Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Quarter Finals !!!

Postby eraserhead

Dan-cat wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Great pot for frame ball but misses an east black to make sure. Should be a decider.

What! Last time Iooked was 5-1!

Kyren's faded a bit and Ronnie's remembered how to pot.

Postby eraserhead

Both missed good chances, Ronnie in now and couldn't ask for a better chance after splitting the pack.

Postby HappyCamper

o'sullivan somehow in off the black and now wilson might be able to steal it.

never mind, wilson spooned it again.
Last edited by HappyCamper on 12 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

Wow, what a comeback, think it was all down to that fluke at end of 5-2

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:lol Ronnie really loves this tournament doesn't he?

He really does.

Is this one of Ronnie's best recoveries? He once cameback from 4 nil down to beat Higginson 5-4, but this is a much harder opponent.

I was fearing it would be in vain... he also was once 3 nil down against Wilson, forced the decider but lost it.

This time he completes the comeback. Happy days.

Postby Andre147

He might lose against Robbo, Robbo in fact never won a multi-session match against him so there is a first time for everything.

But a win like this should boost his confidence I reckon.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:

He really does.

Is this one of Ronnie's best recoveries? He once cameback from 4 nil down to beat Higginson 5-4, but this is a much harder opponent.

I was fearing it would be in vain... he also was once 3 nil down against Wilson, forced the decider but lost it.

2-6 and 5-8 vs Trump last season. He was also down 5-8 at the UK Champ 2001 vs Ebdon.

But that win vs Higginson revived his career again

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:

He really does.

That match was incredible. Didn’t he make three centuries in a row only for Kyren to make an 80 with the first chance in the decider?

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

He really does.

That match was incredible. Didn’t he make three centuries in a row only for Kyren to make an 80 with the first chance in the decider?

Indeed.

And MDG, I know Ronnie has had other important victories when facing a deficit, but in the brink if defeat this is up there as one of the best

That match v Ebdon at the UK and the Welsh Open Final 2004 also spring to mind.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:I think Robertson will claim his first multi session victory over Ronnie on Saturday. I can see him joining Allen in the final.

Wouldn't mind that happening, honestly.