Time Greats like Williams or Selby.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:Robertson won.

Good, wanted him to win.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:Come on Gilbo

:bird:

I want him to win a big tournament :-(

I also predicted him to win <laugh>

It'd be good to see Gilbert take a tournament, to be fair.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:From a financial point of view three finals.

Sporting point of view...one win.

No contest for me.

:goodpost:

I think most of us will choose the same. :spot on:

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:Come on Gilbo

:bird:

I want him to win a big tournament :-(

I also predicted him to win <laugh>

It'd be good to see Gilbert take a tournament, to be fair.

It would, but he won't.

Postby Wildey

I Would rather have Jimmy Whites career when all said and done the World Championship is only 1 tournament and 17 days.

Postby Pink Ball

Not sure about that particular question. You’re talking about Jimmy White — either the best or second best player never to have won the title — and Joe Johnson who, in my opinion, was the worst player to win it.

I might pick most World Champions’ careers over White’s, but I’m not sure I’d pick Joe Johnson’s career over his.

Then again, for all the pain White suffered as a snooker player, it was a bloody roller coaster, and I don’t think any player was as loved (not pitied) as White. And there’s a lot to be said for those points. White is one of the few runners-ups who’ll be remembered even without his name on the trophy. He is a bona fide snooker legend. Most World Champions aren’t.

Postby HappyCamper

Cloud Strife wrote:I bucking hate Enron. Lost my entire life savings investing in those chameleons.

Should have diversified.