Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I think Robertson will claim his first multi session victory over Ronnie on Saturday. I can see him joining Allen in the final.

Wouldn't mind that happening, honestly.

+100

Postby Andre147

Kyren must be fuming... Ronnie had an outrageous fluke at 5-2 down, otherwise he would have lost the match I'm certain.

And in the CoC final he also had a fluked snooker on the penultimate frame.

But on both occasions he bottled his chances to win the match and he had plenty. Only himself to blame.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:Kyren must be fuming... Ronnie had an outrageous fluke at 5-2 down, otherwise he would have lost the match I'm certain.

And in the CoC final he also had a fluked snooker on the penultimate frame.

But on both occasions he bottled his chances to win the match and he had plenty. Only himself to blame.

Totally agree, without that fluke he would have lost 6-2. Kyren must be gutted.

Postby Dan-cat

Ash147 wrote:I think Robertson will claim his first multi session victory over Ronnie on Saturday. I can see him joining Allen in the final.

I wouldn't be so sure. This comeback reminds me of the way he came back against Kendo at last year's UK

Postby mantorok

Depends, Ronnie will be a lot sharper in his next match, especially after coming so close to losing.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:Who was the last player to win the same tournament three years in a row?

Higgins I think. Cant remember which one but I remember it being mentioned.

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Who was the last player to win the same tournament three years in a row?

Higgins I think. Cant remember which one but I remember it being mentioned.

I can't find anything about Higgins having done that. Perhaps there hasn't been anyone to do it since Hendry's consecutive WC wins?

Postby TheRocket

lol cant believe that he still won. Didnt have the opportunity to watch after 1:5. Just saw in the livescore that he made a century to make it 2:5 but I still expected Wilson to win 6:2 or 6:3.

This is the second time he let a good opportunity to beat Ronnie slip away.

Postby SnookerFan

I put Ronnie vs Karen on from earlier.

I'm tired, so put one on I was hoping was over quickly.

You guys already knew if I pick wisely. Judd Vs Trump is two quicker players, but Ronnie is Ronnie.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Kyren has not achieved much since he slagged off Judd last year.

He must be feeling a bit sheepish.

This was only his fourth quarter-final appearance since he won the German Masters in February.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:I put Ronnie vs Karen on from earlier.

I'm tired, so put one on I was hoping was over quickly.

You guys already knew if I pick wisely. Judd Vs Trump is two quicker players, but Ronnie is Ronnie.

Judd vs Trump. :chin:

Postby TheRocket

Robertson wont get a better opportunity to finally score his first win over Ronnie in a multi session match. The Aussie seems to be in good shape while Ronnie is still rusty.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,i fuuuuullllly admit,......

,...….....i,m fuming and gutted!. :mood: >-( :wild: :sad: :-(

,...…Mags loses 6-2 to Guodong in round 1.

John Haggis loses 6-5 on the final black against the Hawk in round 2.

And Ronnie Comes back from 5-1 down to win 6-5.

Just have to hope that Robbo send Ronnie packin!.

COME ONNN ROBBO!,YA AUSSIE YOBBO!,SEND NUMPTY RONNIE PACKIN. :box: :happy:

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:Robertson wont get a better opportunity to finally score his first win over Ronnie in a multi session match. The Aussie seems to be in good shape while Ronnie is still rusty.

I do think Robertson will win it. Ronnie is scoring well, but he is noticeably rusty with his safety. It's not surprising, considering it's his first match in five months. Still, four centuries and a semi-final appearance is a good start to the season for Ronnie.

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:Well,i fuuuuullllly admit,......

,...….....i,m fuming and gutted!. :mood: >-( :wild: :sad: :-(

,...…Mags loses 6-2 to Guodong in round 1.

John Haggis loses 6-5 on the final black against the Hawk in round 2.

And Ronnie Comes back from 5-1 down to win 6-5.

Just have to hope that Robbo send Ronnie packin!.

COME ONNN ROBBO!,YA AUSSIE YOBBO!,SEND NUMPTY RONNIE PACKIN. :box: :happy:

HF you lovely man. I knew you'd be apoplectic at Ronnie's reversal. HA!! Put that in your pipe!! Where are your Scots now huh??!

:-D

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Robertson wont get a better opportunity to finally score his first win over Ronnie in a multi session match. The Aussie seems to be in good shape while Ronnie is still rusty.

I'm with Ash and also think Robbo might win his first multi session match against ROS.

But at the same time it would not surprise me if this win boosted Ronnie's confidence and he won confortably.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Ronnieeeeeee
Snooker's hero :happy:

Ronnie is snooker's lifeblood. Dreading the day he puts his cue away for good.

Why?

just what makes him the lifeblood really don't get that if im honest

Yea hes a Great player a great Entertainer but unlike the likes of Jimmy and Alex hes also dominant.

So basically hes more Davis and Hendry than he is Jimmy or Alex so no hes not the lifeblood many cant wait to see the back of him that's the truth.

My personal view is in the middle and when he goes the sport moves forward and while hes here lets enjoy him.

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Why?

Yea hes a Great player a great Entertainer but unlike the likes of Jimmy and Alex hes also dominant.

So basically hes more Davis and Hendry than he is Jimmy or Alex so no hes not the lifeblood many cant wait to see the back of him that's the truth.

My personal view is in the middle and when he goes the sport moves forward and while hes here lets enjoy him.

You really hate Ronnie, don't you?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Why?

Only his opponents will be happy to see him gone. And not even all of those. MJW for example wants him around. Ronnie draws the crowds, the crowds draw the sponsors. That means more money for the players. That's why MJW likes him around.
What makes Ronnie special is the fact that he's a great champion who wins in an exciting manner.
There have been great champions/winners in the past: Davis, Hendry.
And there have been great entertainers: Alex, Jimmy.
But ROS is the only one that combines both elements, that's what makes him so special.

Judd is the only player around that is somewhat of a similar mold. But when ROS is gone, it's gonna be a sad day for snooker.
Almost all casuals follow snooker because of him. Wildey, you might enjoy/get excited by a tense match with lots of drama and safety battles between the likes of Hawkins and Ebdon, but most casuals will hate that type of game and steer away from watching it. What they want to see is lots of potted balls and big breaks. And the truth is that that vast majority of casuals is what keeps any sport alive. Snooker fanatics like us are a minority and thus not that important in the big scheme of things.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Why?

You really hate Ronnie, don't you?

How do you see hate in there??????

Postby Andre147

Agree with Wild, Ronnie is the only player who can be a winner like Hendry and Davis were, but at the same time be an enterteiner like Jimmy and Alex Higgins were.

This is the best possible combination.

When he retires for good it will be a sad day but Snooker will live on. Let's enjoy whilst he's still around giving us more magic moments from his remarkable career.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Agree with Wild, Ronnie is the only player who can be a winner like Hendry and Davis were, but at the same time be an enterteiner like Jimmy and Alex Higgins were..

Hey, I said that, not Wildey. >-( :td: :irk: