Post a reply

Shanghai Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image Monday 9th~Sunday 15th of September at the Regal International East Asia Hotel, Shanghai, China

Ronnie O'Sullivan was in trouble in the Quarter Final but fought his way back impressively and will be tough to beat but he's up against Neil Robertson who is brimming with confidence but something has to give on saturday.

Before then it's Shaun Murphy v Mark Allen. Allen dispatched Judd Trump very comfortably 6-1 and Jack Lisowski Judd's Mate dealt the same fate.

Who will play the Final on Sunday?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson O'Sullivan leads 17-8
-------------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Mark Allen Murphy leads 13-7

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Shanghai Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Allen v Murphy might be close, predicting a Murphy win.

Robbo v Ronnie too, think Robbo will finally have the edge on a long match but needs to play his A game. Too much overthinking and Ronnie will eat him alive.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Allen v Murphy might be close, predicting a Murphy win.

Robbo v Ronnie too, think Robbo will finally have the edge on a long match but needs to play his A game. Too much overthinking and Ronnie will eat him alive.

Tough Matches to predict.

last time they played it was very close in Llandudno. Robbo had a great season last Season but Ronnie stopped it being Better.

Postby Wildey

rekoons wrote:Over how Many frames are the semis decided?

Postby rekoons

Wildey wrote:

Thanks.

Say why can’t i use smileys on my phone?

Postby Johnny Bravo

rekoons wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Thanks.

I can't either. :-(

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
rekoons wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Thanks.

you can if you know the bb code

It's very hard to memorize all of them. I only know a few.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
rekoons wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Thanks.

you can if you know the bb code

It's very hard to memorize all of them. I only know a few.

:dunce:

Postby Ck147

Wildey wrote:

last time they played it was very close in Llandudno. Robbo had a great season last Season but Ronnie stopped it being Better.

Although I want Robbo to win, I think Ronnie may win, he knows the players he needs to bring his A game and Robbo is one of them, Lladudno being a great example.

Postby Wildey

Ck147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Although I want Robbo to win, I think Ronnie may win, he knows the players he needs to bring his A game and Robbo is one of them, Lladudno being a great example.

Yea thats the Key

Davis had it Hendry had it.

I Remember a tournament in the 80s Steve was Slugish and making hard work of everything while Mike Hallett was flying playing great stuff i was Expecting more of the same when they faced each other in the Semis however Davis did not put a foot wrong and beat Mike 9-3 and went on to win the title.

Postby TheRocket

Braindead shot from Allen might cost him this match. He had a golden opportunity to level for 4:4.

But instead of rolling the frame ball green in which was close to the cushion he hit it with speed. Similar to Judds yellow against Ronnie.

6:3 Murphy now after the 1st session.

Postby rekoons

If he were to get to the final and then lose, how many lost finals in a row would that be :chin:

edit: according to wikipedia, that would be his seventh...

Postby Wildey

rekoons wrote:If he were to get to the final and then lose, how many lost finals in a row would that be :chin:

Not a good return in almost 15 years since his World title win 7 Ranking titles even Kyren Wilson is closing in on him after only 5 years with 3

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:I'd rather Ronnie lose to Robertson tomorrow, than for him to lose to Murphy in a big final.

What a ridicilous statement.

Just say he lost to Robbo how the buck will you get the chance to find out if he lost the final or WIN IT <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Probably won't watch any tonight. Fitting a best of 19 into one evening is optimistic, can't be fussed to watch in one night. And can't be bothered to watch Eurosport attempting to fit a match that long into two hour highlights.

How has the first session been?

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
rekoons wrote:If he were to get to the final and then lose, how many lost finals in a row would that be :chin:

Not a good return in almost 15 years since his World title win 7 Ranking titles even Kyren Wilson is closing in on him after only 5 years with 3

Personally I’d say it’s an accurate reflection of how good he is compared to other top players.

If anything he’s done well for himself.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Braindead shot from Allen might cost him this match. He had a golden opportunity to level for 4:4.

But instead of rolling the frame ball green in which was close to the cushion he hit it with speed. Similar to Judds yellow against Ronnie.

6:3 Murphy now after the 1st session.

If the final is Murphy vs Ronnie, I don't see Murphy winning.

I know Ronnie had a slow start against Karen and needed to come back, but Murphy often has a bit of a block against Ronnie. He seems to struggle.

The CoC final was more an exception than the rule, for me.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Personally I’d say it’s an accurate reflection of how good he is compared to other top players.

If anything he’s done well for himself.

Stats like that dont lie hes had as much chance as others to win not as if he been on a 10 year holiday is it hes played in everything.